PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about transfering - advice?

jakey123
09-10-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm in med school in europe & decided i'd like to practice in the united states. My school doesn't have rotations in the states so I want to transfer to a school where I can do clinicals in the states.
Are people happy with All Saints? How do you find the quality of teaching? Teaching to USMLE? Is the school accredited? US rotations good?

Thank You

jameslynton
09-10-2008, 09:07 PM
As far as I know this school may have issues. I would avoid the one in Dominica. Aruba may be ok - my suggest stay with the tried and true schools. As far as I know they have no grads.

Magen-MD
09-12-2008, 10:30 PM
i'm in med school in europe & decided i'd like to practice in the united states. My school doesn't have rotations in the states so i want to transfer to a school where i can do clinicals in the states.
Are people happy with all saints? How do you find the quality of teaching? Teaching to usmle? Is the school accredited? Us rotations good?

Thank you

all schools have issues. Period. And i mean all of them. Both old and new. Some new schools are performing better than some old ones.

All saints is a good school. A very good school, academically speaking. Whatever, the issues are, these issues have nothing to do with academic standards. It is a new school with humble beginnings but a powerful delivery and promising future. Take it from me, as an independent & unbiased observor of these schools. All saints, be it dominica or aruba, there is no academic difference. The only difference is they are in different islands and the dominica campus has more students than the aruba.

DOC.p
09-13-2008, 11:30 AM
there is no reason to even consider All Saints when there are much MUCH better options - SGU, Ross, AUC, Saba, AUA, SMU, MUA-N...

Dr.Ali,2012
09-14-2008, 03:30 PM
And of course windsor.

bboybetts
09-16-2008, 10:12 PM
all schools have issues. Period. And i mean all of them. Both old and new. Some new schools are performing better than some old ones.

All saints is a good school. A very good school, academically speaking. Whatever, the issues are, these issues have nothing to do with academic standards. It is a new school with humble beginnings but a powerful delivery and promising future. Take it from me, as an independent & unbiased observor of these schools. All saints, be it dominica or aruba, there is no academic difference. The only difference is they are in different islands and the dominica campus has more students than the aruba.

this school should be your last resort.
Saba, St.goerge , AUC, ROSS, AUA, SMU, MUA, UMHS, Windsor, St.Eustatia (sorry for the spelling).
then if it doesnt work for you, do another extra year, raise your marks, do the MCAT again and apply to all these schools again.

m1kala21
09-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Spartan is sooooo cheap ($5K per sem), and has the same hospital sites as Ross and AUC and St. Matts in New York, Chicago, and Maryland.

this school should be your last resort.
Saba, St.goerge , AUC, ROSS, AUA, SMU, MUA, UMHS, Windsor, St.Eustatia (sorry for the spelling).
then if it doesnt work for you, do another extra year, raise your marks, do the MCAT again and apply to all these schools again.

drshameelmusthafa
02-18-2009, 08:54 AM
hello everybody...

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.