PDA

View Full Version : chiropractic schools in the united states

dimbarry
05-16-2008, 09:51 PM
What are the top ten best chiropractic schools in the united states? plz reply me I want to join ...now

chartero
05-16-2008, 10:16 PM
There are only seventeen chiropractic schools in the U.S. altogether (http://www.cce-usa.org/members.php). Asking which are the top ten best is also asking which are the seven worst. An answer will almost necessarily be subjective and arbitrary, and even experts in chiropractic education will be reluctant to make these calls.

You have to about what qualities are important to you, about what would make a chiropractic college best for you.

morganparkar
05-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Before you become a chiropractor, check out what is going on in the industry.

And here is univsource dot com find it...

khiro
05-21-2008, 03:09 PM
as a current practicing chiro i can offer some advice: you better think long and hard (as you should for any other profession) before jumping into chiro. if you have more specific questions you may pm me or post in the forum.

longchode
06-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Palmer in Davenport Iowa is tops!!!

hunteradam07
06-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Before you become a chiropractor, check out what is going on in the industry.

And here is univsource dot com find it...
I check out the website you had on ur post. I jz want to ask one simple question: Why do/does chiropractors (especially the guy on the website) wear scrub? I thought chiropractic is non-invasive, so why do u need the scrub for, if not try to disguise as real Doctor! Even my dentist doesnt wear scrub and he deals with much more blood and gore than any DC.

Phospholipid
06-17-2008, 10:35 PM
There are only seventeen chiropractic schools in the U.S. altogether (http://www.cce-usa.org/members.php). Asking which are the top ten best is also asking which are the seven worst. An answer will almost necessarily be subjective and arbitrary, and even experts in chiropractic education will be reluctant to make these calls.

You have to about what qualities are important to you, about what would make a chiropractic college best for you.

if there are only 17 schools in the US, how are there so many of DCs around the US and an oversupply of them? everywhere i go, i see a beat down chiropractor office

chartero
06-18-2008, 01:16 AM
Well, "only" seventeen relative to a question seeking the "best" ten.

khiro
06-18-2008, 12:38 PM
why so many dcs? simply put b/c of demand in the 80s. when ins. companies started paying dcs, the chiro colleges took notice and increased class sizes as much as possible. the only limitation was how many chairs could you pull into a lecture hall. like some of your current carribean med schools. the educational entrance requirements were minimal. the requirements were pretty much same as your carribean med schools, absent the all important entrance test mcat. the difference between chiro students and med students? avg gpa in the science courses are lower for most chiro students. the number of practicing chiros should fall. the college enrollments are way down from their heydays. that should help those that stay but it will only be temporary b/c of the threat (reality) of insurance cuts and alternative treatments (orthos, general docs,). good companies recognize and strategically exit a declining industry.

chartero
06-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Physical therapy, where they're moving to a first-professional Doctor of Physical Therapy requirement, is an alternative to consider. But I'd kind of worry about the same overbuilding khiro describes in chiropractic, except that with physio it's an avenue for expansion and revenue growth for comprehensive colleges and universities, where almost all chiropractic schools are freestanding.

captainsniz
10-16-2008, 01:44 PM
I concur with the majority opinion here.

The profession of Chiropractic is on a down sloping trend line. The schools are rife with internal battles within the profession itself (ie: Straight vs Mixer). There is little respect out in the healthcare industry for Chiropractic professionals.

If your heart is set on the profession of Chiropractic than I wish you good luck. Between schools. I guess you should first decide if you would like to be more holistic or physical therapy based. Then approach the decision of school based upon these factors. ie: Life University or Sherman vs NYCC or National. Hope that helps.

CARICOM-MED
10-16-2008, 02:02 PM
There was a DC in my class, who went to National College, he scored the highest in the USMLE, and was the VD of our class, apparently it is one of the top science based Chiro college.
http://www.nuhs.edu/ (http://www.nuhs.edu/)

Personally PTs and DCs are doing ok, most are into sports injuries etc...but, with regards to supply demand issues, MD / DO is the way to go....

Have you considered a career in Medicine or DO ???
As a DO you learn some DC concepts like Manipulation etc....AND have a broader scope in all states....
About Osteopathy:
http://www.aacom.org/Pages/default.aspx

Cheers ;)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.