PDA

View Full Version : First semester of Pre-Med

sohis
07-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Hi,

I just got accepted for the Sep 2008 start for the premedical program in Aruba ASUM . Anyone interested in getting in touch, feel free. I don't really know anyone in Aruba so it would be nice to know especially if anyone is going from the Toronto Area.

Silus
07-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Hey, so unfortunately I'm not much of a use to you, seeing how I'm not going to this school...at least of yet. I can't find anywhere what the admission requirements are for getting into the premed program...is it simply references, etc?...i read that part but it said nothing about grades or MCAT or anything. Just confused. I was wondering how you got accepted. I'm from Detroit so, thought maybe you'd be better at telling me than these people on oldpremeds.com. They basically don't answer anything. I'm hoping having a Bachelor's in Nursing and having been an RN for two years helps haha. Thanks for the info if you've got a minute. If not, no worries. Who knows, maybe I'll make it there someday.

sohis
07-11-2008, 11:57 PM
you need a high school transcript, 2-3 very strong reference letters and you have to send a letter stating why you want to become a doctor. you do not need mcat for it. it's a program directed at high school graduates. you don't have to be fresh out of high school but you need to have at least completed it. although it sounds easy, it isnt that easy, but neither is it difficult. i think it may be a little late for this semester. but no harm in trying. I hope this is of some help. yeah i don't think this is a really friendly forum

AgentJaguar
07-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Hey sohis, I'm from Toronto as well and I actually considered going to All Saints a while back. But then I decided to take the MCAT and give UofT, Queens and McMaster a shot. I'm still in 4th year undergrad at UofT, so I'll be hoping to start med school Sept. 09 or 2010 the latest.

Best of luck.

Ps- If all my options fail, save me a seat in class;)

SwedenForTheWin
07-16-2008, 05:22 AM
Hi,

I just got accepted for the Sep 2008 start for the premedical program in Aruba ASUM . Anyone interested in getting in touch, feel free. I don't really know anyone in Aruba so it would be nice to know especially if anyone is going from the Toronto Area.

Sohis, you have a bachelor degree?

sohis
07-18-2008, 11:39 AM
no bachelor degree...it's not required if you are in pre-med program

SwedenForTheWin
07-18-2008, 02:01 PM
no bachelor degree...it's not required if you are in pre-med program

Then how are you going to work in the US?

siheg
07-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Bachalors is not required to be an MD in much of the US. (I think Conn. requires it) 90 credit hrs. is the law.

naweer
09-08-2008, 07:26 PM
thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.