PDA

View Full Version : Question to those US students in Polish schools

MartyBlank
05-18-2008, 06:54 PM
I am trying to get some feedback into how the US students are doing, how they feel about their decision to attend a school in Poland, and what the US students demos are.

That is, what are the average age of the US students in Poland.

I am 38, and this is a career change. My wife is from Poland, she has family there, so the cost will be affordable and the transition won't be that difficult for me.

Still. It is a foreign country, and I have to give up some comforts.

Looking for some feedback.

Thank you!!

MB

devildoc8404
05-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Yep, you will be older than your student cohort... in some cases by a lot.

Who cares? If you want it, go after it.

Good luck (from another old dude making a significant career change)...

Narcan
05-19-2008, 02:48 AM
I was 40 when I started.

Powel6016
05-19-2008, 05:21 AM
I'm 21, but there are much older people in my year, 1 is 30ish, i'm in the 3rd year of the 6 year md

brittany2241
05-19-2008, 05:31 AM
I am 21 and hoping to start this fall in the 6 yr program

MartyBlank
05-19-2008, 07:42 AM
I have this decision down to Jag and IUHS.

Which, I know sounds incredibly crazy, but there are many reasons.

In order to complete this career switch, I certainly need the family to be on board. IUHS, while very risky..very very very risky, allows me to complete the basic sciences without transplanting the family.

Jag would give me the chance to live with the inlaws.

Thanks again for the responses.

MB

hcg1234
05-19-2008, 07:55 AM
I highly recommend AGAINST attending the IUHS program. I clearly know what you mean risky(multiple times). I have seen and heard of this program before. I DO NOT at all endorse. Honest opinion. I know that only Jagellonian as of 2007 was approved for licensure in the state of California, which is strict in their judgement of approval for giving licenses to foreign graduates based on the curriculum and education requirements that must meet california's approval. Please go to the list of schools approved by California's official webpage to confirm my response, which also clearly states in paratheses---including the English program. California make a Clear note of this. Most people are reluctant to agree that even if you attend a polish medical program that teaches in english, they think that they are approved for california because their school is listed on the website. But the clarity comes in when, California states---including the english program. I strongly urge you to strictly consider Jagellonian. They are well known, not only in Poland but also in the US if you ever come across a Polish doctor that will someday work with you. Krakow is a beautiful and modern city as compared to the location of IUHS. You have the added positive of your family near there. IUHS is not well reputable. Please do not consider them at all. My opinion---but I encourage IUHS students/graduates to contradict me. Good luck on your choice---I wish I had gone there myself---I regretted where I was---and I studied in Poland

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.