PDA

View Full Version : Dont believe everything

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Dear new student dont believe everything they tell you about AUA, most of the people here who write about AUA are from NY office so becareful, they are doing great in marketing, hee you go a story
Donít go to AUA, the school sucks and has a really bad reputation around other schools and in the States, Also donít believe what they tell you that we will help you out in your classes, I am still at AUA but I am trying to transfer out to another school that accept my credits, they are a lot of shady pooh pooh going there, for example with me I scored 63 in the Shelf exam for anatomy and I needed a 64 to pass, the teacher himself said if you attended all classes and you need a point or 2 points I will give it to you, he did not and made me retake the whole class and it all because of the way they teach, they teach the Abdominal in 1 week and pelvis in another week and he spend 3 week in embryo, the surprise is no one care about embryo even in the step it is only one question if you even get any, they do that cause Dr H has PhD in embryology (by the way he is not a MD, and was a teacher assistance in Ross then they brought him to AUA to be the Chairman of the department), it was my fault not to study for my first test but after that I did work hard and he even said that I made a huge improvement, I scored 69 in my second test and 76 in my third test, but my first test killed me.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Also, some teachers in AUA thy have their own company that do marketing for the the school, For example student from Canda contact these companies and pay some fees then the company present them to the school and for sure they wil get accepted because these teachers are in the committee

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 01:38 PM
The school only have one loan company do you know why because our step average is 51% after the third trial, isnít it sucks while other schools have higher percentage than us, you know why because most of the teachers there donít care about students, for example Mr. L is the head department of Biochemistry, the guy doesnít have PhD or MS from the States or even Education degree to become a teacher, he is from Germany and he like to have power over everyone we tried to ask the school to make him take the Shelf exam with us to show how sucks he is, but they refused, but some student from a semester before us said he did take once and he failed it, he also was assistance teacher somewhere else and he is a nurse, (one time he made a comment what do you guys think if Germany won the war I think we would made the world better, he hates Jewish people) he is really good in genetics I admire his lectures and knowledge but Biochemistry students know more than him. He is there because of Dr B, which is the dean (he took over Dr G position), so imagine to German guys (B and L) against a Jewish guy (G), and there are many stories about their arguments, but I can tell you that Dr G cares about students more and try to help them, there are more about this school only students who attend there can tell what is going on

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 01:40 PM
also I still go to the school there and the big news is, Dr. N from the physio left the school already, Dr S for histo is leaving this semester, Dr. G which is a big investor in the school is leaving too, something is not right, not only that the school is in the market for sale in the past 4 months,

determinedtobedoc
09-20-2008, 01:58 PM
1) you shouldn't use teacher's names in your post
2)Dr. G isn't leaving and Dr. N will be here teaching Physio
3)I am not a school official
4)stop spreading rumors, you failed anatomy retake it. Don't expect anyone to hand you even half a point. You have to work for it.

THECARDIO
09-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Mr Determinedtobedoc,
I am here at AUA and still go to classes, i think it is not a rumor, Dr N is already gone because I spoke to her last semester, Also Dr G is teaching her part now plus his neuro class, about people failing there explain to us the 51% in passing the step1,
please dont say you are no a school official,
also what happen with the student last April when the school brought them back to retake the shelf exam for Pharm,

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 02:10 PM
dont tell me retake anatomy cause i already did and i scored high 70 in my shelf,
Dr N is not coming back Dr G is teaching her part, Also go ask Dr G what did he tell students last week about transfering out of the school,
Sorry about using names but it is true what i said not only that there are alot going on there, like student who are retaking their class for the third and fourth time, however thy should been out of there by now

THECARDIO
09-20-2008, 02:16 PM
About Dr B one day we were at the library and one student had a seizure, so the librarian lady called Dr B from his office because he was assigned for emergency situations, he came and he did not even touch the student he asked another student to hold him down but the student hold him so tight and fracture one of his legs (the first rule is to put the student on his right side to make sure he won’t swallow his tongue), Dr B did not even touch him till the ambulance came then the student who had a seizure had to go back home for treatment, Guess what Dr B’s License as MD was suspended years ago that’s why he did not touch the student, imagine you dean’s license is suspended, that’s why I am trying to transfer now out of the school cause our reputation sucks, first chance i will be out of there,

shayloure
09-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Dr. N is going back. I know this because she called Dr. G while he was teaching physio some time last week. Dr. S in physio reiterated last Tuesday that she will be coming back and wants people to attend the lectures. You seem to be writing all of this stuff because you're upset that you failed Anatomy. Just repeat it and go on. One of my friends was already passing anatomy back when we took it in Jan. and he got a 52 on the shelf. And you know what. He had to repeat it in May. Try as hard as you possibly can to not go into a shelf needing a 64. It's a lot of pressure. I know, I had the filling when I took biochem last semester. Thank God Dr. L lowered the passing to 60. Yes,Dr. L in biochemistry is a nurse and he is where he is today because he's Dr. B's cousin. Dr. S in hisology will be leaving in Jan., just be glad you had histo when he was here. But yet, all of this stuff is no reason to say the school sucks. It just opened up in 2004. Either give it time or don't come here.

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 02:30 PM
as i said before i already passed anatomy thank God, and I got a B in it, the other classes I already passed Dr N is not coming back she moved to another school and by the way the passing in Biochem is 58 not 60 as you said, I finished Biochem too with Genetics but I am telling you again yes the school sucks, I dont like there way if handling things plus the favore people over others, and as you said Mr L (he is not Dr) is there because of Dr B, so you can imagine the rest

shayloure
09-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Dude, were you in Physio last week when Dr. N (the best female physiology teacher ever) called Dr. G? He got off the phone with her and told my friend and I (we always sit in the front row) that she is coming back. Now this was last week. Have you heard something more recent than last week? And if so was it a reliable source? Because I can't picture her calling Dr. G and saying she's coming back. Dr. G wasn't teaching her part. He was teaching cell and membrane physiology. She teaches renal and reproductive.

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Now, i have a few questions for you, why did we got kicked out of Baltimore? why did Dr G went to Michigan last semester? Is it true that we lost NY too? when you answer these questions you will kno where is the school going thru,
by they way did u guys know the school in the market for sale or not

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Dude renal is taught by Dr W not her check the notes on sdrive,
i am in the second row all the time, i will remind u when the time and she is not there

shayloure
09-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Now I heard from another friend of mine that Manipal is gonna buy the school. And when they do, Dr. L will be out because he's not really a doctor. As far as losing baltimore, I don't know. But Dr. G said they're working on getting Atlanta. He's going to do a site visit next week at another hospital in NY that we're gonna be able to do neurology electives at.

shayloure
09-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Oh yeah. Word on the street they're working towards getting Puerto Rico for a 5th semester site too, but you'll have to know spanish in order to go there.

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 02:47 PM
getting atlanta hahahahahahaha, look let me tell you something and please think about it hard, why would Dr G care if he is leaving to get atlanta, Plus do you remember at the beginning of the semester when Mr S the owner came to the school and stayed for like a month, that was because of the visit from Atlanta to our school and it did not go well at all,
Dr G is the best teacher there with Dr S and Dr K from pathology, I admire these teachers alot, But the school is not going forward after that
I hope Manipal wont buy them becuase some of Maipal school lost there accreditation in the states and I hope we dont run in this problem,
trust me when I came to school I was thinking everything good about it till i saw what is going on, If Dr G left the school as I heard so the school wll stop at this point,

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 02:49 PM
every school in the carbi has puerto rico, it is the easiest,

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 02:50 PM
tell me why we lost Baltimore, it looks like you dont want to answer. I will for you cause the students were cheating why cause they never learn

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 02:52 PM
also what happen in Michigan last semester and the semester before, ops same thing that happen in baltimore, but michigan Dr G was able to control it, but Baltimore it did not work

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 02:53 PM
are you a SGA or school official?

shayloure
09-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Neither. I'm just a regular student. If you sit in the front row of Neuro, you can talk to Dr. G about anything. The stuff about getting puerto rico didn't come from him, I heard that from last semester's 4th semester class. Dr. G is leaving form what I hear, but not next semester. I didn't know we lost Baltimore because of cheating. That's why I didn't respond. I only speak of what I know. Are you in neuro and physio this semester? Dr. G. talks abou this stuff randomly to us. You just gotta keep an ear out for it.

THECARDIO
09-20-2008, 03:03 PM
lol lol nice talk guys

THECARDIO
09-20-2008, 03:10 PM
I am in the third semester, and I heard that last April there is about 18 students failed Pharm Shelf however they done well during the semester, then Dr G offer them to take another Shelf and if they pass it is done for them becuase he did not want them to come back for one subject, so they came back and took the Shelf they passed, then Dr B and Mr L did not like that and they wanted these student to come back for the whole semester, in any case only 3 students did not come back and the other 15 came back to take the whole class again, these 3 student has good connection with someone in the school, I dont want to say any of the students names cause 2 of them are my friends

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 03:15 PM
I am in physio only,
they been saying that for a while now like since i started ask Dr G about the truth in that, he is the one who knows these thing well,
there are many shady things going on there so try to get out of there and in your fifth transfer to a different school, that is my plan too, I am only one class behind but i can take on block and ctach up then i am out of there
our % in the step is really bad, i mean it sucks and that is because of there shady wasy of doing things at the school,

shayloure
09-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Sorry for the delay, I fell asleep studying physiology, go figure. I'm in extended, so I have neuro, physio, path 1, and Immuno. I've gotten to the point of being tired of dealing with the school (when it comes to the loan situation) and being tired of being on the island I sort of wish that I had opted to be taken out of extended. If I was on Dr. L's good side, I would take behavioral over next block and ask to take Micro and all 3 med 4 classes next semester. Last semester, he let this one dude take all 3 med 4 classes, micro, and genetics. But given, I don't want to end up with bad grades. I'm trying to get through 5th and take the step. And if my score is high enough and my GPA is over a 3.0, I might try to transfer to a U.S. school, like Drexel. But I'm not gonna transfer to another caribbean medical school.

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 03:35 PM
trust me even if transfer to another cariddean it will be better try UMHS it looks like a good school, finish at AUA as I am doing then transfer for your fifth semester to another school the key for american school is to score high in your Step1 then you can transfer to one of the american

DrSpeaksSoftly
09-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Wow, look at the rumors fly! Just to make things clear, I am a student, not SGA or staff. Dr. L is a "doctor" but his degrees were earned in Germany. (we actually researched this when I was on the island) He does not have any ill feelings towards Jews and I would know, I am from a Jewish family. He knows that and treated me with nothing less than respect and politeness. I think some posters have issues with Germans and that smacks of bigotry,

Dr. N was a visiting prof when I was attending on the island and she was considering tranferring as a permanent prof to AUA, looks like she will making that move soon. In the meantime, she is probably traveling back and forth as she did when I attended on the island. If she says she is returning then she is returning.

We lost Baltimore? Big deal, it was a trial run anyways. We have picked up NY in the meantime for a 5th so what's the ruckus over? Miami is still our main area for 5th semester and has plenty of room.

Every school does not have Puerto Rico and it's not the easiest to get, where did you get that "information?" Puerto Rico is one of our two greenbook rotations for Peds so I wouldn't just dismiss it out of hand, Greenbooks aren't a dime a dozen. (and the hospitals are English speaking)

If you failed your Shelf then I have to suspect your words are sour grapes. Why do we have such low Shelf scores? I would think that would have to do with the very large classes AUA takes in and thus the equally large amount of students failing their Shelf. AUA isn't very picky about who they accept but they won't just pass anyone, there has to be a litmus test.

All in all this seems to be a lot of smoke screening and not a lot of substance. We have produced MDs at this school and also Matched them. That tells me that we are legitimate. End of story.

shayloure
09-20-2008, 03:43 PM
See, I don't want to try UMHS because they don't have any graduates, Heck, they just started this past May. When I picked AUA I picked it because one, they had at least a graduating class, two, they had NY approval, and three most importantly, they're on the case by case list for the Indiana state medical board. Now I know that doesn't mean full approval, but at least they're not disapproved by them like Spartan and St. Matthews, and UHSA. By the way, I'm from Indianapolis.

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Wow, look at the rumors fly! Just to make things clear, I am a student, not SGA or staff. Dr. L is a "doctor" but his degrees were earned in Germany. (we actually researched this when I was on the island) He does not have any ill feelings towards Jews and I would know, I am from a Jewish family. He knows that and treated me with nothing less than respect and politeness. I think some posters have issues with Germans and that smacks of bigotry,

Dr. N was a visiting prof when I was attending on the island and she was considering tranferring as a permanent prof to AUA, looks like she will making that move soon. In the meantime, she is probably traveling back and forth as she did when I attended on the island. If she says she is returning then she is returning.

We lost Baltimore? Big deal, it was a trial run anyways. We have picked up NY in the meantime for a 5th so what's the ruckus over? Miami is still our main area for 5th semester and has plenty of room.

Every school does not have Puerto Rico and it's not the easiest to get, where did you get that "information?" Puerto Rico is one of our two greenbook rotations for Peds so I wouldn't just dismiss it out of hand, Greenbooks aren't a dime a dozen. (and the hospitals are English speaking)

If you failed your Shelf then I have to suspect your words are sour grapes. Why do we have such low Shelf scores? I would think that would have to do with the very large classes AUA takes in and thus the equally large amount of students failing their Shelf. AUA isn't very picky about who they accept but they won't just pass anyone, there has to be a litmus test.

All in all this seems to be a lot of smoke screening and not a lot of substance. We have produced MDs at this school and also Matched them. That tells me that we are legitimate. End of story.

I dont know if you are or not SGA or school member,
before you talk about my SHELF score talk about yours oh let me remind you there is points added to the self in behavior why cause it is low,
my shelf score beside anatomy in the first time has been in 70th, so i am doing the average of te shelf in the merican school
About Mr L, yes he is not a PhD or MD, and when Manipal take over he will be out, I did research it as well, he is DN which mean he has a master from Germany, and about his comment on the jewish it is real, and you can ask students from the last semester class,
By the way only few students score higher than 70 like my second anatomy we were 20 students out of 175, and it is not because the large class it is the way they teach (for example anatomy they teach abdomen is 1 week and pelvis in one week however the 70A% of the shelf is abdomen and pelvis),
About Puert Rico alot of the carbbiean schools have so it is not a big deal,
Please dont talk about greenbook, cause more than have of our hospitals are not,
Michigan remember my word and go ask Dr G, what happen last semester and the semester before

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Isn't funny to have Miami as fifth semester but we don't have the Rotation there,
Oh by the way fifth semester doesn't mean we are approved there it is just a contract was Kaplan or some other provider,

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 04:00 PM
we picked up NY, oh thats why we still looking for a hospital,
I am still at AUA have one more semester then I will be out, and I hope i dont have to do my rotation with them, the key is the step and thank God most of my shelf score in the 70th

THEIMD
09-20-2008, 04:04 PM
what semester are you in now,

Fornis J. Plebney
09-20-2008, 04:12 PM
I heard they were gonna start caning people if they failed an exam. Better transfer out while you still can. :roll:

DOC.p
09-20-2008, 04:32 PM
wow, gotta love disgruntled students. yeup, i'm actually an AUA official from the NY office who is paid to write propaganda!

even though you're blowing smoke with no facts at all, i'll take some time out of my day to answer you.

losing Baltimore for 5th, there are many rumors but the main reason was insurance purposes of the hospital, they would not allow students the "hands-on" exposure that the school wanted. the school officials met and decided that it was no longer a beneficial program that they wanted compared to the other sites. we still have rotations in Harbor Hospital.

as for NY, we aren't losing NY...you're kidding me right? the program just started, a lot went into it to have it ready for this semester. there are also AUA clinical students rotating there. ask thrifty, she is learning a lot there and in the future, there will be more spots available.

as for why don't we have rotations in Fl even though we have a 5th semester Miami program, well that's simple...we don't have Fl approval. Dr. P came to talk yesterday and it is on the list of things to accomplish over the next year but it's not at the top of the list like Ca-approval is. a student may do elective rotations there without the approval but until we are approved, you will not see any rotations in Fl. whatever you think you theory is, it is incorrect.

Pontiac, yes we did actually almost lose this site because of a few dumb students but my contacts there now is that things are going very well. again, whatever you heard, you think you heard or whatever conspiracy theory you might have, it's incorrect.

a 5th semester program in San Jaun was supposed to start this semester but didn't go through but may begin next semester. also, an Atlanta 5th semester program is in the future. we once had an affilation with hospitals down there but AUA pulled out for some shady dealings on the organization AUA went through to set things up. Dr. P is trying to establish new ties down there which will bring rotations and eventually a new 5th semester program.

i've been on VMD for a long time, i also have many contacts in the admin and i was the SGA VP my fourth semester at AUA. i hear plenty of rumors and see posters come on here all the time with rumors and what not and i try to tell it like it is. besides things being unorganized at times, i have nothing really negative to say about AUA. i received a pretty solid basic science foundation and now in 5th semester and preparing for the step, i do see the big picture.

my advice to you is to work hard and do whatever you can to make it through the program. there is no shame in repeating a class as long as you learn the material right the second time through. you can sit here and point out flaw after flaw but at the end of the day, you really have nobody to blame for what happens in your schooling. good luck.

MYMD
09-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Doc, this stuff happens all the time on VMD, I know I remember when you joined years ago as I, You stayed here I Mod elsewhere.

The loan problems have caused a lot of tempers

there are a lot of people who wanted to go to US medical schools but faced the facts and end up in the Caribbean, some want shortcuts they cannot get and others want every door to be opened just like a US grad, is not going to happen ever until you are a Doc, and even then it may matter it seems.

I'm too old myself to care, the place I work as a Doc will be my last (I'm over 40) so I need one residency and one state and I'm good to go.

For the rest, you have to take as is, this is what you have, you can give up, go back to the USA and try ( for years ) to get into a US school, but so many never never make it in, I think you are better off finishing at the the school you are at and enjoying what few ever will, being called Doctor.

I do not come by and visit too much because of all this panic and fighting, really in the end all that matters is MD and practice.

as long as you can practice then you are fine.

ignore the panic, deal with the realities and move on.

If you picked a School without really knowing how this works then its your fault not the schools and not the other students.

Just focus on the studies

those who do will succeed a lot before us already have. The door is still open.

md12886
09-20-2008, 06:17 PM
To OP,

don't tell me that you join AUA because you thought all the information you need to pass shelf and mini exams will be spoon feed to you. I am in med 2, and by now, I know part of passing med school is to do self study besides going to classes and learn the powerpoints. I have friends going to sgu and us medical schools, they follow the same rule of thumb.

Dr. H, agreed is not one of the best proff when it comes to teach anatomy, kmcic proffs in lab are better than him but think abt it, how can you learn anatomy and embryo within 3 months when it is spread into 2 sem in us medical schools. abdomen only lasted you for 1 week, too bad, with us it lasted 2 + weeks. pelvis is taught by Dr. H A. and you telling me, he didn't teach you well, he is genius proff and everything he taught on his ppt helped me to answer all questions on pelvis in shelf.

Dr. S is leaving, yes rumor has spreaded and is spreading fast. Too bad, we will loose one of the best proff at AUA. but if he is not happy here and is making more money somewhere else, he would leave as anyone of us would do it....common sense!

rumors: aua is on market for sale, I heard 3 days ago, its already been sold to kmc 4 months ago, I came home and checked AUA web, it still says NS is the founder and president. so I dont believed in that rumor. Dr. N is not coming back according to you, were you in physio lecture, Dr. S said she is coming, even if she comes or not, all ppl want is to score good on her exams and pass the class? she is 75+, at this point she even know how much can she help AUA or UMHS where I heard she is appointed. lastly, Dr G is leaving.. well I dont know these are all rumors and I would not believe anything if n when it happens! and yes, you needed one point on anatomy shelf even after that curve??? :shock:

sai213
09-20-2008, 06:19 PM

Agree with you 100% Dr.N comes and goes, during my time she thaught endo now i dunno.

DrSpeaksSoftly
09-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Honestly, sometimes I wonder why I take the bait? (answering questions for someone who is trolling, ie., multiple accounts) The bottom line is this, AUA is turning out doctors and we are a very young school, that's pretty impressive to me. Given the disaster of the American economy I think it nothing short of a miracle what we even have a lender. (keep in mind there is a good chance my education with AUA will stop due to this fact so I am not just blowing smoke here)

Dr. L is not anti-semetic, he knew I was from a Jewish family and treated me very respectfully. I heard some other students refer to him as the "nazi" and was fairly disgusted at this behavior. Just because someone is from Germany doesn't mean they are anti-semetic. My grandparents are from Germany, survived the camps, are they anti-semetic Jews? :roll: Sure he's not exactly warm and cuddly but I think he should be judged off his actual abilities and personality, not his ethinic background.

Fifth semester is still mostly in Miami, we do not have a contract with Kaplan or I think I would've actually...I don't know....attended a Kaplan lecture or read a Kaplan book while in fifth semester. We actually asked NS to add something like Kaplan or Falcon to the curriculum, he said he'll look into it. Florida follows California when it comes to allowing residencies and such, so until we receive Cali approval we won't be practicing in Florida.

I've been a member on this board since I came to the school, feel free to go through my posting history. I do question the validity of a poster that joins simply to bash the school however, especially when that member is banned for multiple accounts. Alas, I need to get abc to studying for my Step as I can no longer extend past October. God willing I make a good score and find a way to continue my education.

Agraphia
09-20-2008, 10:41 PM
This thread is stupid. Dont worry, if AUA falls out i will by then have started up Agraphia's PJ MD online degree, accepted in all 50 states with yes you said it... free prostitute covered in chocolate with every application turned in. Get your MD from the comfort of your own home in your PJs! $12,000/semester, 10 semesters in 6 months.

FutureDoc86
09-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Baltimore was lost because there is not hands-on experience, what about NY, are you guys getting any hands-on now?

SemTuv
09-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Sure Dr. N is one the greatest teachers, but let not to be confused some students took physio twice even when she is/was teaching physio at AUA. Be real. If she leaves just get her lectures from other students and STUDY it and you will be in good shape for shelf.

NWS
09-21-2008, 07:56 PM
The bitterness in this thread is amazing. The OP failed Anatomy and now has sour grapes. Rumors of Dr. S leaving the school have been persisting for a few semesters now, next time I give him a ride (I tend to see him walking around and give him a ride now and then) I'll ask him if he's leaving. This is the first time I've heard of Dr. G leaving, he was demoted a few semesters back but I don't think he cares at all. As for the step 1 passing being at 51%, that's just b.s. Show me evidence of this otherwise this is just as credible as aliens visiting us and leaving crop circles behind.

Bottom line: DO YOUR WORK and you will be fine. Stop blaming your failures on professors or the school. If you've failed a course, then try to understand what you did wrong and correct that flaw. If other students that go to AUA are becoming doctors and doing extremely well on the USMLE, it's because they worked hard and did learn what they needed from this school.

P.S. OP, your English is atrocious. I'd hate to see how you communicate with your patient.

determinedtobedoc
09-21-2008, 08:08 PM
T this is just as credible as aliens visiting us and leaving crop circles behind.

Wait are you saying that aliens didn't leave the crop circles behind :confused: if they didn't then who did :shock:

Fornis J. Plebney
09-21-2008, 09:25 PM
http://www.instantattitudes.com/gifs/bs281.gif

ohmyliver
09-21-2008, 09:45 PM
why is it when people badmouth the school they cant write properly. seriously after reading the first few posts my head hurt. i honestly hope that this person wrote like he didnt understand the english language on purpose. if not then maybe they should make an english test a pre req for admission.

hooked on phonics baby...

rahulb
09-22-2008, 08:07 AM
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5413/11854593bd5.jpg

sai213
09-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Aliens are real or not i dunno coz i've never seen them but i've seen a UFO!!! LOL

NicSTX
09-22-2008, 12:23 PM
tell me why we lost Baltimore, it looks like you dont want to answer. I will for you cause the students were cheating why cause they never learn

I resent this comment.
I went to baltimore, I never cheated, I passed my step the first time I took it with a very competitive score. I also never failed any classes, never partied, studied my behind off, never made any excuses for myself. Baltimore wasn't even that great anyway, good clinical experience, but not what was needed in 5th semester. Too much busy work.

The end.

NicSTX
09-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Baltimore was lost because there is not hands-on experience, what about NY, are you guys getting any hands-on now?

... you don't need hands on experience in 5th, you need review. Get your hands on in ICM and study in 5th. If you ask me, we had too much hands on experience in baltimore and not enough review. But that's just my two cents...

FutureDoc86
09-22-2008, 03:01 PM
My point wasn't about whether or not hands-on is beneficial, but being that it was the reason why the school "voluntarily withdrew" from Baltimore, I think it's a little weird we aren't getting hands-on in NY, if that is really the case. That's why I asked the question if they were getting hands-on.

But NicSTX I totally agree, my main motive in 5th would be review anyway.

mdman713
09-23-2008, 10:01 PM
So it is true, the school did get sold. I know it happened about 2 weeks ago. I heard from someone, not a student. I never had time to follow up on it fully. The person that told me is a reliable source and even asked me to call the school and confirm it, I just never got the time (gotta hate this loan situation). I wonder what happened, not like the school will tell us the truth. Anyone else have real info on this. If a school official could comment on this it would be great. Also, just a question as students do you feel its necessary for the school to inform the students about such things?

sai213
09-24-2008, 12:42 AM
mdman, our school got sold to whom? Is it a good thing or not. I heard from a prof when i was there that KMC wants to buy off the antigua campus coz KMC in India are the one providing the money for the new campus.

NWS
09-24-2008, 08:36 AM
There's always rumors floating around campus but this latest one is that KMC is indeed buying out AUA. We'll see if that is true..

sai213
09-24-2008, 09:26 AM
KMC is cali approved it might be easier to get recognition for our school, things might change. Loans maybe easier. KMC has loads of money.... lol Again I don;t really know for sure.

shayloure
09-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Yes I too heard that the school was sold to Kasturba and since Kasturba has their own bank, next semester that's who we're going to get loans from along with Ed Invest. Now, having Ed Invest hasn't been confirmed yet for next semester, because when I talked to the people at Richland, they said they could talk about the criteria for getting a loan for May and for this fall, but they couldn't confirm or discuss about loans for January.

md12886
09-24-2008, 11:02 AM
talked to kmcic student, he confirmed that kmc did bought aua 3 weeks ago! I dont know how this will affect students in antigua, but loans should be handled in proper manner. counterpart of this transition, we will see lot of changes in newyork office, but it would really hurt us if dr. g, dr. s and other good proff leaving aua :(

mdman713
09-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Im gonna say it is KMC who took over AUA. There were two men from KMC (i say KMC because they were def not prof from the school), at the white coat for the past semester. These men were at the new campus walking around and surveying the campus (hard hat and all), also driving around the AUA jeep. I mean i could be wrong, but who knows. If this is the case its gonna be the whole Devry-Ross take over. That means a lot of changes will happen. KMC is a stright money making machine (they do a good job at it). Look at their webpage, they have a school for everything. I think it will help the school get Cali, new loans, and other changes. Well who knows what will happen.

irishdoc2005
09-24-2008, 11:50 AM

siheg
09-24-2008, 01:56 PM
So potential benefits of this takeover are: Increased funding, potential loans, and the new campus to be finally completed? Are there any drawbacks?

HinduDoc
09-24-2008, 03:14 PM
i hope they bring some cooks from india to make some bomb azz food

sai213
09-24-2008, 03:48 PM
why would dr.G and dr.S leave? I don't think there will be any drawbacks. I checked manipal.edu website, its amazing!!! But their semester curiculum is diff than at AUA. They have anatomy for 2 sem. something like ross. I don't think they would fail students on purpose coz they have already made their truck load of money, if you pass then move ahead. Manipal has medical school in Nepal, Malasia couple in India itself

determinedtobedoc
09-24-2008, 03:48 PM
So potential benefits of this takeover are: Increased funding, potential loans, and the new campus to be finally completed? Are there any drawbacks?
Are you kidding me, can't you see this is a first step in India trying to takeover the United States:rolleyes: (We have to bring the original negativity back it is against traditions to turn a negative thread into positive.)

kiddieMD
09-24-2008, 04:27 PM
DEAR IMD

You must be pretty angry. Every school has its ups and downs. I am not defending or putting down the school. I have had major problems with this school and I have seen major problems in the school I transferred from. Schools lose spots and gain them. This school is very new and they have a lot of kinks to work out. Is it perfect no but it will get better HOPEFULLY. Honestly, if you do not like the school you should transfer to a school that you are satisfied with. Overall going to a caribbean school is not an easy road. Also it is not easy to transfer from a CAribbean school to a US school. Trust me i know people who have looked into it. You have to have great grades and a super duper USMLE score. They only accept a few superb students every year.

I hope you get what you want. the goal is to become a doctor. I hope you find what you are looking for at AUA, Ross, AUC, Windsor etc. Good luck in your journey. :D

mdman713
09-25-2008, 10:28 AM
I wish someone from the school would post something or respond. We all know they read and write on these forums.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.