PDA

View Full Version : Bad News For Manipal - What Does This Mean for AUA?

snoopydog23
08-01-2008, 08:10 PM
http://www.thehindu.com/2008/07/31/stories/2008073154660400.htm (http://www.thehindu.com/2008/07/31/stories/2008073154660400.htm)

Fornis J. Plebney
08-01-2008, 08:42 PM
I am a student from the medical school on Nevis (MUA – Medical University of the Americas) - and I just wanted to say I feel bad for the students there at AUA. I just read the article from “The Hindu” online about an AUA affiliate. The Medical Council of India has derecognized the division of the Manipal University called KMC International Center which is affiliated with the AUA College of Medicine. While AUA and others are having setbacks, I feel so fortunate to be at MUA in Nevis where we have a brand new state-of-the-art building opening and new world-class faculty arriving along with a new loan program for our students. Please read the article to be enlightened of the situation with India and Manipal and KMC Int’l Ctr affiliated with AUA at: http://www.thehindu.com/2008/07/31/stories/2008073154660400.htm (http://www.thehindu.com/2008/07/31/stories/2008073154660400.htm)

I'm not over at KMC, but my gut tells me this is all politics. It looks like KMC failed to kiss the ring of the MCI and is now catching some flak over it. I could be wrong, but that's just my hunch. It's also my hunch that this is a tempest in a teapot.

I'm glad you are happy and MUA and that you have a good faculty, you're building a new campus, and have a loan program. What a coincidence, the same exact thing is happening at AUA.

I'll make you a deal, you don't feel bad for me and I'll refrain from thinking you're a troll looking to stir up stuff on the AUA site.

Pax,

medicine2k6
08-01-2008, 09:01 PM
I dont think this is not much to worry about and feel it is politics as well. But there is something Ive heard...that Manipal is buying AUA completely and news of it should come soon! Again dont quote me on it.

rahulb
08-01-2008, 09:02 PM
great post snoopy!

DrSpeaksSoftly
08-01-2008, 09:34 PM
As per the article.....

Prof. Ballal said Manipal University has represented the issue connected with the Kasturba Medical Colleges of Manipal and Mangalore with the concerned authorities.
Speaking to The Hindu, he said: “The Medical Council of India is only a recommendatory body. We have given the Compliance Report on the queries raised by the MCI before July 15 as suggested by them. For some of their queries, we have sought some time. We feel we are fulfilling all the criteria. We do not want to find fault with anybody. We feel that students getting admitting to our MBBS course and the students doing MBBS course at our colleges need not worry. We are hopeful that everything will be fine.”

It would appear that inquiry is still being done and paperwork is being submitted. They have not lost their accreditation but rather are being questioned about compliance.

gatornation
08-01-2008, 09:44 PM
stop cheerleading for MUA on other school forums, no one cares if your school is better or worse, it just makes you sound immature

sreec
08-01-2008, 09:44 PM
I feel bad for the students there at AUA

Thanks for the concern, but exactly how does this affect me getting my diploma next month and matching next year?

Agraphia
08-01-2008, 10:33 PM
[size=3][font=Calibri]I feel so fortunate to be at MUA in Nevis where we have a brand new state-of-the-art building opening and new world-class faculty arriving along with a new loan program for our students.

Edited by Moderator because I can't play nice in the sandbox.

911Spartacus
08-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Its a great thing to champion your school, but to 'dis other schools on their forum is asking for trouble I daresay. Be proud of your institution, its ok - but play nice. We are all aware of the certain faults at our respective schools when it comes to everything from professors, island life, food, housing, administration, clinicals, basic sciences, travel, etc. In the end, we choose to stay, we choose to go or whatever the case may be.

School spirit is great, but poor sportsmanship and to pour salt on the wounds of a colleague who goes though similar trials and tribulations you do being a fellow Caribbean medical student is bad taste, unclassy and pretty sad. What is this a battle? I didn't realize I was in the middle of a Bring It On movie.

DOC.p
08-01-2008, 11:00 PM
while i will remind users to keep their posts within the Terms of Service (http://www.valuemd.com/disclaimer.php)

Tipton
08-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Snoop gets a distant 4th place behind two callers and azskeptic...nice to see I didn't have to answer this question by myself again!:toast:

Doctor_MD
08-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Snoop got pretty quiet all of a sudden...

dwpegues
08-04-2008, 02:04 AM
absolute nonsense. the reason they got into mua is because saba wouldnt take them. now they are trying to make themselves feel better by dissing another school. absolutely pathetic. hey snoop, please refrain from making further posts in the aua forums.

i really like what 911spartacus said - didn't realize i was in the middle of a bring it on movie.

stephew
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Insulting or flaming others, using vulgar language is against the terms of service you agreed to. Any violations will result in infractions.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.