PDA

View Full Version : Network54 Main Forum Page 9

Hanson
02-15-2003, 04:28 PM
Agree but Disagree
by ResearchingGuy (Login ResearchingGuy)
Forum Moderator

I agree that some folks overemphasize whether or not a school is approved by NY or California. Many people have no intention of practicing in either state.

Still, approval by either of those states is something of a benchmark and could be considered a measure of the quality of education you may receive from a school.

I disagree about licensure and residency in California. You cannot be licensed or secure a residency in California if you do not attend a school that is approved by their medical licensing board. You cannot receive a license by reciprocity in California once you are licensed in another jurisdiction unless you go through your entire medical curriculum and graduate from a school approved by the state. There are no short cuts or back doors as far as they are concerned.

That said, you can practice in a Federal Government facility (VA hospital, Indian Health Service, etc.) anywhere in the US as long as you are licensed to practice in any US jurisdiction. Of course, you cannot practice outside that setting unless you are licensed in the jurisdiction in which it lies.

See previous posts on this forum by Pat Park, Foreign Medical School Liasion for the California Medical Licensing Board. Better yet, give her a call (you can get the number from their web site) and she will answer your questions about California.

Best of Luck!

Posted on Jun 10, 2002, 9:25 PM
from IP address 66.56.16.5

Sorry for the misinformation!
by Geeta Chainani (Login geetsny)
Forum Moderator

I am sorry for getting the CA thing wrong. From what I read in their laws there is nothing that says that they will not approve you unless you go to a school that is pre-approved by them. It just says that once you have finished your residency and medical education than you can apply and each applicant will be judged individualy.

Thanks for the update!

California law
by Pat Park (no login)

Perhaps you confused the laws of some other state with California's laws. Nothing in California law states that applicants will be "judged individually" after they complete their medical education and residency training, regardless of whether they attended a medical school that isn't recognized by the California Board. On the contrary, California's licensing laws consistently reference the term "approved" medical school and define an "approved" medical school as one that is LCME-accredited (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico) or approved by the Medical Board of California. I guess I didn't make this clear enough in our e-mail communications in May. If you wish to practice in California in the family because of close family ties, please be sure that you attend a medical school that is approved by this Board.

Pat Park, Foreign Schools Liaison, Medical Board of California

Posted on Jun 13, 2002, 5:53 PM
from IP address 165.235.24.2

What about MUA students? Can they be licensed in NY?
by MUA (no login)

What states can they not be licensed....and how is the CA licensure approval going for MUA?

Posted on Jun 12, 2002, 12:21 PM
from IP address 205.214.204.209

Not true for Calif.
by Pat Park (no login)

I'm sorry, but what the administrator posted does NOT apply to licensure in California. California law does not permit approval of medical schools that offer non-resident online instruction and grant credit for chiropractic basic sciences. Passing the USMLE is only one of the requirements for licensure. Attending and graduating from a Medical Board-approved medical school is requirement #1. If you don't satisfy that requirement, it wouldn't matter if you scored 100% on USMLE Steps 1, 2 and 3. For the most current, accurate information regarding state licensure laws, please consult medical board employees in the states in which you would like to train or qualify for licensure.

Pat Park, Foreign Schools Liaison, Medical Board of California

Posted on Jun 13, 2002, 5:42 PM
from IP address 165.235.24.2

we'll see
by paolo (no login)

there is a guy on the antigua forum that has a lawyer looking into these silly rules, and I am sure that a little "legal pursuasion" will change the minds of your board. like it or not, soon you will accept DC's that got advanced standing and studied on line, for licensure!

Posted on Jun 14, 2002, 4:34 AM
from IP address 12.148.43.8

pass it on
by rrod (no login)

whatever you are smoking that has caused you to heve those delusions must be some good shhit! face it there is no easy way to practice medicine. there are many great chiros out there and they do a lot of good work in their field but if you want to go beyond that scope of practice why don't you pressure your association to stop the metaphysical garbage, hold on to some true science and increase the things you can do! otherwise if you want to practice go to med school like the rest of us! even if it's in the carib. oh and by the way just because you have a lawyer "looking into it" means absolutely nothing! any lawyer would LOVE to take on a winless hopeless case like this because they can take your money on a long term basis! have fun paying back all those loans with the work you will be able to do as a graduate from an online school, just make sure the toilet is nice and clean in the ER.

Posted on Jun 14, 2002, 3:16 PM
from IP address 128.248.196.129

Not good
by zocolo (Login zocolo)

Why are you directly making such statements to a state medical board? Pat Park, Foreign Schools Liason of the MBC, is doing us a service by addressing our concerns (Thank you Ms. Park!). Are you trying to condemn Antigua grads? You are placing a lot of faith in someone who may not even pursue "legal persuasion" beyond discovery. If I recall correctly, Antigua has had problems with CA before. Besides, should you be contemplating supposed litigation with a state agency that has access to virtually infinite resources and is operating within state law?

Posted on Jun 15, 2002, 4:22 AM
from IP address 64.175.111.203

chicken little
by Say hello to HEALTH (no login)

careful the sky is falling.
there is a new horizon in america: the horizon of LOVE and NATURAL HEALING
chiropractors channel the LIFE FORCE and allow the body to heal itself of ALL DISEASE instantaeously with no poison pills
magic potions
toxic tonics
insane immunizations
and gama death beams

the consumer and the suffering of the world needs pure spine health and a healthy LIFE FORCE and we will begin infiltrating the ranks of the MD establishment to change the world for the better.

Posted on Jun 15, 2002, 6:14 AM
from IP address 68.60.212.48

Re: chicken little
by Anonymous (no login)

Listen I am a DC and will you go back under the rock you came from. It is your type that ruin the reputation of Chiropractic Physicians all around the world. Chiropractic Medicine is a Profession, not a religion you fool and Chiropractors are Physicians who practice Chiropractic. See what Dr. Sid has done to Life U. It is a discrace. You'll never make it through Medical school with this attitute.

Grow UP!!!!!!

Posted on Jun 15, 2002, 11:15 AM
from IP address 65.35.16.19

This is not Star Wars
by zocolo (Login zocolo)

The Force? Please explain how love and natural healing replace proven allopathic methods. Here's a scenario for you.....A 48 year old female comes into your office complaining of a "bump" in the upper, outer portion of her left breast. She recently noticed it when she performed a self examination. The physical exam reveals a 4 cm non mobile and non tender mass. You also notice some retraction of the nipple and no nipple discharge. The patient reveals that her mother died of breast CA around the same age. After drawing blood for a CBC and Chem 7, your nurse asks if the patient needs to be scheduled for a mammogram and the patient inquires if she needs Nolvadex like her friend with a similar condition. Your nurse also asks if an FNA biopsy needs to be set up and if she should notify the pathologist for an incoming specimen. Please demonstrate how you would manage this case without gamma death beams and poison pills. Will you tell her that you love her and that nature will take its course? What if you're having a bad day and cannot adequately channel the Force? Does this have an effect on treatment outcomes?

Posted on Jun 15, 2002, 2:27 PM
from IP address 66.123.52.72

failures
by Love, Miracles, Life (no login)

the problem with your pill pusher philosophy is that your woman should have never had cancer.

all the toxic tonics and insane immunizations pushed by the untrained MD let her Life Force go astray.
with regular spinal health you will not get cancer.
she obviously neglected her spine, probably after listening to silly pill pushers like you and neglected her LIFE FORCE.
she will be completely CURED of her cancer if the channels her LIFE FORCE at once with heavy doses of LOVE and proper therapy from a natural chiropractic physician that treats the WHOLE PERSON and not some silly biopsy.

slather her with 100% FULL LOVE POWER, and then reload and shoot her again and again and again, until she is HEALED.

Posted on Jun 16, 2002, 4:54 AM

Life Force with Common Sense!
by Anonymous (no login)

You are a misguided soul my friend. I do believe in the principle of what you are saying. The intangibles in healing are to be taken advantage of and the body does heal itself if given the right environment, but when limitations of matter come into play, we must integrate our knowledge and use common sense. I studied under one of the most foremost leaders in the Chiropractic only crowd only to see him drop dead of a heart attack. Believe me he had he Life force turned on with the best care available. You see my friend, he had advanced heart disease and most likely high blood pressure which was never monitered or followed through.

Genetics also plays a factor in cancer and many other other diseases. Diet and nutrition along with emotional issues are other factors. We do need less invasive drugs and surgery, but lets not throw out the baby with the bath water.

Chiropractors need to be Integrative Physicians, versed in all areas of healing and not just manipualtion. We need to be team players with our MD colleagues. Views like yours, put the patients at jeapordy and only alienate us all from working together.

My TWO Cents!

Posted on Jun 16, 2002, 7:15 AM
from IP address 65.35.16.19

what a load
by rrod (no login)

generic statements like these i can't argue with. if i say that a patient died of cancer because she saw treatment by a chiro, or if i pull 30 sheets with molecular data showing that the medication did not work because she didn't have enough X receptors then you will just say that she just didn't channel enough life force, maybe her insurance ran out and her chiro couldn't give her any more "love" therapy..hehe. there is no way to win in a battle between theology, religion, and your healing beleif system and hard science. if i say that she died because the meds didn't work and i have hard data to back....forget it its a waste of time just know that if the leadership in the chiro field follows that route your days are numbered. health care should integrate all areas and work together so if sitting in a circle with candles chanting for three hours having their back aligned makes a patient feel more relaxed therefore making them more at ease with treatment, then go for it but not at the expense of hard science and a complete course of therapy.

peace

Posted on Jun 16, 2002, 2:19 PM
from IP address 128.248.196.129

Good Post Ms. Park
by Rob (Login DocRob)

It's about time that state licensure boards start taking a stand on these online program and advanced standing for Chiropractors, Podiatrists etc. I hope more follow your example. If programs like this are allowed to continue, then it hurts all IMG's.

Posted on Jun 14, 2002, 8:03 AM
from IP address 205.188.200.157

Pill pusher
by Life Force Doctor (no login)

magic powders
poison potions
toxic tonics
gamma death beams

all the tools of the ill-informed pill pusher MD.

chiropractors know how to use ancient eastern medicine to channel the "LIFE FORCE" to allow the body to heal itself NAATURALLY without all the chemicals of the drug pusher MD.
I am going to use eastern medicine when I get my MD and any state that gets in my way is in for a serious legal challenge. there are may practicing MD's that studied on-line and California had better get with the program, expecially since that state is the home of "All natural".
Unleash the life force. Slather your patients with 100% FULL LOVE POWER!!!!!!!
then reload and hit them again and again until it heals.
look out world, here we come

Posted on Jun 14, 2002, 9:18 AM

Life force
by anonymous (no login)

given a choice during a heart attack I imagine most of your patients would prefer meds from you than your 'life force' treatment but just a guess. You aren't the first med students to think they are God but usually that ends with education.

Posted on Jun 15, 2002, 7:11 AM
from IP address 24.234.138.54

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.