PDA

View Full Version : UJ and Poznan agent?

mylssexm
05-13-2008, 12:59 AM
For those students at UJ and Poznan, did you guys apply through an agent?
Does applying through an agent give you better chance of being accepted?

Any advice will be appreciated. :)

devildoc8404
05-13-2008, 01:48 AM
Do not use an agent, it is a HUGE waste of money.

Applying to Jag is especially easy, since they don't even charge an application fee... just a 200 Euro fee to hold your seat if selected. Allow me to demonstrate:

Step One
Look on the Jag website to ascertain what paperwork you need to send in, and get these items together.

Step Two
Put the application materials together in an envelope. Address the envelope.

Step Three
Take the envelope to the post office and send it. The school will contact you with further information/interviews/etc.

THAT'S IT! You just saved yourself five grand. (Or heck, you can send it to me, if it's burning a hole in your pocket. Either way.) ;)

bckwood
05-13-2008, 02:50 AM
For those students at UJ and Poznan, did you guys apply through an agent?
Does applying through an agent give you better chance of being accepted?

Any advice will be appreciated. :)

NY office for Poznan is an Agent, but has a nicer title. They are worthless.

Narcan
05-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Yeah agree NY office is worthless, but not really an agent like the other places.

bckwood
05-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah agree NY office is worthless, but not really an agent like the other places.

How are they not an agent? Don't they get a cut of the money for getting people to go to this school?

Narcan
05-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Yeah but they are not on the level of the other agents. I could really care less anymore anyway, leaving here in 15 days.

mylssexm
05-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the replies from you all.

How do you guys find them useless? Where can I find other agents? I haven't decided whether I will use an agent or not. I am just collecting infomation.

Is it true that it's easier to get in if I apply through an agent?

One of friends lodged his application through the admission office in Taiwan, and he easily got accepted into the 4 year MD by Poznan. He didn't even finish his bachelor degree when he got in. His GPA was way lower than mine, and he didn't take MCAT either.

Thanks in advance.

Narcan
05-16-2008, 02:53 AM
I guess you could say the Taiwan office is an agent also.

whoops
05-21-2008, 12:30 PM
re: He didn't even finish his bachelor degree

Not sure why this surprises you. Many American schools also accept students who have not finished their bachelors degree, based on their GPA in certain classes and MCAT scores.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.