PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know when they will mail out the admission letters?

zzzc
07-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi guys, i have a question regarding the admission letter. So my question is, did anyone receive their letter yet? Specifically to you, if you applied to the 6-year program for fall of 2008. Or if not, does anyone know when does the school actually mail them out? And another question is, do you guys know if they will send you an email admission letter before hand or not. Thanks for your help guys!

-z

Siri
07-16-2008, 12:04 PM
They did today !

seaweed9934
07-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi guys, i have a question regarding the admission letter. So my question is, did anyone receive their letter yet? Specifically to you, if you applied to the 6-year program for fall of 2008. Or if not, does anyone know when does the school actually mail them out? And another question is, do you guys know if they will send you an email admission letter before hand or not. Thanks for your help guys!

-z

I'm not sure if there's a difference but the person in charge of 4 yr MD program applicants told me we'll know by the end of July.

zzzc
07-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Ahh, ok thanks guys! By the way, Siri, you mean they sent out the actual letters today, not emails right?

And to seaweed, ya i had a friend who also applied to the 6-year program, but he told me almost the same thing when he called in, that they were going to make the decisions around 4th and 5th of july, and then get the letters around end of july. So guess we can only wait and see.

seaweed9934
07-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Ahh, ok thanks guys! By the way, Siri, you mean they sent out the actual letters today, not emails right?

And to seaweed, ya i had a friend who also applied to the 6-year program, but he told me almost the same thing when he called in, that they were going to make the decisions around 4th and 5th of july, and then get the letters around end of july. So guess we can only wait and see.

They're sending out only actual letters (snail mail, not email)?? Oh my...so nervous!! Good luck, zzzc and Siri!

zzzc
07-17-2008, 02:47 PM
haha ya, im nervous as heck here too. And this is my first year applying to universities, so im even more nervous. Good luck to both of you as well!!!

pauli
07-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Does anyone know if the university emails you, as well as mail you admission information for year '08?

seaweed9934
07-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know if the university emails you, as well as mail you admission information for year '08?

I'm pretty sure you can find most of the admissions information on their website. If you have more questions, you can email Ms. Natasha Rembielinska.

zzzc
07-23-2008, 01:22 PM
to pauli, well, one of my friends who applied to the same program as me (6 yr md) told me after he called in, that he got the impression that they weren't going to be emailing anyone, and they are just going to send out the admission/rejection letters by mail (express or regular don't know), but he could be wrong. And like seaweed stated above we'll know by the end of july for sure, if not, i plan on calling the school myself. He (my friend) also told me in detail that, the school started making decisions around the 4th and 5th of july, which ended around 15th 16th of july, as Siri stated above, that they sent out the letters on 16th. So i guess the letters are somewhere over the atlantic? or if not, in some mail processing plant somewhere, so that's that.

But im still curious, did anyone here received their admission letters yet? or some sort of email telling them that they have been accepted?

thanks! -z

seaweed9934
07-24-2008, 07:35 AM
to pauli, well, one of my friends who applied to the same program as me (6 yr md) told me after he called in, that he got the impression that they weren't going to be emailing anyone, and they are just going to send out the admission/rejection letters by mail (express or regular don't know), but he could be wrong. And like seaweed stated above we'll know by the end of july for sure, if not, i plan on calling the school myself. He (my friend) also told me in detail that, the school started making decisions around the 4th and 5th of july, which ended around 15th 16th of july, as Siri stated above, that they sent out the letters on 16th. So i guess the letters are somewhere over the atlantic? or if not, in some mail processing plant somewhere, so that's that.

But im still curious, did anyone here received their admission letters yet? or some sort of email telling them that they have been accepted?

thanks! -z

Hey z! I haven't received any letter(s) from MUW. It's quite nerve-wrecking since the end of July is almost over!! :roll: Yeah...I plan on contacting the school again if I don't get anything by 8/1.

btw, if anyone's curious, I was in Warsaw just a day ago. It's a pretty nice city and convenient to get stuff (grocery, shopping in general, etc.). The mall next to Warszawa Central opened in Feb. 2007...so a lot of new stuff there. I didn't get to see the interior of the med. school but it's a bit further from the city centre. Probably a 5 min. bus ride. Their tram/bus system is easy to access and they basically trust you to buy the tickets since nobody really checks them. I was only there for 2 days, but if anyone has questions that I'm able to answer, just ask! :)

Good luck, you guys! I hope we all get in!!

zzzc
07-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Hey seaweed! Ya it's pretty bad sitting here and waiting for a piece of paper. But just one more week left, so hope all of us can get in.

and wow, in a blink of an eye, you went to warsaw and came back. That's interesting, i have 2 questions mainly about how the city and its people are like. so
1. did you have a hard time communicating with people, and are they nice? (assuming you dont speak polish :))
and 2. How are the prices of things. i know that for everyday expenses once u factor in the exchange rate of dollars to zloties it's quite little, but are there things that are still quite expensive?

and it's good to hear that their public transportation sounds a lot like western euro countries, makes travelling around much easier :D.

thanks a lot in advance! And good luck to all!!!

seaweed9934
07-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey seaweed! Ya it's pretty bad sitting here and waiting for a piece of paper. But just one more week left, so hope all of us can get in.

and wow, in a blink of an eye, you went to warsaw and came back. That's interesting, i have 2 questions mainly about how the city and its people are like. so
1. did you have a hard time communicating with people, and are they nice? (assuming you dont speak polish :))
and 2. How are the prices of things. i know that for everyday expenses once u factor in the exchange rate of dollars to zloties it's quite little, but are there things that are still quite expensive?

and it's good to hear that their public transportation sounds a lot like western euro countries, makes travelling around much easier :D.

thanks a lot in advance! And good luck to all!!!

Hey z~ I thought it wasn't hard to communicate with them in English. I didn't even use my Polish "survival kit" (ex. polish words, phrases, etc.) there. It wasn't hard letting them know what I want to get, for example, in the food court. Most of the younger people spoke at least a little English. If you don't know how to pronounce the name of the food, they usually point until they get to the one you want. I went to the post office to buy and send some postcards a little further from the city centre. It seems that the people in the post office don't know a lot of English. The lady did help me get postcards and stamps (the places I want to send to and getting a receipt were things that the lady didn't understand in English. someone offered to help translate those into Polish for me). Something interesting was that I said I wanted to send them to the United States, but the lady only understood "America" when my mom told her that. People there are nice. They don't wear a smile on their faces all the time, but if you ask for/about something, they usually help out.

I thought the prices are about the same as prices in the U.S. As a reference, a large bottle of sparkling water is approximately 1,85 (about $1). Restaurants are about the same as those in large cities in the U.S. as well. Btw, there are SO many restaurants there!!! AND various cuisines, too! It was impossible to try them all in 2 days. :( The tram/bus tickets have changed, I heard. They're more expensive than before but I'm not sure how much. I bought a tram/bus ticket for 9 zloty (about $4.50, it's a 1 day pass). There should also be tickets for 20, 40, 60 minutes, 3 day-passes and so on.

I hope that helps. Something random I noticed quite different, or at least in my opinion, is that PDA is rather common on the streets!!

zzzc
07-24-2008, 10:26 PM
hey seaweed, thanks for the reply. Well, being able to communicate in english sure put one of my major fears away. haha ya, probably the older generations dont speak english as well as the younger people. But your polish 'survival kit' scared me a bit, lol, looks like if i get accepted, i'll have to spend the rest of my summer learning basic polish... :shock: And that's a nice one at the post office! pheww.... good thing you said they were nice. :D Or else i'll get even more paranoid about how to survive.

that's a pretty big surprise, that you said things were about the same prices as in the US. Haha ya, lots of restaurants in europe, i was in belgium/france last summer for 2 months, and every few steps one can find a restaurant! I loved the variety of choices available though, much better than here.

And looks like the price of transportation is just a bit cheaper than here, i'm from toronto by the way.

haha, ya PDA is pretty common there, not sure about eastern europe, but france/belgium... well after 2 months there i got pretty comfortable with it. I'm still quite amazed by the way the europeans live life, and their way of thinking, one of the main reasons why i want to get out of north america and explore a bit. Once again, thanks for the answers! They gave me more things to think about. :)

seaweed9934
07-26-2008, 10:00 AM
hey seaweed, thanks for the reply. Well, being able to communicate in english sure put one of my major fears away. haha ya, probably the older generations dont speak english as well as the younger people. But your polish 'survival kit' scared me a bit, lol, looks like if i get accepted, i'll have to spend the rest of my summer learning basic polish... :shock: And that's a nice one at the post office! pheww.... good thing you said they were nice. :D Or else i'll get even more paranoid about how to survive.

that's a pretty big surprise, that you said things were about the same prices as in the US. Haha ya, lots of restaurants in europe, i was in belgium/france last summer for 2 months, and every few steps one can find a restaurant! I loved the variety of choices available though, much better than here.

And looks like the price of transportation is just a bit cheaper than here, i'm from toronto by the way.

haha, ya PDA is pretty common there, not sure about eastern europe, but france/belgium... well after 2 months there i got pretty comfortable with it. I'm still quite amazed by the way the europeans live life, and their way of thinking, one of the main reasons why i want to get out of north america and explore a bit. Once again, thanks for the answers! They gave me more things to think about. :)

Hey z, not a problem. Haha...yeah, when it comes to picking schools, people being nice is definitely a priority for me as well. Wow, it must've been wonderful being in France/Belgium for 2 months!! I envy you. I'm guessing you know at least a bit of French (since you're from Canada), right?

zzzc
07-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Hey seaweed! It wasn't THAT good of a vacation, haha. Travelling around a week at a time is really rough and tiring, i would've prefered ur 2 or 3 days method in Warsaw much more, lol. Although i did get to see a lot of things there, but i have some family friends in those countries so i stayed with them, and didn't spend too much money. Can u imagine, 2 months in europe, especially france, how much euros one must spend, :shock: when one constantly travels around and things. Especially i remember, the fast food there was expensive! Normal meals here about 5 bucks, probably 7-8 euros there :(. And restaurants haha, an ΰ la carte lunch probably 15-20 euros...

And ya, i do speak french semi-fluently (learned it for 8-9 years as 2nd language, because the government forces us here). Do they force you to learn spanish in the states as a 2nd language?

seaweed9934
07-28-2008, 12:40 AM
Hey seaweed! It wasn't THAT good of a vacation, haha. Travelling around a week at a time is really rough and tiring, i would've prefered ur 2 or 3 days method in Warsaw much more, lol. Although i did get to see a lot of things there, but i have some family friends in those countries so i stayed with them, and didn't spend too much money. Can u imagine, 2 months in europe, especially france, how much euros one must spend, :shock: when one constantly travels around and things. Especially i remember, the fast food there was expensive! Normal meals here about 5 bucks, probably 7-8 euros there :(. And restaurants haha, an ΰ la carte lunch probably 15-20 euros...

And ya, i do speak french semi-fluently (learned it for 8-9 years as 2nd language, because the government forces us here). Do they force you to learn spanish in the states as a 2nd language?

Even better! You're so lucky to have family and friends living in Europe. :) I had gone to France before, but I don't remember the costs exactly. I'm guessing that things cost a bit cheaper in Poland? The thing is, prices have gone up...I'm not sure if they still are though.

I was outside of the U.S. before college but I did learn a somewhat 2nd language, Mandarin, which I speak at home. If we get in, Polish will be our 3rd language! :)

------
Update: I got in! Has anyone heard about their application status??

zzzc
07-28-2008, 11:09 AM
OH WOW seaweed congrats!!! So when did you receive your letter? im guessing today? or something?

and ya, hopefully the prices haven't gone up too much. Also another thing is, i speak mandarin too :) since that's my '1st' language before coming to canada haha. But ya, i cant wait to see what learning polish is like...

Hopefully i got in, so i'm just gonna sit here and wait for that letter....

-z

seaweed9934
07-28-2008, 11:29 AM
OH WOW seaweed congrats!!! So when did you receive your letter? im guessing today? or something?

and ya, hopefully the prices haven't gone up too much. Also another thing is, i speak mandarin too :) since that's my '1st' language before coming to canada haha. But ya, i cant wait to see what learning polish is like...

Hopefully i got in, so i'm just gonna sit here and wait for that letter....

-z

Thanks, z! :) I hope you get in, too!! I actually haven't gotten the letter yet but I asked Ms. Rembielińska by email about my application status (just thought I'd give it a shot) and she sent me the online form of my acceptance letter yesterday. Try emailing her!

Oh wow, so that means Polish will be your 4th language?? That's impressive!!! Best of luck, z!

zzzc
07-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey seaweed! Haha, nice idea with the email, and it paid off for you :) I just sent mine, lol, hopefully she can give me an update, so i'm just crossing my fingers here and hope i got in.

Gonna go and relax a bit, all this business is making me so tense. Thanks for your wishes!

btw, i got 2 questions, did Ms. Remblienska mention anything about tuitions, or the real letter in ur online admission offer?

seaweed9934
07-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Hey seaweed! Haha, nice idea with the email, and it paid off for you :) I just sent mine, lol, hopefully she can give me an update, so i'm just crossing my fingers here and hope i got in.

Gonna go and relax a bit, all this business is making me so tense. Thanks for your wishes!

btw, i got 2 questions, did Ms. Remblienska mention anything about tuitions, or the real letter in ur online admission offer?

Yep. The letter will include the admission fee, tuition, deadlines for each as well as how and where you should wire the money transfer. I heard from a 6-year M.D. applicant that it's 40.000,00 PLN (tuition). I'm thinking that the admission fee should be the same for 4 or 6-year M.D. applicants, which is 350 PLN. Ms. Remblienska didn't mention anything about the actual letter in the email she sent me.

Good luck!! :)

zzzc
07-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Wow, 40000 pln about 20grand USD or CAD, crap, that's a lot XD

I got too tired of waiting, so i tried to call their office, but my phone line broke, so had a friend do it, and he told me i got in :)

btw, he also mentionned, that ms remblienska told him that they sent out, my official letters just 1 or 2 days ago. so perhaps maybe the decisions are made near the end of july? Not that we would get the letters around the end of july.

Well that's done, i can finally relax now.

S. Express
07-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Hey Z and Seaweed,

Congrats on getting in! Were you guys e-mailed earlier and told you were on the waitlist? or did you just get accepted right away? I applied for the 4 year MD, but I was told earlier this month that I was on a waitlist...

zzzc
07-29-2008, 11:07 AM
hey s! I never was emailed anything by the admission office itself, except before sending in my apps when i had some questions and they answered me by email.

Well, im not sure about seaweed, but i think we both just got accepted, seaweed as u probably read emailed the office and got a reply with an 'online letter', and me, i just had a friend call their office this morning and got a response that i was accepted, and my official letter was mailed not too long ago.

But other than that, i never received anything directly from the school. Why dont u just call them and find out? They are very friendly people. and good luck with ur app!!!

seaweed9934
07-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Wow, 40000 pln about 20grand USD or CAD, crap, that's a lot XD

I got too tired of waiting, so i tried to call their office, but my phone line broke, so had a friend do it, and he told me i got in :)

btw, he also mentionned, that ms remblienska told him that they sent out, my official letters just 1 or 2 days ago. so perhaps maybe the decisions are made near the end of july? Not that we would get the letters around the end of july.

Well that's done, i can finally relax now.

Congratulations on getting in! :)

For my online form of the acceptance letter, it was dated 08.07.2008. So I'm thinking that they made their decisions around that time? Probably just had a lot to send out or something or they took some time to decide for each candidate. The 6-year M.D. program applicant I talked about earlier received her letter on 7/23 (probably earlier than us since she lives in Europe).

But anyway, the point is that we both got in! Woohoo!! Go out and celebrate, z! :)

zzzc
07-29-2008, 11:21 AM
hey seaweed!! Ya, i've already planned to party all day :)

So the time frame cooresponds, because last time when i contacted them, they told me they will be making the decisions around 4th and 5th of july. So they probably like you said made their decisions around 08.07.2008.

Btw, your friend that received her letter, was it electronic like urs or the official letter?

seaweed9934
07-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Hey Z and Seaweed,

Congrats on getting in! Were you guys e-mailed earlier and told you were on the waitlist? or did you just get accepted right away? I applied for the 4 year MD, but I was told earlier this month that I was on a waitlist...

Hey S. Thanks for your wishes. :) I didn't get wait listed.

Like z said, I was waiting for the admissions letter since we were told that we'll receive it during the end of July. A college instructor encouraged me to send an email asking about my status, so I did and got a response with my acceptance letter in email form. My letter was dated 08.07.2008, so I guess that was about when you were told about the waiting list?

I'm planning on going to MUW for the 4-year M.D. program. In case you haven't done so already and you really want to get in MUW, you could try emailing or sending stuff that'll may sway their decision toward accepting you (ex. what you like about the school, research paper(s), clinical/volunteer experience etc., basically anything you can do to strengthen your application).

Good luck with getting in (maybe you'll be one of my classmates this coming academic year!)!! :)

seaweed9934
07-29-2008, 11:42 AM
hey seaweed!! Ya, i've already planned to party all day :)

So the time frame cooresponds, because last time when i contacted them, they told me they will be making the decisions around 4th and 5th of july. So they probably like you said made their decisions around 08.07.2008.

Btw, your friend that received her letter, was it electronic like urs or the official letter?

Hey z~ haha, that's good. You must have been really tense about this...time to relax for you! So just to make sure, you'll be attending MUW then? :)

Maybe they made their decisions during different days for 4 and 6-year or something. To be honest, I was a bit intimidated when I read threads made in the past before knowing that I got in. People who made posts in the past seem to have a very strong background (ex. work experience, higher education than college, etc.) and I wasn't sure if I was even comparable to them! The number of applicants for the 4-year M.D. program they accept each year also worried me. From the progression of postings about it, it seemed to have dropped from 30 to 20-25 accepted applicants. MUW certainly is hard to get in. I'm very grateful they gave us a chance to study medicine!! :)

I'm not 100% sure but it sounded like she got an actual letter.

zzzc
07-29-2008, 11:54 AM
hey seaweed!!! haha ya, first stop for the day, a nice restaurant and have lunch with parents LOL, after i post this :)

Regarding whether i'll be attending or not, i'm not sure yet, as i've been accepted to McGill University in canada, to a combined B.A. & Sc. program, and it's the best univ in canada right now, i'll have to talk this over with my parents, because they still want me to stay in canada and finish my undergrad here then apply to med schools. But im adventurous, so i want to get out of this place. :D But ya, 80-90% sure i'll be attending MUW.

Hmm, it sounds like they probably did make the decisions around different dates, but nothing to worry about now :) well, i was like you, i read a bit in the forums, and got scared a bit, by the fact that it was around 60 each year for 6y MD. But then i talked with my guidance counsellour and he told me i have a very big chance since it was grades only, and my grades are very good, so i was like, what the heck... i'll try it for fun :) But ya, the 4y MD, is VERY hard to get in, 20-25 spots, that's insane!!! And probably she did receive the actual letter, since it's europe haha... no Atlantic ocean to cross.

Gonna go have my lunch now, and you party hard toooo!!!! :)

seaweed9934
07-29-2008, 12:46 PM
hey seaweed!!! haha ya, first stop for the day, a nice restaurant and have lunch with parents LOL, after i post this :)

Regarding whether i'll be attending or not, i'm not sure yet, as i've been accepted to McGill University in canada, to a combined B.A. & Sc. program, and it's the best univ in canada right now, i'll have to talk this over with my parents, because they still want me to stay in canada and finish my undergrad here then apply to med schools. But im adventurous, so i want to get out of this place. :D But ya, 80-90% sure i'll be attending MUW.

Hmm, it sounds like they probably did make the decisions around different dates, but nothing to worry about now :) well, i was like you, i read a bit in the forums, and got scared a bit, by the fact that it was around 60 each year for 6y MD. But then i talked with my guidance counsellour and he told me i have a very big chance since it was grades only, and my grades are very good, so i was like, what the heck... i'll try it for fun :) But ya, the 4y MD, is VERY hard to get in, 20-25 spots, that's insane!!! And probably she did receive the actual letter, since it's europe haha... no Atlantic ocean to cross.

Gonna go have my lunch now, and you party hard toooo!!!! :)

Oh my goodness!! Congratulations on getting into McGill U.! I had a classmate in hs who went there and it was #1 uni. in Canada back then, too. If I were in your situation, I would be torn between the two schools! Yeah, definitely talk it over with your parents. Do you know anyone in a 6-year M.D. program and those at McGill U.? Maybe they could offer you some insights on what it's like and the pros/cons.

The 6-yr M.D. program at MUW is hard to get in, too, compared to the 6-yr M.D. programs at other med. schools! Good luck deciding between the two great schools~!! Let me know which one you decide on. ;)

S. Express
07-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Hey Z and Seaweed, thanks for responding to my post! Seaweed, when you e-mailed Ms. Remblienska did she e-mail you back the next day or did it take some time? I think I might call tomorrow morning...I didn't realize it was so competitive with only 20-25 places allocated for the 4 year MD degee

zzzc
07-29-2008, 02:18 PM
hey S! No problem! We are all in the same boat, have to help each other.

Btw, i just like to add that when i emailed Ms. Rembielinska before regarding application questions, the reply mails were pretty random, once was the next day, then 2 days, then again, off by almost a week. But i dont know about Seaweed's case though :)

But ya, do call them, because emails arent that good for communicating, so much wait time, and they are really friendly people. Especially in your case, you want to know everything you can about your current app. Btw, if you are going to call, do rmb, that there's a huge time difference, i'm in the eastern-time zone, so i always call before 10am, around 8 or 9, that ususally works.

Good luck!!!

and hey seaweed! I decided :) i'm going to warsaw once i get my official letter :) so probably see you there this september, even though we are in different programs haha, maybe we'll get to see each other in the hallways :D

seaweed9934
07-30-2008, 02:51 AM
Hey Z and Seaweed, thanks for responding to my post! Seaweed, when you e-mailed Ms. Remblienska did she e-mail you back the next day or did it take some time? I think I might call tomorrow morning...I didn't realize it was so competitive with only 20-25 places allocated for the 4 year MD degee

In my case, it started off with a couple days to wait for a reply (back in April/May and part of June), then she replied a lot faster for the later part of June and July. I haven't had a chance to call the office yet, but Ms. Remblienska is really nice. :)

Well, I guess we should all take note of the anonymousness of people on valuemd...two different accounts posted that they accept 20-25 applicants but as for the validity of whether it is true, only the Dean's office can verify. From the 4-yr M.D. program photo that the student gov. posted, there were only 19 in the photo, so I'm thinking that the likelihood of only 20-25 students in the program each year is high.

Good luck, S.!!!

seaweed9934
07-30-2008, 03:12 AM
hey S! No problem! We are all in the same boat, have to help each other.

Btw, i just like to add that when i emailed Ms. Rembielinska before regarding application questions, the reply mails were pretty random, once was the next day, then 2 days, then again, off by almost a week. But i dont know about Seaweed's case though :)

But ya, do call them, because emails arent that good for communicating, so much wait time, and they are really friendly people. Especially in your case, you want to know everything you can about your current app. Btw, if you are going to call, do rmb, that there's a huge time difference, i'm in the eastern-time zone, so i always call before 10am, around 8 or 9, that ususally works.

Good luck!!!

and hey seaweed! I decided :) i'm going to warsaw once i get my official letter :) so probably see you there this september, even though we are in different programs haha, maybe we'll get to see each other in the hallways :D

Hey z! That's awesome! :D Haha...I wanted to say, "Go to Warsaw! Go to Warsaw!" but I didn't want to make a bias statement since you were going to talk to your parents about it. Wow, yep, I'll be seeing you in September then! Hmm...do you have an email address or something that I can reach you at? It'll make contacting a lot easier than through valuemd. :) I'll send you mine through pm.

zzzc
07-30-2008, 12:54 PM
hey seaweed! yep, i've always wanted to go to another country for university, although the prospect of going straight to medical school in a different country is rather scary, i think if i work my *** off, i should have no problems surviving :)

and yep, i pmed u my contact info as well. so im just gonna sit here and wait for my official letter, probably will be here in another 1.5 weeks... If they did mail it as my friend told me 2-3 days ago.

S. Express
07-30-2008, 01:08 PM
Hey Seaweed! On the official letter (i.e. your electronic version) does it have a date where you have to accept or decline the offer of admissions? Thank alot!

seaweed9934
07-31-2008, 12:25 AM
hey seaweed! yep, i've always wanted to go to another country for university, although the prospect of going straight to medical school in a different country is rather scary, i think if i work my *** off, i should have no problems surviving :)

and yep, i pmed u my contact info as well. so im just gonna sit here and wait for my official letter, probably will be here in another 1.5 weeks... If they did mail it as my friend told me 2-3 days ago.

Hey z! Yeah, I'm sure you'll do just fine if you already have the ambition to work hard. ;)

A high school classmate of mine got in a 7-year M.D. program in Asia a couple years ago. I think he was a bit too confident about doing well in med. school and partied way too much. He repeated the 3rd yr again. We'll just have to avoid partying and other related stuff during the academic year!

I got your contact info.! Yeah, 1.5 weeks should be enough time. Meanwhile, relax a bit before med. school starts!!

seaweed9934
07-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Hey Seaweed! On the official letter (i.e. your electronic version) does it have a date where you have to accept or decline the offer of admissions? Thank alot!

Hi, S.! You're welcome!

Yes it does. It states on the admissions letter that you have to send them an official answer and wire the money transfer for the admission fee (350PLN) no later than August 15th.

The tuition (for the academic year 2008-2009) needs to be paid by September 15th (by money transfer).

Remember to send a copy of the bank receipt(s) in by fax to the Dean's Office Registry so that your name will be on their list for the M.D. program.

S. Express
07-31-2008, 08:24 AM
Hey Seaweed, I really appreciate all the info your giving me! I was just curious about the date because although I tried contacting the admissions office they have not responded so I assume I am still on the waitlist. I just wanted to know the date when the waitlist might potentially move. It would also be nice to know where exactly on the waitlist I stand. I'll try getting in contact with them again! Thanks everybody!

S. Express
07-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Hey Z and Seaweed, one more thing if you don't mind...when exactly is the start date of the school year for Warsaw? I tried looking on the website, but I could not find it. Thanks!

seaweed9934
07-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Hey Z and Seaweed, one more thing if you don't mind...when exactly is the start date of the school year for Warsaw? I tried looking on the website, but I could not find it. Thanks!

You're welcome, S. :) Who did you try contacting? If it's Ms. Kaczorowska, she's still on vacation until August 4th (Monday). Ms. Remblienska will be in the office until August 11th. Yeah, you can definitely ask them where you stand on the waiting list.

Orientation starts on September 28th. It's in the announcements section on the MUW student government website:

"Annoucements "NEW" 4/17/2008
For the Incoming Students - An orientation day will be held on the 28th of September. There will be a meeting with the Dean of English Division and Student Government. After that there will be a buss tour of some of the main buldings where students will have their classes. (Anatomicum, Histology, Biochemistry. Then the students will be transported to the Old Town where they will have some free time to discover the city."

I hope that you'll hear good news, S.!

S. Express
07-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Hey Z and Seaweed, can someone post a link to MUW student government website, I can't seem to find it. Thanks

zzzc
07-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Hey s.!

Here's the link to the website:

http://www.*************************.prv.pl/pl/001/

There are a lot of contact info in there that i didnt find before, but Seaweed pointed them out to me, very useful list.

Good luck!

Edit: wow ok... so lets try it another way
www. medical university of warsaw . prv. pl / pl / 001

with no spaces.

S. Express
07-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey Seaweed, I do not have a full organic chemistry. Now on the official website it doesn't necessarly list that as a requirement for the 4 year MD, however on the student government web site it does. Maybe this is a reason I was placed on the waitlist...do you have a full credit in it? Let me know what you think! Thanks

zzzc
07-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Hey S., I found out today that in my electronic registration account at the school's website, something new in polish with numbers (probably a bank account) and things came up, under the 'Applications' tab when you log into your account. Can you check to see if your account contains something similar to that as well? Thanks in advance!

seaweed9934
08-01-2008, 06:02 AM
Hey Seaweed, I do not have a full organic chemistry. Now on the official website it doesn't necessarly list that as a requirement for the 4 year MD, however on the student government web site it does. Maybe this is a reason I was placed on the waitlist...do you have a full credit in it? Let me know what you think! Thanks

Hey S., you're welcome. What do you mean by "full organic chemistry" (ex. only one semester of ochem with lab)? You're right about the slight differences between the requirements listed on the MUW website and the student gov.'s Did you send Ms. Remblienska your credits transferred into the 1200 hours they require? I believe that should be the only requirement.

I had intro. & intermed. organic chemistry for a total of 2 semesters and a summer (for lab).

S. Express
08-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Hey Z and Seaweed, I checked and my account does not have that new information. As for the organic chemistry, I just took it in the summer, but it was only a half credit i.e. one semester. However, I did send the 1200 hours so I think I meet the official requirements!

seaweed9934
08-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Hey Z and Seaweed, I checked and my account does not have that new information. As for the organic chemistry, I just took it in the summer, but it was only a half credit i.e. one semester. However, I did send the 1200 hours so I think I meet the official requirements!

Hey S. I think it would be unreasonable for them to wait list you if it's because the admissions requirements they follow are on the student gov.'s website. So it would only be fair if they evaluate you based on the 1200-hour requirement. Since you meet the requirements, I don't think you need to worry about your ochem credit.

Just keep in touch with the Dean's Office to see if there's anything new with your standing on the wait list. From past forum postings, I saw that there were people who said they got accepted in September (I'm assuming they were on the waiting list) and end up going to MUW. So don't lose hope, alright? Good luck!!

pauli
08-15-2008, 11:40 PM
It is almost the end of august and i still haven't received an email from Ms. Natasha Rembielinska and/or a acceptance/rejection letter by mail. Has anyone heard anything yet?

Savior
08-17-2008, 10:17 AM
It is almost the end of august and i still haven't received an email from Ms. Natasha Rembielinska and/or a acceptance/rejection letter by mail. Has anyone heard anything yet?

Hi,
Have you tried contacting the "registrars office" directly via phone?
Miss Jolanta 0048-225720 502
Miss Iwona 0048-225720 552

They might not be the ones in charge of the admission process, but def. should be able to help (especially miss Iwona since she shares a office with Ms. Rembielinska)

seaweed9934
08-20-2008, 12:24 AM

Hey Pauli. Try the contact list on the student gov. website:

Contact (http://www.*************************.prv.pl/pl/005/)
Contact Office hours:
Monday, Wednesday: 10.00 – 16.00
Tuesday, Thursday: 9.00 – 14.00
Friday – closed

Duty hours of the Deputy Dean for the English Division
Waldemar Koszewski, MD PhD
Monday, Wednesday: 14.00 – 16.00

Dean’s Office Staff
Head of the Dean`s Office
Jolanta Kaczorowska, MA,
Room 615
Phone: 22 5720502, fax: +48 22 5720 562,
e-mail: [email protected]

Natasza Rembielińska, MA – recruitment, pre-med year
Room 614
Phone: +48 22 5720 552,

Iwona Wideryńska, MA – I, II and III year of 6-year program
Room 614
Phone +48 22 5720 552,

Anna Lazurek, MA – IV, V and VI year of 6-year program
Room 617
Phone: +48 22 5720 617,

Anna Włodarczyk, MA – 4-year program
Room 617
Phone: +48 22 5720 503,
e-mail:[email protected]

Eternalstudent
06-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Does anybody know when they will notfy us of acceptance for 2009 entry? Will they send acceptances by snail mail, email, or both? I applied to the 4 year program and I was wondering when they make their discisions? I'm planning on emailing them mid july to ask about the status of my application. Waiting is so nerve wracking, they should seriously let us know within 2 weeks of finishing the application cycle since academics is the only thing they look at.

Also what's this 1200 hour requirement?? is it just a sort of pass/fail requirement or are you more competitive by having more hours?

FutureRuralMed1239
06-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Does anybody know when they will notfy us of acceptance for 2009 entry? Will they send acceptances by snail mail, email, or both? I applied to the 4 year program and I was wondering when they make their discisions? I'm planning on emailing them mid july to ask about the status of my application. Waiting is so nerve wracking, they should seriously let us know within 2 weeks of finishing the application cycle since academics is the only thing they look at.

Also what's this 1200 hour requirement?? is it just a sort of pass/fail requirement or are you more competitive by having more hours?

I would like to know this as well, along with how to figure it. I am doing my pre-reqs in like with Jag's criteria, and am wondering if that would work here too once I am done.

I currently have several levels of math for instance, but Calculus is not among them.

Eternalstudent
06-25-2009, 09:53 PM
I basically had to do the tedious task of looking into the transcripts looking up both the lab and lecture hours for the course in the academic calendar and multiplying each half course by 12 (weeks) and each full course by 24. I didn't count the weeks in december and april (midterms and finals). it was a very rough estimate but even so I had 2500 hours of class time / labs over 5 years. Anybody with a B.Sc should qualify for this requirement but I'd like to know if more hours = more better ;). I really need to get into a 4 year program otherwise my meducation will last a grand total of 11 years :faint:(residency doesn't count since I'll be getting paid :cool: )

Does anybody know when they will give me an answer? If I email them mid july will they be able to tell me then? I am going insane with all the uncertainty :twisted::twisted::twisted: I have a 3.72 GPA this year, deans honour list, and tons of upper year medical sciences courses in Anatomy, histology, physiology, cell bio, genetics, biochem, molecular bio ect, what do you guys think?? I grow closer to insanity with each passing day since it's almost July

zzzc
07-07-2009, 07:40 PM
dont sweat it! they make their decisions generally within 8th-9th of july till mid july, and you dont have to email them to find out any info, just call them, give ms natasha a call, if you are polite shes generally really polite back to you, and you can inquire about ur application status, although if you live in north america the REAL letter of acceptance will be a problem, cause i knew i got accepted mid july by calling last year, but my letter arrived 1st week of sept. cause their Poczta Polska is really bad at delivering letters... good luck though.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.