PDA

View Full Version : Why this school?

nrai2001
09-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Why do people go to this school?

Isnt it not accredited by most states?

Did you research the school before entering?

Did you just not want to leave the US that badly?

maximillian genossa
09-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Why do people go to this school?

Isnt it not accredited by most states?

Did you research the school before entering?

Did you just not want to leave the US that badly?

My answers....

Why do people go to this school? It's their money they want to spend it there

Isnt it not accredited by most states? Just like most Caribbean medical schools aren't

Did you research the school before entering? For what I have read here, most of their students do, some don't.

Did you just not want to leave the US that badly? What's your point with this question????

Cheers!

nrai2001
09-13-2008, 02:32 PM
My answers....

Isnt it not accredited by most states? Just like most Caribbean medical schools aren't

Did you just not want to leave the US that badly? What's your point with this question????

Cheers!

The big 4 (SGU, ROSS, SABA, AUC) are accredited by all 50 states, and St. Mathews, AUA are accredited by all besides California......

About not wanting to leave the US I was refering to the program being internet based..

Which States is this school actually accredited in?

siheg
09-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Just a note: several states follow the "cali list" so be aware. Thats why I am awaiting MUA and AUA to put in for Cali approval.

nrai2001
09-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Just a note: several states follow the "cali list" so be aware. Thats why I am awaiting MUA and AUA to put in for Cali approval.

Look into the big 4? I am at SGU now and very happy I came here..

Dr.Ali,2012
09-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Why this school? I don't know.

maximillian genossa
09-16-2008, 01:25 AM
You mean approved, recognized, the word accredited is loosely used in these forums. It is not the same. Technically the only US state that can be construed as "accrediting" fopreign medical school is CA, and it applies more to the way they recognize off shore medical schools based in the Caribbean catering to US customers. They do a site visit upon application and decide to recognize or not based on the results of their site visit. Such site visit they DO NOT do to foreign schools based on foreing countries with medical programs designed to train their own residents and not cater to US students.

Second, CA recognition is NOT retroactive, it counts from the moment after they do the site visit and approve the school, not before. States that follow the CA list fo it for economical reasons, they figure out, well if CA went throught all the trouble lets piggy back on their work and save us some time and money, nothing wrong with that.

You may contact Pat Parks of the CA board for more details, she enjoys clarifying all this.

Accreditation means a school submits an application to one of the US regional accrediting agencies and goes through a lenghty process. No Caribbean schools does this. The other way is applying through the federal DoE, and it is done through the government hosting the school and the process is lenghty. The 4 Caribbean schools you mentioned that have the privilege of access to US DoE Federal Loans were grandfathered out of act of Congress a couple of years ago. NO other Caribbean School is elegible for this, "accreditation" for the purposes of loans. Also the DoE now recognizes certain foreign or international regional accreditation organizations for recognition of a degree. These organizations must apply and enter into formal agreements with the DoE. CAAM-HP is and example, it is seeking such recognition from the US DoE.

Before someone throws in New York, this state has a formal recognition or listing application process for the purposes of obtaining clinical clerkship rotations in the State beyond 12 weeks of electives. You can still get a license in New York even if you graduated from a non-listed or approved school for rotations as long as the school meets the other requirements described in their rules. Any school using their clinical rotations approved status as an "accreditation' gimmick is actually and technically misleading the customers. It is a good thing to have it, but not an absolute.

Hope this clarifies.

Max G... still riding bicycles, still racing motorcycles, still in the kickbox mix :)

The big 4 (SGU, ROSS, SABA, AUC) are accredited by all 50 states, and St. Mathews, AUA are accredited by all besides California......

About not wanting to leave the US I was refering to the program being internet based..

Which States is this school actually accredited in?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.