PDA

View Full Version : Looking for: BRS Biochem book

Alex V
08-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Name your (reasonable) price.

loop360
09-03-2008, 10:16 AM
the BRS for biochem is useless, i had it last term and didn't use it to consult anything. i saw few using the book to do the questions at the end of the chapter and those questions don't really help as a practice for the midterm or the final.
u r better off studying from the notes, don't worry too much about the first few lectures(1-6)" davidson" can't teach and he is not covering much in the course just know the bonds and linkage and u'll be fine. from his lectures there will be very few questions. on my unified his questions was what is the kind of linkage found in DNA. by the way did he say "i'm a monster" story.
for trotz know her slides the inside out. she is teaching alot or at least for us she did. expect to see questions for her lectures about enzyme kinetics- that very important.
for chadwell everything he says is in his handouts- there is extra info in his notes that u don't need to know. know all the cycles well; enzymes, intermediates.
the SGD for biochem expect to see at least a question from it on the midterm.

mcsarpanch
09-03-2008, 11:14 AM
the BRS for biochem is useless, i had it last term and didn't use it to consult anything. i saw few using the book to do the questions at the end of the chapter and those questions don't really help as a practice for the midterm or the final.
u r better off studying from the notes, don't worry too much about the first few lectures(1-6)" davidson" can't teach and he is not covering much in the course just know the bonds and linkage and u'll be fine. from his lectures there will be very few questions. on my unified his questions was what is the kind of linkage found in DNA. by the way did he say "i'm a monster" story.
for trotz know her slides the inside out. she is teaching alot or at least for us she did. expect to see questions for her lectures about enzyme kinetics- that very important.
for chadwell everything he says is in his handouts- there is extra info in his notes that u don't need to know. know all the cycles well; enzymes, intermediates.
the SGD for biochem expect to see at least a question from it on the midterm.

C'mon, dont say Davidson can't teach, he is by far one of the best lecturers you will come across at SGU

loop360
09-03-2008, 01:39 PM
no way davidson can be compared to trotz or chadwell

mcsarpanch
09-03-2008, 04:57 PM
no way davidson can be compared to trotz or chadwell

Well, if Dr D was given the lectures that the other 2 have there'd be no comparison, never underestimate the guy...I had him for a term of premed biochem so I know

loop360
09-04-2008, 07:16 AM
ur dr. D is so out dated that when it comes to the DNA topics during his review sessions (which i'm not sure if he still have them on sundays) he let dr. martin take over and review the material.
he is an old biochemist and not age wise

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.