PDA

View Full Version : iuhs in india....ueims ...facts..!!

ex_ueims_iuhs
04-03-2004, 10:45 AM
Ueims – iuhs ….facts

I don’t know much about the iuhs, but I can give u a first hand description of its partner in India , UEIMS .
because I wasted many days and money In it…

1. ueims is a big scam
2. it is just a rented building in vytilla junction , cochin. India and nobody knows about such a med school
functioning. I found it very difficult to locate the college for the first time……too small
3. the management promised us to open a hospital by dec of 2003.but then they dropped it.
Now clinics are offered in Nepal.and only god knows is there anything in nepal.
4. the faculty is too small for a school. The distribution is like phy = 2 , anatomy = 0 biochem = 1
patho = 2 micro = 0 pharm =1 radiology=1 med=1 .thats it…and a few non-qualified juniors…
( compare it with other colleges in India where each subject is having more than 8 faculty. Funny isn’t …..)
5. library is two stacks of books and a third stack which they call reference...
6. almost all the students has left the school.
7. even though iuhs does not believe in labs , ueims has gone forward by providing a single room ,
which they call basic medical sciences laboratory...in which i could find only a pregnant lady and
a little equipment inside it.
8. we were assured of dummies for dissection at the admission time...but none was there.
9. they initially had some college in palghat , a place in kerala, India.. but it was closed down…
it was also under iuhs.
10. school in cochin is in an endangered species now….it may be closed at any time.
11. The entire med school consists of just 2 class rooms,one laboratory ,one internet room and a room
which they call library and also a administrative wing and a bare faculty room.
12. school in cochin is functioning without permission of government of India… and now it is election time ….
so ueims is safe for some more time , since the govt is busy…
13. in the beginning they said it is a real college , but now they r admitting that it is only a study centre.
14. in the starting , they had many good faculty , but all left ….realising the management.
15. the entire thing is in perfect disorder… nobody is in charge and nobody is responsible …..
16. only thing good is the net connection… we can download music and chat a lot….
17. they got some technical schools also in india , which r in single rooms of some shopping complexes..
imagine the standard…..
they r ready to do anything for money….UEIMS IS A BIG SCAM.
I am posting this because I don’t want anyone else to do the same mistake I did..and I assure u all …
ALL MY STATEMENTS ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Any clarifications can be obtained from me throuhg valuemd.com
all these makes me think iuhs will also be a big scam...else they wont let a substandard school to function as its centre.

Kuwaituser
04-04-2004, 04:51 AM
What is the fee that they charged you when you joined and why did you drop out. Are there any students still studying in Cochin.

Gummas
05-05-2004, 09:01 PM
As has appeared elsewhere on the ValueMD forum, the High Court of Kerala, India, banned the IUHS parent company, Universal Empire Institute of Medical Science (UEIMS), from recruiting medical students in India during the fall of 2003. In January 2004, that ban was overruled in the Indian High Court.

On March 30, 2004, another appeal was filed by the Indian Medical Association asking the High Court to reinstate the ban on Universal Empire accepting Indian students into the IUHS-UEIMS program based in India. This suggests that the fate of the UEIMS-IUHS relationship is still uncertain in India.

While the IUHS program through UEIMS in India is up in the air again, none of this has any impact on the IUHS campus on St. Kitts or IUHS operations on the island or its distance-learning program for the basic sciences.

The online link for the latest appeal is in the newspaper The Hindu, online at http://www.hindu.com/2004/03/31/stories/2004033107000400.htm

If this link fails to work, just run "Universal Empire" and "Medical Council" in a Google search and look for the article in the March 31 issue of The Hindu Online. There links are sometimes unreliable.

ex_ueims_iuhs
05-13-2004, 11:41 AM
to dear kuwaituser.... dont you think all those reasons stated by me is enough to leave that thing which they call a medical college.

i paid around 40,000 us dollars.

around 20 students r left there when i leaves.

monty29
10-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Dear ex_ueims_iuhs,
But now UEIMS gets green signal from High Court of Kerala for running medical school. then what is the risk in taking admission in UEIMS .

diogenes
10-19-2005, 02:12 PM
I don't know exactly what the Kerala High Court's latest ruling said, but it can't be that helpful. The UEIMS website states in no less than 3 separate places that: "The course/degree is not recognized by medical council of India / UGC and the students are considered as foreign medical graduates. The Registration in India will be subject to the licensing requirements of the medical council of India/ UGC which includes screening Test for foreign medical graduates." Have they been allowed to recruit in India only on condition that they pepper their promotion with these legal caveats?
In any case, this is still of little comfort to students of UEIMS who have recently posted here wanting to know what their chances of getting licensed in the U.S. are.

vtrain
12-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Do you have to be east indian to go to this school?

azskeptic
12-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Do you have to be east indian to go to this school? This is the kind of email I don't understand. You read that the school is not recognized by India and you still want to go? Are there not other approved schools in the region? I am just curious: it amazes me to see this.

studueims
12-21-2005, 07:49 AM
Dear friends,

The information narrated about UEIMS, conducting training for IUHS MBBS is totally distorted and written with ulterior motives. The student who left was compelled to do so since he could not adjust with the Indian living in Cochin and also the discipline enforced by the academicians in the Indian traditional way. The campus of UEIMS is its own and in a very large premises near Cochin University. The litigation filed by the Indian Dental Association and Indian Medical Association ( not any statutory and regulatory bodies like MCI or DCI) was dismissed by the Hon’ble High Court of Kerala. They had questioned the legality of foreign medical education in India, which was decided by the High Court in favour of UEIMS. For your information several foreign universities have started medical programs in India now, that too when the higher education scenario is opening up internationally.

UEIMS STUDENTS

Carmen
12-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Somehow I doubt that you are an UEIMS student. Also, how do you know anything about this student? Perhaps IUHS administration is trying to do some "damage control".

Give it up!

azskeptic
12-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Somehow I doubt that you are an UEIMS student. Also, how do you know anything about this student? Perhaps IUHS administration is trying to do some "damage control".

Give it up! check with the Indian medical board

http://www.iamra.com/iamra.asp

InterestedMedStudent
01-06-2006, 12:43 AM
The campus of UEIMS is its own and in a very large premises near Cochin University.

Total lie. "campus" is in the middle of a junction. It is garbage and is like 4 levels, each the size of a small one story house.

Carmen
01-06-2006, 08:06 AM
Total lie. "campus" is in the middle of a junction. It is garbage and is like 4 levels, each the size of a small one story house.

Did you go to see the campus yourself? This definitely proves that the writer in "favour" of UEIMS is an IUHS administrator. What they forget is that the first amendment allows people to tell the truth.

Carmen

saviour
12-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Dear friends,

The information narrated about UEIMS, conducting training for IUHS MBBS is totally distorted and written with ulterior motives. The student who left was compelled to do so since he could not adjust with the Indian living in Cochin and also the discipline enforced by the academicians in the Indian traditional way. The campus of UEIMS is its own and in a very large premises near Cochin University. The litigation filed by the Indian Dental Association and Indian Medical Association ( not any statutory and regulatory bodies like MCI or DCI) was dismissed by the Hon’ble High Court of Kerala. They had questioned the legality of foreign medical education in India, which was decided by the High Court in favour of UEIMS. For your information several foreign universities have started medical programs in India now, that too when the higher education scenario is opening up internationally.

UEIMS STUDENTS

User can't play nice.

saviour
12-15-2008, 09:12 PM
did you go to see the campus yourself? This definitely proves that the writer in "favour" of ueims is an iuhs administrator. What they forget is that the first amendment allows people to tell the truth.

Carmen

yaa man theres no campus and we were ashamed of telling that we were a student of ueims.....near cochin university large campus>>>>>>phoooooooooooiyeeeeeeeee....all lie yaarrr all pakka liee...they are doin some thing to brainwash people eyes like conducting international conference and bringing it in papers so that people will think ohh ueims is something big...i bet sudhir gopi will never let his children take a degree from his own college...i mean ueims....if he is to make his children a doctor defintely he will want to send his children to otehr good school..

saviour
12-17-2008, 07:55 PM
user can't play nice.

guyssss do u really know basic sciences...do u think that ueims students have the same knowledge as an indian medical student??????answer to this question and then u will know

SteedRider
09-27-2009, 04:27 PM
guyssss do u really know basic sciences...do u think that ueims students have the same knowledge as an indian medical student??????answer to this question and then u will know

I am a student of UEIMS , Dubai , and I must tell you that there is no problem with UEIMS Dubai or Cochin whatsoever . Mr Savior , I do know my basic sciences and I do think , in fact I know that I am on the same level of knowledge as an Indian student that has just graduated from a traditional college . If UEIMS Cochin had all these problems , why is it that they have multiple graduates doing their internship in various parts of the globe ?

And Carmen , although technically we do not have the first amendment anywhere this side of the world the last time I checked :rolleyes:, I could still ask the same of you ! Maybe you are a disgruntled ex employee of IUHS or UEIMS and you are just out to specifically target students who have only good things to say about the above mentioned instituitions . And hold it , before you say something , I am not part of the IUHS municipal brigade , cleaning up a mess .

azskeptic
09-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Where is your school listed on the IMED list for UAE?

https://imed.faimer.org/results.asp?country=916&school=&currpage=1&cname=UNITED+ARAB+EMIRATES&city=&region=ME&rname=Middle+East&psize=25

TriageModerator
09-28-2009, 04:00 PM
I am a student of UEIMS , Dubai , and I must tell you that there is no problem with UEIMS Dubai or Cochin whatsoever . Mr Savior , I do know my basic sciences and I do think , in fact I know that I am on the same level of knowledge as an Indian student that has just graduated from a traditional college . If UEIMS Cochin had all these problems , why is it that they have multiple graduates doing their internship in various parts of the globe ?

And Carmen , although technically we do not have the first amendment anywhere this side of the world the last time I checked :rolleyes:, I could still ask the same of you ! Maybe you are a disgruntled ex employee of IUHS or UEIMS and you are just out to specifically target students who have only good things to say about the above mentioned instituitions . And hold it , before you say something , I am not part of the IUHS municipal brigade , cleaning up a mess .

May I ask which countries?

C35
12-14-2009, 03:21 PM
I dont know why this thread even exists considering that the only ''standardized'' med school education in India is overlooked by the MCI. Keeping in mind the particular situation, the only ''exception'' here is AUA's Manipal program which is NOT recognized by the MCI and is a 'foreign med college', which I've heard to be worse than sub par according to the Indian, and MCI standards. (I'm enrolled in another MCI (+IMED) recognized school in India , and have friends enrolled in Manipal), in this particular case, whatever the OP has described seems credible because there have been several incidents where students have been ''scammed'' into enrolling into such programs that guaranteed / assured US licensing. The better question here would be, how many local Indian students are currently enrolled into the program, and what are their Grade 12 grades were. Anyone who thinks they are capable of Med school in India will surely know to differentiate between such schools and schools that are recognized by the MCI.

saviour
01-21-2010, 09:08 PM
well i really bet u doesnt know the meaning of what is the real 'basic science ' is and what the term basic science means..okk i really have sympathy and i extend my great emotions for ur understanding ... i wish u all the sucess for being an "indian doctor"

aparnareddy
01-22-2010, 05:37 AM
yes it is like scam................. don't go there...............please.............otherwise u will spoil ur life & wast ur time.

Ueims – iuhs ….facts

I don’t know much about the iuhs, but I can give u a first hand description of its partner in India , UEIMS .
because I wasted many days and money In it…

1. ueims is a big scam
2. it is just a rented building in vytilla junction , cochin. India and nobody knows about such a med school
functioning. I found it very difficult to locate the college for the first time……too small
3. the management promised us to open a hospital by dec of 2003.but then they dropped it.
Now clinics are offered in Nepal.and only god knows is there anything in nepal.
4. the faculty is too small for a school. The distribution is like phy = 2 , anatomy = 0 biochem = 1
patho = 2 micro = 0 pharm =1 radiology=1 med=1 .thats it…and a few non-qualified juniors…
( compare it with other colleges in India where each subject is having more than 8 faculty. Funny isn’t …..)
5. library is two stacks of books and a third stack which they call reference...
6. almost all the students has left the school.
7. even though iuhs does not believe in labs , ueims has gone forward by providing a single room ,
which they call basic medical sciences laboratory...in which i could find only a pregnant lady and
a little equipment inside it.
8. we were assured of dummies for dissection at the admission time...but none was there.
9. they initially had some college in palghat , a place in kerala, India.. but it was closed down…
it was also under iuhs.
10. school in cochin is in an endangered species now….it may be closed at any time.
11. The entire med school consists of just 2 class rooms,one laboratory ,one internet room and a room
which they call library and also a administrative wing and a bare faculty room.
12. school in cochin is functioning without permission of government of India… and now it is election time ….
so ueims is safe for some more time , since the govt is busy…
13. in the beginning they said it is a real college , but now they r admitting that it is only a study centre.
14. in the starting , they had many good faculty , but all left ….realising the management.
15. the entire thing is in perfect disorder… nobody is in charge and nobody is responsible …..
16. only thing good is the net connection… we can download music and chat a lot….
17. they got some technical schools also in india , which r in single rooms of some shopping complexes..
imagine the standard…..
they r ready to do anything for money….UEIMS IS A BIG SCAM.
I am posting this because I don’t want anyone else to do the same mistake I did..and I assure u all …
ALL MY STATEMENTS ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Any clarifications can be obtained from me throuhg valuemd.com
all these makes me think iuhs will also be a big scam...else they wont let a substandard school to function as its centre.

grad_student
03-14-2010, 01:09 PM
ueims graduates have been denied registration in india. a court case is on to settle the matter. join only after consulting with licensing authorities of your country.

k_patter
03-25-2010, 12:27 PM
I too heard that it is a scam

amazdoc
02-05-2011, 02:54 AM
did you ever get your money back from them?

Coprolalia
02-06-2011, 10:44 AM
This school is a scam? They have licensed doctors all over the USA, thats a great scam if they can do that. The scam is really India. They buy the USMLE and give it too their students and they get 99s yet, when they come to the USA they can barely speak english or write english.

Check new york and Flordia if you want to see some IUHS doctors.

mabarisiddiqui
02-07-2011, 01:43 AM
im sorry if i hurt some1..... it was just a call of sympathy towards you guys.. i didnt mean to offend any1.. i like u all.. n u have been great. i know wut u r going thru.. remember after night there is day.. ur night is going to end soon.. hope u all pass the MCI EXAMS. all the best
bari

Antony
06-21-2011, 12:54 AM
Can u pl give information abt d judgment
of supreme court of india about the provisional registration of UEIMS students of indian campus???????? It was due in June 11...... V r much worried about our fate....

grad_student
10-17-2011, 03:00 PM
This school is a scam? They have licensed doctors all over the USA, thats a great scam if they can do that. The scam is really India. They buy the USMLE and give it too their students and they get 99s yet, when they come to the USA they can barely speak english or write english.

Check new york and Flordia if you want to see some IUHS doctors.

"..buy the USMLE and give it to their students.."!!!! Umm..i'm not sure its possible to "buy" the USMLE. Besides, you have to pass the IELTS before u get anywhere, unless 'they' have been "buying" the IELTS too...

Anyway, lets make it clear. UEIMS turned out to be a scam but IUHS has been ok so far. Our exams were conducted without a hitch(atleast in the case of my batch), we've got our transcripts from them & even now students contact them for information or for documents & they have been forthcoming.

The UEIMS court case is still on. Its back in the Kerala High court. Supreme court has urged the high court to pass judjement by the end of the year. I'm not sure if that means we will have a final judgement by december or not.We'll have to wait & see.

The owner,Sudhir Gopi, shut down all their colleges in the UAE leaving all the students in the lurch. There are fraud cases against him in the uae. He also claimed bankruptcy so the ongoing case in India is being paid for by the students themselves.

Dr.Za
10-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Hello everyone;
I'm a graduate of the IUHS and it really hurt me when i read all these lies which are being spread about them...
first of all and before answering the losers who r trying to distort the image of the university simply coz they couldn't make it and pass their tough exams and high standard teaching...i cannot speak on behalf of the cochin college coz i haven't attended classes there nor have i seen the place befor, but when u r simply accusing the whole IUHS university and damaging its reputation without considering other students who r studying there now or the ones who could make it through and succeed as good doctors then this is really unfair and u should seriously hold it up to this point and keep ur mouth shut coz what u r saying is not the truth at least not the full version of it..
enough blabbing now and let me tell u some of the real facts that r written in papers and can be proved to the entire world.. if the IUHS wasn't a good university it wouldn't produce any good and competitive doctor to the real world, isn't it not? and this is how people normally measure the strength and the weakness in any university, by how good and competitive its production is..

so i will tell u about some of the examples that i know of the products of IUHS:
-my brother who was graduated last year and applied for the Canadian system and was approved for it got 94 in the first Canadian exam MCCEE and from the first attempt, which is quite competitive for canadians medical students themselves and he is preparing now for the second exam MCCQE1 to apply for residency afterword .
-I have been accepted to the Arab Board program in Internal Medicine, which is super competitive and only little number of students from very big University ames could actually be accepted..
-one of my classmates are doing surgery residency in South Africa and she is very successful there..
-one of my seniors has finished all the 3 steps of the USMLE and was accepted into Internal Medicine Residency Program in US.
-another one of my seniors were accepted in the Arab board program for Emergency Medicine which is also highly competitive..
-one of my batch mates got 99 in USMLE step1...another got a high mark in the Australian exam and he is preparing to apply for the Australian system.
those are all graduates of IUHS and are just the few of them whom am still in contact with..

so please if u couldn't succeed in one university doesn't make it a bad university or a scam...and u don't have the right to destroy its image in this way forgetting that there r other people who finished from there and are doing well in there career life ,which will be affected by the spread of such an offending rumors to public..

leaving it all to ur wise judgement and realistic thinking..
Thanks...

DAVEPREETHAM
11-18-2011, 02:14 AM
hi everyone,
people out there.........dont belive this one person's testimony.... ueims is a scam..... i state again UEIMS universal empire institute of medical science is a scam... and as for dr.za who is a doctor. it is pathetic that he doesnt understand that we mentioned ueims and not IUHS. hello dr.za there are so many people in tears here ok..... so many of us depresed and hurt.... and you keep saying canada and africa. we all are waiting for the hearing from the court. if your university is such good one producing doctors and surgeons, then why cant they intervene and get the verdict. you know what??? IUHS got the damn money and now doesnt care if we are recognised or not.....

ok now lets consider that dr.za is the best who has graduated from IUHS or UEIMS..... he is very kind so let all graduates from UEIMS give their resumes and degree certificates to dr.za. im sure that he is kind enough to get us into something worth provided all students are willing to bear their own expenses. dr.za's friends are working and some have even cleared their exams.... so dr.za will prove that iuhs is worth and will be useful to us.....

dr.za,, it is our right to express our feeling... you have no rights.. we are the ones affected and theres nothing you can do about it. this is the fact we are the suferrers. so please shut the fuck up.

DAVEPREETHAM
11-18-2011, 02:15 AM
no body knows man... we just have to wait on god for his answers.. we did our best we could........take care..have faith....

sngb240
11-21-2011, 05:25 PM
I sent you a private message. Did you get it? I was thinking of attending IUHS and wanted to contact you.
You can contact me here.
Thanks.
sngb240

Hello everyone;
I'm a graduate of the IUHS and it really hurt me when i read all these lies which are being spread about them...
first of all and before answering the losers who r trying to distort the image of the university simply coz they couldn't make it and pass their tough exams and high standard teaching...i cannot speak on behalf of the cochin college coz i haven't attended classes there nor have i seen the place befor, but when u r simply accusing the whole IUHS university and damaging its reputation without considering other students who r studying there now or the ones who could make it through and succeed as good doctors then this is really unfair and u should seriously hold it up to this point and keep ur mouth shut coz what u r saying is not the truth at least not the full version of it..
enough blabbing now and let me tell u some of the real facts that r written in papers and can be proved to the entire world.. if the IUHS wasn't a good university it wouldn't produce any good and competitive doctor to the real world, isn't it not? and this is how people normally measure the strength and the weakness in any university, by how good and competitive its production is..

so i will tell u about some of the examples that i know of the products of IUHS:
-my brother who was graduated last year and applied for the Canadian system and was approved for it got 94 in the first Canadian exam MCCEE and from the first attempt, which is quite competitive for canadians medical students themselves and he is preparing now for the second exam MCCQE1 to apply for residency afterword .
-I have been accepted to the Arab Board program in Internal Medicine, which is super competitive and only little number of students from very big University ames could actually be accepted..
-one of my classmates are doing surgery residency in South Africa and she is very successful there..
-one of my seniors has finished all the 3 steps of the USMLE and was accepted into Internal Medicine Residency Program in US.
-another one of my seniors were accepted in the Arab board program for Emergency Medicine which is also highly competitive..
-one of my batch mates got 99 in USMLE step1...another got a high mark in the Australian exam and he is preparing to apply for the Australian system.
those are all graduates of IUHS and are just the few of them whom am still in contact with..

so please if u couldn't succeed in one university doesn't make it a bad university or a scam...and u don't have the right to destroy its image in this way forgetting that there r other people who finished from there and are doing well in there career life ,which will be affected by the spread of such an offending rumors to public..

leaving it all to ur wise judgement and realistic thinking..
Thanks...

Antony
12-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Hi, what's news about Kerala High Court case status of IUHS Vs MCI? It is due..........Pl post the same............

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.