PDA

View Full Version : Postgrad or undergrad?

immunoglobulin
03-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi all

Really glad i found this forum through the web, hope i can get some advice!

I'm a Singaporean and i'll be doing my degree in biological sciences in a Singapore university next year. I hoping to become a doctor in the future, so i'm planning to read medicine at a postgrad level after completing my degree.

But i'm also looking at the choice of reading undergrad medicine program. I'm looking at university of western Australia and UNSW. I've a good diploma in biomedical sciences awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore. So what are my chances of entering either of these two universities at a undergrad level?

Another question, should i pursue a postgrad mbbs or undergrad mbbs?

Thanks a lot and looking forward to your advices!

stevesim89
05-27-2008, 08:48 AM
when you say diploma in biomedical sciences do you B.SC from a university or a community college degree. if it is a bachelor's degree then there is no point in doing the undergrad medicine for you will be wasting time and money on extra 2 (or 1) years. if you are trying to pursue the postgrad route, australian schools require you to have a full bachelor's degree.

im not sure of your grades but just as a side note, UNSW is one of the toughest medical program in australia to get into.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.