PDA

View Full Version : Flights and Living

pappy
02-19-2008, 01:56 PM
I live in the central U.S. and was planning on coming down and checking out the school...what are the best flight days and/or airlines one should be looking at??

In addition, where do most people live at? Are there accommodations close to the school? Are they safe? Etc.

Thanks for the heads up.

khsyed
02-20-2008, 05:32 PM
there's no best flight days.. everyone just comes in a day or 2 before classes start. and find the cheapest ticket u can find? everyone lives everywhere? i mean people live everywhere its not a very big island u can get around easily, and yes; in most cases its a safe island but u just have to stay sharp thats it!

best of luck and study hard!

eskimo2008
10-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Can I add that the island is mostly safe unless you are the one going out looking for trouble..... ?!

grettalancaster
11-26-2008, 07:38 AM
Can I add that the island is mostly safe unless you are the one going out looking for trouble..... ?!

Well, that is not completely true. Some students have had issues at their own places of residence. Unfortunately, students are often targets on many islands, and the same holds true for Bonaire.

atlanticvioxx
02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Well, that is not completely true. Some students have had issues at their own places of residence. Unfortunately, students are often targets on many islands, and the same holds true for Bonaire.

I taught at SJSM in 04, and the worst crimes I heard of were 2 bicycle thefts. The island is safer than 90% of American cities. Also, of all the islands on valuemd, Bonaire is probably the safest

Nianlou
10-21-2009, 08:41 AM
TIP:

Don't leave values in plain site, even if you have iron bars in the window someone can FISH it trought the window. For the rest it's safe. Not much crime.

newstudent123
12-10-2009, 12:28 PM
anyone knows where can we get free pdf files of books, otherwise i will have to buy my books before i get on the island.
thanks

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.