PDA

View Full Version : Asum Aruba Current And Former Students

Beachdoctor
03-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Hello everyone , I am interested in info about this school from "Current and Former" students only , it just seems like there are a few threads here n there about the school and even they were last answered months ago and most threads lead directly to the Dominica campus so I figured this might start a discussion from them about Asum Aruba .........thanks

drdgs2012
04-14-2010, 11:33 AM
ust some feedback. I went to ASUM in Aruba for all basic sciences and passed USMLE step I with an 89. One of my friends at ASUM passed with a 99. I'm in clinicals now in a hospital in Texas and in my 4th year applying for residency. Most of my classmates are doing the majority of their clinicals in Baltimore, where I will do a couple rotations. There are well organized clinicals in a few US cities that are available to us. Other ASUM students that I know have matched residencies that I have met.

The school was pretty good and the management is easy to deal with. Overall, I really don't have any complaints. There are good profs and some that aren't great (kinda like undergrad). The clinicals are excellent and flexible with scheduling.

Sajeet1
04-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Hey check out my website SohiMD.com I am a ASUM student in clinicals in baltimore.. gonna be done in december.

halifaxMD
07-30-2010, 07:28 PM
fun run for Phish

drdgs2012
09-28-2010, 11:44 AM
check out AIMS - Association of International Medical Students . It's a good association to join if interested in trying to publish acedemically before residency. It has some discounts for things you might need during clinicals as well. You can google "AIMS Association of International Medical Students" or go to "medstudentweb.net"

MD121
10-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Any suggestions about textbooks? Did you guys use them? A particular review book that helped the most? Where to obtain them? Thanks!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.