PDA

View Full Version : STEP 2 CS and CK

aechev
03-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for studying for STEP 2 CS and CK?
Thanks

whats_up_doc
03-22-2008, 06:32 PM
first aid for cs and usmleworld and kaplan for ck.

aechev
03-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Thank you!

Gigi25
03-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Just got my passing grade for the step 2 CS today!!!!!!!!!! I actually ran out of time on 2 patients ( they talked a lot and u definitely should not interupt). I used the First aid and went through the mini cases twice. I kept forgeting to advise my standardized patients to quit smoking, so I thought for sure I failed!!! But luckily I passed. Any specific q's? I would be happy to answer them, just pm. Good luck all...

gigi

whats_up_doc
03-27-2008, 08:14 AM
congrats Gigi

Gigi25
04-03-2008, 02:54 AM
thank you :)

saints17
04-28-2008, 10:22 AM
I keep hearing the main study materials you need for CK is usmle world and Kaplan lecture notes. Good luck!!!

saints17
04-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Congrats Gigi! How long do you suggest to study for CS?

asm64x
05-02-2008, 12:16 PM
I am a accepted student for KMCIC. Can somebody please explain me what is Kaplan doing here? That would clarify what I am thinking, thanks.

I keep hearing the main study materials you need for CK is usmle world and Kaplan lecture notes. Good luck!!!

value499
11-14-2008, 02:37 PM
If you have time then certainly use USMLE World and a review book, don't use too many though, most of the information comes from doing questions anyway. If you're crunched for time, I recommend using CRUSH, it's an excellent quick review guide and I had questions from that material. Also, if you can't use or don't have time for USMLE world, do Kaplan QBook! Gluck to you all!

jesrmagna
12-08-2008, 09:32 PM
i have not taken step 2 yet but i heard that UWorld is the most important source for questions, and that kaplan notes should be read during the rotations. but i'll go out on a limb and say that the more questions, the better! that strategy really worked for step 1!

aechev
04-08-2009, 01:43 PM
I took and passed Step 2 CS in February. You need the 1st Aide book for CS and someone to practice the cases with. I found it easier to practice with someone who had already taken the exam. If anyone has any questions, please PM me.

sbpeer
07-23-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm studying for Step 2 right now, and have heard alot of good things about Crush Step 2. It's put together alot better than First Aid, and makes for an easier read.

Arkie, M.D.
07-23-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm making my first pass through Crush Step 2 right now. Will report back when I finish. I've also heard good things about Step Up to Medicine and Boards&Wards--also heard FA for CS is mandatory for that component of Step 2.

Huskies
07-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Anybody selling step 2 ck kaplan lecture notes? If so, PM me.

gooddboy10
08-17-2010, 10:06 AM
For cs first aid and practice with partner most imp

gooddboy10
08-17-2010, 10:07 AM
for step 2 ck UW,kaplan lecture notes.... few have said master the boards for step 3

gooddboy10
08-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Does any one have first hand experience with crush step 2 or secrets

dovely
07-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Hey Gigi,
I know 2008 was a long time but congrats anyway. I am taking my CS in few weeks and I am also practicing with a friend. I was wondering if you can please answer some questions. The question I have is I tend to look into my scrap paper a lot to write things down will that count against me because of the eye contact issue? I tend to run out of time for the complicated cases because I do a detailed ROS what should I do to always be on time? When is the time I should be hearing 5 more minutes? during my HPI summary? during Physical exam? Which center did you do yours at? What should my closure sound like? I have a standardize closure that sounds like this;

This concludes my physical exam, thank you for allowing me to examine you Mr Joe. From what you've told me and also from my physical exam there could be couple of things responsible for the symptoms you have. it could be ------------, another possibility is ----------However before I can give you a definite diagnosis, I will like to perform such test such as blood tests, an X-ray picture of your---------. When this result comes back I will be happy to sit with you to tell you our next step. In the mean time, I will strongly recommend that you quit smoking and drinking because it is associated with a lot of diseases etc. I will also advice you to practice safe sex by using condoms to avoid STD and unwanted pregnancies. We have a good social service department here that can assist you with transportation. Do you have any questions for me?

I know it sounds long but I use it depending on what the patient comes with. How does it sound?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.