PDA

View Full Version : Is my girlfriend able to come with me to Xavier

drogomir
05-01-2008, 02:45 AM
I am applying to Xavier for September 2008 and i was wondering, if i got accepted, if my girlfriend would be able to come with me. We live together and have two kids together. Also if she is able to, will she be able to work there?

drogomir
05-18-2008, 03:55 AM
i can't believe i have not had one response. I need help here guys. There is my girlfiend of 5.5 years , a 1 year old daughter and a 4 year old daughter, that i would like to see grow up and would not want to leave them for 5 years. i however want to go to school to get my MD degree. I'm in a tough situation here.

futuredoctor'swife
05-18-2008, 06:12 PM
I don't see the reason why you should be separated from your family.I am married , and I had no problems coming here with my husband who is a xavier student.We were never asked a marriage certificate not in the airport, not at school.
She'll probably have a health insurance through you, but I don't think it's worth 60 dollars per month, with the rate rising each semester, medicine is pretty cheap here.And, no she won't be able to work, but she'll have plenty of time to spend with kids and enjoy the beach:D.

drogomir
05-19-2008, 01:14 AM
Thank you for the response. It's well appreciated and shines some light on my situation.:D

drogomir
05-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Do you know if there is any english speaking schools where my kids can attend?

futuredoctor'swife
05-19-2008, 10:29 AM
No, I don't,Home school is the best choice, it seems.
Why 5 years? Make sure you do your premed in the States, and not on the island.

drogomir
05-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Thank you. I'll be coming from Canada. I was planning to do the premed courses on the Island.

kryptik
05-20-2008, 01:55 PM
unless there are very strong reasons dont do your premed on the island

drogomir
05-22-2008, 10:59 AM
I had planned to the premed because my academics scores weren't that great in university and because i've been out of school for a long period. Why is it so terrible to do the premed on the island?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.