PDA

View Full Version : Workout

myfavred
07-08-2008, 12:05 PM
What do you guys do for working out. How far are the gyms from school. Can you walk to the gym, is there any gym in school

rahulb
07-08-2008, 05:54 PM
there are a couple of gyms on the island. do a search and check them out. there's supposedly going to be a gym on the new campus but atm it still looks like afghanistan.
you could also run, swim, get a bike, chase goats, whatever

ph4ses
07-08-2008, 06:08 PM
chase goats, whatever

****...hahahaa
r u a comedian?

dwpegues
07-09-2008, 02:51 AM
are there tennis courts on the island? how about yoga? if there is yoga, does anyone know what kind? bikram?

myfavred
07-10-2008, 10:43 PM
there are a couple of gyms on the island. do a search and check them out. there's supposedly going to be a gym on the new campus but atm it still looks like afghanistan.
you could also run, swim, get a bike, chase goats, whatever

What about stray dogs. I would love to get a bike but I am scared of stray dogs. How bad is the situation?

Doctor_MD
07-11-2008, 12:13 AM
I just do laps around the building I live in. It's not too hot at night and there's a decent breeze. Also it's "gated", there is a security guard "on duty 24/7" and there are no stray dogs, so I feel relatively safe as well.

dwpegues
07-11-2008, 04:02 AM
stray dogs.... wow, sounds exciting.

DOC.p
07-11-2008, 06:27 AM
oh yeah, there are a lot of stray dogs, more so in st. johns than if you live in the boonies or just out of town

md12886
07-11-2008, 08:21 AM
2 gyms which are famous among students: National which is around 30-35 us per month (very basic equipments) and Sunsail which is 850 ec for 6 months (50 us per month). Sunsail is favourite among students as they have ac and more equipments in the gym. Besides that they have ymca which is free/less fee but dont count them as your ymca back in home.

dwpegues
07-11-2008, 02:30 PM
can you please elaborate more on the ymca? what do they have besides a gym with weights, etc? do they have tennis courts? sauna? joga classes?

ohmyliver
07-11-2008, 11:28 PM
2 gyms which are famous among students: National which is around 30-35 us per month (very basic equipments) and Sunsail which is 850 ec for 6 months (50 us per month). Sunsail is favourite among students as they have ac and more equipments in the gym. Besides that they have ymca which is free/less fee but dont count them as your ymca back in home.

what do you mean "very basic equipments" and "more equipments". have you ever been to national fitness because i dont think you have. last time i checked national has more equipment by far than sunsail, and is bigger, 2 floors bigger.
going just by the dumb bell racks, sunsail goes up to 80? national goes up to 120? how many treadmills/bikes does sunsail have? cause national has twice as more.

as for favorite gym among students...to each his/her own. if you need A/C go to sunsail hands down. you can still get a decent work out there no doubt about it.

dwpegues
07-12-2008, 05:39 AM
can somebody please tell me if there are tennis courts on the island, as well as yoga. if there is yoga, what form of yoga? does anyone know how much it costs to play tennis if such courts are available? also, if yoga is available, do anyone know how much it costs per lesson or per month?

thanks.

md12886
07-12-2008, 09:39 AM
I never been to national but always heard from friends who describe the place (so sorry if I quote wrong info). Sunsail does not have enough cardio machines, have ac though. in terms of tennis courts, There are couple of them which I saw on my way to college, but never had time to check them out...:)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.