PDA

View Full Version : which med school is better, poznan, gdansk, lodz or Jag??

pinksunbeam
03-30-2008, 10:43 AM
hi, i'm so confused about which med school to apply to...i would like to hear back from any current or past students of these schools. thanks

hcg1234
03-31-2008, 09:07 PM
The best polish school I strongly recommend is Jagellonian. They are the number one school in Poland. They are approved by the state of California for Licensure including the English program. Which means Jagellonian's education system meets California's standards. Jagellonian is the only school so far to receive this distinction since 2007. Krakow is a BEAUTIFUL city. I cannot stress that enough. Most of the locals speak english which is comforting. How do I know this?? Because I've been there multiple times and some of my friends attended the university there and did really well on the USMLEs. I dont know about Poznan or Gdansk because I didn't go to those schools. I used to go to Lodz. For Goodness Sake, Do NOT go there. BAD EDUCATION(they DONT teach you medicine well and on top of that they DONT teach like a US medical school even though(AIM(alliance institute of medicine/MUL)Medical university of Lodz) claim on their website that they are based on a "US curriculum;" the city is ugly and dirty. You don't feel like you are in a city because there's hardly any buildings taller than 10-20 stories. I've seen taller and more beautiful city outlines even in Poznan and wroclaw and Lublin. I've visited these cities during my time here. The locals hardly speak english and it's a very depressing looking city overall. My Strong advice do NOT go to Lodz. DO NOT believe what AIM/MUL tells you. They don't tell the whole truth about the program and the city. Good luck in your decision.

Check out the thread entitled: Polish medical school ranks.
Click on the website posted by Kluver B

To clarify, this is for the POLISH medical program ranking. I have NOT heard of a ENGLISH medical program ranking of polish medical schools. Although like I said earlier, my friends went to Jagellonian and they were very happy with it and did really well on the USMLEs.

pinksunbeam
04-01-2008, 04:27 PM
thank you for your info very much appreciated :)

Dental Girl
04-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Hello,

Does your knowledge of lodz applies to the medical program or the entire school in general? I am thinking of applying there to dental school and would really like to know as I have not sent it as yet.

Thanks.

The best polish school I strongly recommend is Jagellonian. They are the number one school in Poland. They are approved by the state of California for Licensure including the English program. Which means Jagellonian's education system meets California's standards. Jagellonian is the only school so far to receive this distinction since 2007. Krakow is a BEAUTIFUL city. I cannot stress that enough. Most of the locals speak english which is comforting. How do I know this?? Because I've been there multiple times and some of my friends attended the university there and did really well on the USMLEs. I dont know about Poznan or Gdansk because I didn't go to those schools. I used to go to Lodz. For Goodness Sake, Do NOT go there. BAD EDUCATION(they DONT teach you medicine well and on top of that they DONT teach like a US medical school even though(AIM(alliance institute of medicine/MUL)Medical university of Lodz) claim on their website that they are based on a "US curriculum;" the city is ugly and dirty. You don't feel like you are in a city because there's hardly any buildings taller than 10-20 stories. I've seen taller and more beautiful city outlines even in Poznan and wroclaw and Lublin. I've visited these cities during my time here. The locals hardly speak english and it's a very depressing looking city overall. My Strong advice do NOT go to Lodz. DO NOT believe what AIM/MUL tells you. They don't tell the whole truth about the program and the city. Good luck in your decision.

Check out the thread entitled: Polish medical school ranks.
Click on the website posted by Kluver B

To clarify, this is for the POLISH medical program ranking. I have NOT heard of a ENGLISH medical program ranking of polish medical schools. Although like I said earlier, my friends went to Jagellonian and they were very happy with it and did really well on the USMLEs.

hcg1234
04-05-2008, 10:35 AM
As I tried to make it clear, it is for the medical program. I do not anything about dentistry rules and regulations. I have heard that the dentistry program is also brand new. Maybe 3yrs old. However, I would suggest that you compete for dentistry if you are from the US. I am not sure about the dentistry program at MUL, which offers the dentistry program. Like I said, the city is dirty and nasty. You don't feel like you are in a "second largest city." I have seen other cities in Poland that are much more beautiful than Lodz. Good luck on your search for the dentistry program as I do not know much about it but I would estimate the same level educational problems that I have faced in the medical program. Ciao

devildoc8404
04-12-2008, 12:59 AM
This is a really tough question for anyone to answer, because most people only attend one medical school! The best you can hope for are unavoidably-biased opinions from people who have attended each institution, and then try to make sense of all of the (possibly contradictory) information. I would certainly recommend visiting any program you are considering before signing on, regardless.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.