PDA

View Full Version : MDs going to Chrio school?

bookite
04-18-2008, 10:34 PM
So while back on the island of SXM for graduation I ran into a Chiro who was there on vacation. When I told him I was a Chrio and now back on the island to graduate as a MD. He looked at me with surprise and told me he reads all the time in the chrio mags how MDs are getting fed up with medicine going back to chrio school.:roll:

I know only one MD (from the Philippians) who went into chiro because he couldn't pass the USMLE. That would be the only reason I could think of for an MD to go to chiro school.

Why would a MD go to Chiropractic school?:shock::confused:

While I enjoyed going to chiro school and enjoyed some aspects of practice I can't see myself giving up all the work I put into becoming a MD and going back to spinal screenings, working with PI attorneys and seeing the same patient three times a week.:rolleyes:

BTW: The national average for a DC is 75K where the low end of medicine is 120k.

DRDR2U
04-20-2008, 12:21 AM
So while back on the island of SXM for graduation I ran into a Chiro who was there on vacation. When I told him I was a Chrio and now back on the island to graduate as a MD. He looked at me with surprise and told me he reads all the time in the chrio mags how MDs are getting fed up with medicine going back to chrio school.:roll:

I know only one MD (from the Philippians) who went into chiro because he couldn't pass the USMLE. That would be the only reason I could think of for an MD to go to chiro school.

While I enjoyed going to chiro school and enjoyed some aspects of practice I can't see myself giving up all the work I put into becoming a MD and going back to spinal screenings, working with PI attorneys and seeing the same patient three times a week.:rolleyes:

BTW: The national average for a DC is 75K where the low end of medicine is 120k.
agree all around guy was jealous

hunteradam07
04-20-2008, 01:44 AM
Or he jz lying to you. Dont be so shock that a chiro would lie to you! That is the norm! How do u think they trick pt in to signning up for 20 yrs adjustment package ahhaha!

eastern2western
04-20-2008, 02:33 AM

all md credits are transferable in chiro schools, but chiro credits are not accepted in md schools. It is a smart thing to do md first then chiro because it just saves a lot of time.

khiro
04-21-2008, 10:13 AM
bookite; you know that i am still in private practice as a dc, so i read all of those "chiro mags" and i can assure you it is extremely rare for an md to go to chiro school and then to let his md "go by the side" while he practices chiro would be insane! ok maybe some hippie md wants a "natural" practice, or doesn't want to follow pts in the hospital setting, etc...regardless of the reasons it is rare for this to happen. your stats for the avg chiro is right; what you didnt mention is that for the southeast u.s. our chiro income has been falling; i cant comment on other parts of the country. you did the right thing in going md; and this guy was just too blind or too proud to admit it.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.