PDA

View Full Version : Clinicals: UnAnswered Questions ????

DRIVEN
03-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Hello to All,

It has been said that a student could potential complete all of their clinical rotations in Atlanta, Chicago, and/or Illinois (to name a few), however no one has clear stated the the clinical sites specifically (in Atlanta for example) that the school is associated with and whether those sites are ACGME approved?

So if we are to do our rotations in Georgia, the school would be affiliated with one of the programs I have listed below? Because all other programs in Georgia are currently not ACGME reviewed/approved, from my understand of the website.

I am truly confused? What sites specifically are associated with the University and are they ACGME approved?

I have visited https://www.acgme.org/adspublic/ and the only sites that are approved by ACGME are:

In Atlanta, Georgia.... Atlanta Medical Center, Emory Univ School Of Med, Morehouse School of Med

In Fort Gordon, Georgia.... Dwight ***** Eisenhower Army Med Center,

In Macon, Georgia ..... Medical Center of Central Georgia

In Augusta, Georgia .... Medical College of Georgia

In Columbus, Georgia ... The Medical Center Inc

DRIVEN
03-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Hello to All,

It has been said that a student could potential complete all of their clinical rotations in Atlanta, Chicago, and/or Illinois (to name a few), however no one has clear stated the the clinical sites specifically (in Atlanta for example) that the school is associated with and whether those sites are ACGME approved?

So if we are to do our rotations in Georgia, the school would be affiliated with one of the programs I have listed below? Because all other programs in Georgia are currently not ACGME reviewed/approved, from my understand of the website.

I am truly confused? What sites specifically are associated with the University and are they ACGME approved?

I have visited https://www.acgme.org/adspublic/ and the only sites that are approved by ACGME are:

In Atlanta, Georgia.... Atlanta Medical Center, Emory Univ School Of Med, Morehouse School of Med

In Fort Gordon, Georgia.... Dwight ***** Eisenhower Army Med Center,

In Macon, Georgia ..... Medical Center of Central Georgia

In Augusta, Georgia .... Medical College of Georgia

In Columbus, Georgia ... The Medical Center Inc

jameslynton
03-07-2008, 04:21 PM
There are more sites in Georgia that are greenbook - you have to look under each sponsor - for example - Emory has 15 hospitals under the green book wing like Crawford Long - Grady and the Dekalb medical system. They also have ER rooms and Doc in box places also for family medicine. The Wellstar system has over 40 locations - with two major hospitals and practices in it. All these are greenbook. Xavier is associated with a grad medical practice business. You have to do the leg work to make sure to get the clinical rotations are green and get the paper work done.

sreec
03-07-2008, 05:13 PM
The practice of not discussing the accreditation of clinical sites or not publishing a list of clinical sites is far too common in the Caribbean. Before you start at any rotation that you think is accredited, find out who it is accredited through and verify it yourself at ACGME Accredited Program and Institutional Listing - Public Access (http://www.acgme.org/adspublic).

Several schools (and the website of Jackson Park Hospital) have a habit of lying about Jackson Park Hospital being ACGME-accredited for "anything but family medicine."

My signature has more information on how to check the accreditation of hospitals that are affiliated with accredited programs.

DRIVEN
03-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Thanks for responding; so basically one can attend Xavier and take part in ACGME rotations, that is along as one is willing to do the "leg" work to assure the school assigns you to such sites.

thanks

WPW
03-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks for responding; so basically one can attend Xavier and take part in ACGME rotations, that is along as one is willing to do the "leg" work to assure the school assigns you to such sites.

thanks

yes what usually happens is, that the doctors your assigned to usually have private practice, but each doctor is "affiliated" with a certain hospital. So when you go back and look yeah it makes it "ACGME" accredited just for the techinical purposes but i mean its not like ur always in the hopsital or anything like that.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.