PDA

View Full Version : Can you do all your rotations in another country and still get a us residency?

sias
07-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Am thinking of going to school in poland. Can I do all my clinicals in poland and stil lget a US residency?

sias
07-05-2008, 10:30 AM
anyone know?

gellerf
07-05-2008, 04:38 PM
You can do all your rotations in another country and get a residency but it is much harder. The thing is that when you do your rotations in the US, you make the connections to get the propper recomendation letters and more or less secure a residency. What happens is that the places you rotate will usually give you a residency if you want it there before considering somebody else. Therefore, it is to your advantage to do your rotations in the US.

sias
07-05-2008, 06:13 PM
how much harder is it to get a residency if you dont rotate in the us? (i'm thinking of going to lodz and would probably do my rotations there)

LeChiffre
07-06-2008, 03:47 PM
how much harder is it to get a residency if you dont rotate in the us? (i'm thinking of going to lodz and would probably do my rotations there)

You can potentially do all of your core rotations in the US if you go to Lodz. Search for posts by a user robinhoodfan; they've posted a link of places in the US where you can do core rotations with Lodz. I'd probably follow this course if you want better chances of a US residency. However, this is one of those iffy questions, as you'll find people on both ends of the spectrum (i.e. those who got residencies without spending a day within a US hospital versus those who didn't)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.