PDA

View Full Version : Alternative loan source?

jhf
07-15-2008, 06:17 AM
So while I was searching I ran across a company with Saba on their approved schools list and was curious if anyone has heard anything about them. The lender is, Internation Education Loan Inc.

I haven't contacted them and it looks like it might be a bit out of date. Figured I would ask around if anyone has heard of them first and to see if the school comes up with anything before I contacted them.

khann4
07-15-2008, 12:31 PM
hey i actually tried them by filling out a preliminary app but they said they arent processing any applications for Saba University, and they require a US co-signer, when i called SABA yesterday they said they should have their info out by next monday......

maserati
07-17-2008, 11:36 AM
hey i actually tried them by filling out a preliminary app but they said they arent processing any applications for Saba University, and they require a US co-signer, when i called SABA yesterday they said they should have their info out by next monday......

SABA has been saying " we should have more info in the next week or two "
since last November when I started calling for loan info.

Next thing you know ... " next week or two " turns into 9 months and they still haven't updated us on anything.

aspiringmedstudent
07-19-2008, 09:56 AM
They have released a letter yesterday (July 18) saying we have a new American private loan company - Ed-Invest. It's a credit-based program that allows you to borrow up to $15,000.

They say we can apply online by next week... Cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath ;)

It's great news, though.. I'm glad I can actually finish medical school now.

covarubious
07-19-2008, 10:42 AM
only thing is its only for american students... nothing for canadians so if you can't get the bank loc your screwed

They have released a letter yesterday (July 18) saying we have a new American private loan company - Ed-Invest. It's a credit-based program that allows you to borrow up to $15,000.

They say we can apply online by next week... Cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath ;)

Mike77
07-19-2008, 10:49 AM
damn.......

jhf
07-24-2008, 11:14 AM
oops, was already answered

mower1000
07-24-2008, 04:03 PM

Did the school say whether they would be releasing any more info on this new lender at that point? I would like to find out the history of this lender to get a feel for how viable it is.

aspiringmedstudent
07-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Well I got the letter on July 18. The letter _said_ they would release more information by the end of the following week, which is today... July 25. No word as of yet. I just called and (un)conveniently, no one at the finance office was available to talk. I'm not surprised.

Keep those fingers crossed.. Ugh.

Lovely786
09-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Hello guys, does anyone have information on loans available for student coming in, starting January 2009 from USA? Thanks I really appreciate your help... :)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.