PDA

View Full Version : Canhelp

maserati
04-25-2008, 03:48 PM
is CANHELP still available for canadian students?

Articulate
04-25-2008, 06:52 PM
llol No Teri, No canhelp.

Unfortunately no! in fact you cannot see the application form on the website anymore. check it out

tpw2k
04-25-2008, 07:09 PM
situation sucks, hopefully teri works out its problems and starts offering loans again or school finds new solution. I believe if you were pre-approved you will still receive the money but im not entirely sure on that.

maserati
04-26-2008, 04:58 PM
soooo for those canadians who can't get a co-signer for RBC, what do we do?

what are the alternatives

Articulate
04-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Direct assistance programme.

Mike77
04-28-2008, 12:20 PM
as in normal canadian student loans that give you up to 75k including your undergraduate?

:roll:

Unless I rob a bank,I dont see that covering med school.

What about BMO? they have a med student line of credit.

Greenman09
05-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Is it time to collect one's losses or can we continue and hope for the school to pull a miracle down the road. I am not entirely sure what the situation will be in a year from now, but it would seem clear that if there are no more options available, in terms of loans, then lots of student's will be screwed. I'd hate to continue paying tuitions and half-way through find myself with no school to go to because they can't fund clinicals or faculty or whatever. For those students who are on Teri loans, i mean how could they pay back the loans they took out, without first finishing the program. This just seems totally unfair that a lender would bail out halfway and expect the student to payback, just my 2 cents!!!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.