PDA

View Full Version : Dental schools in Poland

coldeyes
06-03-2008, 04:03 AM
Hi all:

I would like to apply the Dental school in Poland this year. The choices are Lodz, Lublin, Wroclaw and Pomeranian. Could anyone have any suggestion or share experience about those four schools? Which one is better?(teaching professors, dental facilities, fail rate, administration staffs, dormitaries, environment, tuition fees...and so on)

Thanks a lot for your kind apply!

Best regards, Raymond

Nit1985
06-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Pomeranian has a dental program that just started recently. So it may not be a stable program. I dont know anyone studying at the other dental schools. What about Poznan? Their new dental school building is quite modern and their dental program is well established in comparison to the others.

StudentMed
06-03-2008, 10:19 PM
from what i heard.. Studying dentistry outside of canada if you want to practice here is a VERY VERY bad idea...I heard that they make it impossible to get into the system... but ake it for what it;s worth..

Nit1985
06-04-2008, 11:59 AM
From what I know, its not impossible. If you complete 5 years dentistry from Poznan (just an example), then you have to do 2 more years at some Canadian Institute. These 2 extra years are a must if you plan on to practice in Canada. So in total, 7 years, which is quite long though. Btw I've heard that ca.10-15% of the dentists practicing in Canada, are foreign trained.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.