PDA

View Full Version : Starting in August. Looking for preferred roomies!

shadyhtown
03-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Hey guys. I'm starting SGU this August. Since we're allowed to pick preferred roomies to dorm with, I wanted to get to know a couple folks in advance. I'm Indian (living in US) so I prefer Indo-Pak roomies. :)

whatupdoc???
03-27-2008, 01:17 AM
would you happen to know when the deadline for this is by any chance?

DWB
03-27-2008, 02:04 PM
it would prob help if you could tell us if u were male or female and where you are from etc...

Vanillaroma
03-27-2008, 02:17 PM
would you happen to know when the deadline for this is by any chance?

If I remember correctly the deadline is july 15th for roomate selection. It should be in the welcome packet if you have gotten one.

multigrain23
03-27-2008, 09:02 PM
I'd be interested as I fit the bill (Indian-American, f)... but I don't plan on starting until January. So I don't think it would work for you. But maybe in the future. Coming from my state there are so few Indian-Americans, that it seems like a big thing for me to actually find one. But since it seems over 20% or so of SGU's students are Indian, I think you will have a variety of people to choose from. It will probably be really different for me, as where I live there are like 1% of the population South Asians.... so 20-25% will be very different. I'm still wondering if any South Asian vegans exist... we'll see. Anyways, it's nice this forum exists for getting to know people.

DWB
03-27-2008, 09:30 PM
gonna love living with south asians again... went from 25% to 0.1% and now hopefully back to 25% :P

love diversity.

shadyhtown
03-28-2008, 06:43 AM
Oh I'm male by the way. Grew up in the Middle East, and currently living in Houston. I'm also Muslim.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.