PDA

View Full Version : Tuition fee

chiroworld
06-20-2008, 09:48 PM
how much does chiropractic school cost a year?:bored:

bookite
06-21-2008, 06:15 PM
looking at Life University the price for one quarter around $6,300 x 3 quarters a year $18,900 a year. for 14 quarters to obtain at degree of DC $88,200.

For Medical school you would pay about $135,000.

My suggestion would be to pay for the additional 50K and becoming a MD or go the DO route if you like manipulation. Your income potential is greater and long term satisfaction will be higher.

khiro
06-23-2008, 03:34 PM
this is a no-brainer type of decision. for the life of me, i can't think of a real reason to do chiropractic. there is no "advantage" of being a chiro. in fact, in most instances, it is a hinderance. i just read where a girl from my hometown graduated from osteo school (she was turned down or wait-listed from university of florida med school). she didnt sit and cry about for long, she went in another direction and is moving on. she was accepted into a high speciality residency. bookite is right...dont do chiro.

chiroworld
06-26-2008, 10:47 AM
I am old and money is matter to me! thinking about time and money..
it is very hard to be accepted into medical school so ppl are looking for the alternative direction.

I want to try foreign medical school, but money is holding my foot:confused:

hunteradam07
06-26-2008, 01:03 PM
it is very hard to be accepted into medical school so ppl are looking for the alternative direction.

Have you considered Philippines medical schools? There are many good programs there and tution ranging from 3,000-4,000/year. A stupid bachelor degree in US cost more per year than this. PI med school graduates can practice in any states as long as you pass your USMLE and residency. I did. You can find all the information you need under asian medical school forum. So Good luck and take a chance to be a real doctor for once, or you can always go spinal screen at the swapp-meet. It's your choice!

chiroworld
06-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Actually, I went to Philippine in April 5th to take a nmat test, and did take a nmat test, and then visited Fatima medical school.
I have not recieved the nmat results, I presume they,Center for measurement don't mail to me.. Anyway i have a receipt paper for nmat admission. What Should I do.
Should I go back to Fatima medical school starting class for Sep??
Fatima is corrupt I guess

chiroworld
06-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Actually, I went to Philippine in April 5th to take a nmat test, and did take a nmat test, and then visited Fatima medical school.
I have not recieved the nmat results, I presume they,Center for measurement don't mail to me.. Anyway i still have a receipt paper for nmat admission. What Should I do.
Should I go back to Fatima medical school starting class for Sep??
Fatima is corrupt I guess:confused:

Have you considered Philippines medical schools? There are many good programs there and tution ranging from 3,000-4,000/year. A stupid bachelor degree in US cost more per year than this. PI med school graduates can practice in any states as long as you pass your USMLE and residency. I did. You can find all the information you need under asian medical school forum. So Good luck and take a chance to be a real doctor for once, or you can always go spinal screen at the swapp-meet. It's your choice!

hunteradam07
06-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Business Figures: Fatima College of Medicine, Philippines
Fatima Business Breakdown:

I just graduate from Fatima, these are the real figures. Other school are better like UE, FEU, AUF and more….. fatima people are LIER, especially Josie.
Fatima is business not school.

Donation: $6,000
Per semester: $3,500 x 8= $28,000
Clinical fee if you do in USA: $5,000per 3 months (plus your tuition)
Graduation fee: $5,000
Hidden fee: $1,000

Remedial fee: 5000 peso per class (if you fail the class, mostly everyone fail)
If you attend remedial fail: $500 per major class, $300minor class
If you donot attend remedial: $1,000 per major class to pass, $600 for minor class

Room and Rent: $200 per month (around 7,500peso, prince range from 5,000peso to 9,000peso)
Electricity and water: $50 per month (around 2,000peso)
Internet: $25 per month (999peso)
Food cost depend on you I would say $200 per month

Government Fee:
Visa fee 1st time: $500 (20,000peso)
After every semester: $250 X6= $1,500 (9,500peso Fatima charge, if you do it alone around 7,000peso)

Everytime you leave Philippines: $100 (3000peso, airport tax)

This post is from FatimaFamily at Asian medical school forum!

MDTest
11-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Could some one please elaborate on what is "remedial fail"

2BANMD
12-24-2008, 01:30 AM

I assume you are a chiropractor; would that be right? I am also. I am giving some serious thought to Windsor in the Caribbean, myself.

Money is a very serious issue for me as well.

strollman
12-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Bookite, at Life University a year has 4 quaters not 3. Jan-april-July-oct

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.