PDA

View Full Version : so i got an interview, whats next?

rsoybelman
09-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Dunno if there is a thread like this but i got an interview for next wed
Any specific advice maybe from some1 who already went thru the process already would be great appreciated

Thanks

determinedtobedoc
09-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Here are some questions

If you saw your friend cheating on a test, and no one else did. What would you do?

What is your greatest weakness.

When did you become interested in medicine and why.

Name three ways your professors/best friend would describe you.

What is one characteristic you don't like about yourself.

If you are in a park (you are a newly certified physician) you have an open wound. You saw someone bleeding profusely. There is no one around, you want to help this person (and you can help to stop the bleeding). However, he is your patient and you know he is HIV positive what would you do during the mean time that paramedics get there.

Lets say you don't believe in abortion, what would you do if one of your patients would like to have an abortion?

You are a resident physician in ER and you just have a muslim woman, You need to check her however, she doesn't want any male checking her. What would you do?

With me they were big on Ethics. Hope it helps, good luck.

PantsMcPant
09-13-2008, 12:21 AM
I didn't have any of the questions covered in any of the interview threads. The interviewer just asked me why I was changing careers at this point. I then took control of the interview and asked the interviewer some questions. The whole thing was about 15 minutes long.

At the end of your interview, be sure to ask what your chances are of getting in.

I was accepted 2 weeks later.

rsoybelman
09-16-2008, 12:34 PM
I didn't have any of the questions covered in any of the interview threads. The interviewer just asked me why I was changing careers at this point. I then took control of the interview and asked the interviewer some questions. The whole thing was about 15 minutes long.

At the end of your interview, be sure to ask what your chances are of getting in.

I was accepted 2 weeks later.

Is it really a good idea to ask your chances at the end?? And thanks for the heads up on some of the questions

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.