PDA

View Full Version : ??

Bhoot
11-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Is this school still open and active? Just curious.

Delaney
11-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Open, yes, active, not so much. There are only a few stuents left and they aren't accepting any more until they can get loans and get a DFES listing but I don't expect that they will get either.

Julius Ceasar
12-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Open, yes, active, not so much. There are only a few stuents left and they aren't accepting any more until they can get loans and get a DFES listing but I don't expect that they will get either.

I was told I could attend this program in 2008 and that classes are being held. I was also told I would have to say I was there on a vacation and would not receive a student visa to enter the UK.

Imagine in an industry based upon ethics the school would ask me to LIE. The person that told me this was a lady by the name of R___ who works in the office.

SCARY :shock:

maximillian genossa
12-12-2007, 03:21 PM
You are looking into a major UK immigration infraction if you do that, and if you do, and get caught, forget about setting foot on UK soil for a long time, not to mention the embarassment of deportation. If they recommended you to do that, run away from them faster than a 100 meter dash Olympic sprinter will. As of the advise you got , it is a MAJOR ethical flaw and reasoning on this lady's behalf, most likely, institutionalized lying.

I was told I could attend this program in 2008 and that classes are being held. I was also told I would have to say I was there on a vacation and would not receive a student visa to enter the UK.

Imagine in an industry based upon ethics the school would ask me to LIE. The person that told me this was a lady by the name of R___ who works in the office.

2fasfasligand
12-14-2007, 11:40 AM

My contacts at the school (including R_) have told me that no new students will be enrolled Jan'08 unless they are on student visas and obviously students who are currently enrolled who already have a visa will continue for the Jan'08 semester. Yes, THEORETICALLY you could enter the country on a visitor visa and study but that would be ILLEGAL and the school admin would never suggest such a thing. This is clearly a misunderstanding and I urge you to contact the school immediately to clear the confusion. The new admin has got rid of all the crooks and is making a fresh clean start and is trying to build a reputable school based on good ethics. Please do not hold personal grudges from the past to destroy the future of other students. My suggestion would be to go to Ross, SGU, AUC, or SABA is you are unable to get a visa to go to Luton. Hope this clears the confusion. Regards.

diogenes
12-14-2007, 02:15 PM
My contacts at the school (including R_) have told me that no new students will be enrolled Jan'08 unless they are on student visas and obviously students who are currently enrolled who already have a visa will continue for the Jan'08 semester. Yes, THEORETICALLY you could enter the country on a visitor visa and study but that would be ILLEGAL and the school admin would never suggest such a thing. This is clearly a misunderstanding and I urge you to contact the school immediately to clear the confusion. The new admin has got rid of all the crooks and is making a fresh clean start and is trying to build a reputable school based on good ethics. Please do not hold personal grudges from the past to destroy the future of other students. My suggestion would be to go to Ross, SGU, AUC, or SABA is you are unable to get a visa to go to Luton. Hope this clears the confusion. Regards.
To obtain student visas without recourse to any deceit St. Chris.IMD needs to be on the DFES register that has been mentioned before. As of today I can't find it there.
It's not such a big deal to obtain registration: it's little more than a hurdle put in the way of blatant immigration scams.
I wonder how current students are managing this issue? Have they have been granted some kind of dispensation because the old St. Chris. was on the register and they already have visas?

Julius Ceasar
12-15-2007, 09:29 AM

First, I am not stupid I did not misunderstand nor was I confused about what I was told. As a potential student I have found that it takes as much effort to pick a foreign or offshore medical school as it does to accomplish your final goal. So far I have learned that many programs are far less than honest regarding their academic and administrative policies and procedures. I have also learned that where there is smoke there is fire and there must be a good reason that a degree from this program will not be recognized in a multitude of states and the UK. I have not relied on information I received from this forum but have made the effort to do my own research and verified the information I received.

I would wish that SCIMD STOP blamming all their problems on the old administration. They have had 2 years to rectify all the old problems and haven't resolved a single one. As a matter of fact the school is less recognized now than ever before. In the UK alone the program in Luton isn't recognized and even the main campus in Senegal is no longer recognized in the UK telling me the problems go much deeper than first suspected. Now correct me if I'm wrong but the original admin wasn't running the main campus.

The bottom line is I was asked to go to Luton ILLEGALLY and because I exposed their dishonesty I "misunderstood". Now I'm supposed to call the school and give them a second chance to show me they are ETHICAL. I'm sure everyone reading this will agree you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. Sorry but I think I'll take you up on your suggestion and attend another school.

2fasfasligand
12-15-2007, 10:45 AM
First, I am not stupid I did not misunderstand nor was I confused about what I was told. As a potential student I have found that it takes as much effort to pick a foreign or offshore medical school as it does to accomplish your final goal. So far I have learned that many programs are far less than honest regarding their academic and administrative policies and procedures. I have also learned that where there is smoke there is fire and there must be a good reason that a degree from this program will not be recognized in a multitude of states and the UK. I have not relied on information I received from this forum but have made the effort to do my own research and verified the information I received.

I would wish that SCIMD STOP blamming all their problems on the old administration. They have had 2 years to rectify all the old problems and haven't resolved a single one. As a matter of fact the school is less recognized now than ever before. In the UK alone the program in Luton isn't recognized and even the main campus in Senegal is no longer recognized in the UK telling me the problems go much deeper than first suspected. Now correct me if I'm wrong but the original admin wasn't running the main campus.

The bottom line is I was asked to go to Luton ILLEGALLY and because I exposed their dishonesty I "misunderstood". Now I'm supposed to call the school and give them a second chance to show me they are ETHICAL. I'm sure everyone reading this will agree you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. Sorry but I think I'll take you up on your suggestion and attend another school.

It's basically my word against yours. The Jan'08 semester is starting in a few weeks and you will be able to see things for yourself. Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck in you future endeavors.

Britimg
12-15-2007, 11:13 AM
why would anyone go to this school???

JadedD0c
12-16-2007, 11:54 AM
--------------------

2fasfasligand
12-16-2007, 04:46 PM
The school still has 11-13 students. 8 staff (1 secretary, 1 dean, 6 professors/admin). Out of all these people I am sure all but 1 will transfer after basic sciences. For the past 3 semesters they have managed to rope in 1 new student per semester, probably because R in the US manages to lie to people because as far as I know, there is no active recruitment and no visa issues have been fixed and there is no sign of getting loans. But I know that all the current students (clinicals and basic sciences) are fiercely adamant about making sure nobody finds out the truth about the school as long as they are still students. I call it the "Scidmark Syndrome". 2 people got their white coats this semester, one has not passed all of their classes but got it anyway (white coat is after 5th), maybe because just having white coat for once person looks funny! People are still having trouble getting official transcripts.There is still a total of 3 admin in the US and at least one of them lies to everyone. The school is using other ways to hold on to students. I hear they are no longer allowed to recheck exam grades, whatever the current dean says goes, if he fails you, too bad lol. I am sure there is tons of other stuff going on too. Just trust! Don't go to this school until you have CLEAR EVIDENCE that they are getting their act together but I don't think that it is going to happen. :D

Clearly you are unhappy with St.Chris and want to move on. I wish you the best of luck at Windsor and regret you did not choose to transfer to at least the big 4. Cheers.

Britimg
12-16-2007, 05:09 PM
well i am gonna have fun ratting them out to uk immigration in little over 10 hours.

JadedD0c
12-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Clearly you are unhappy with St.Chris and want to move on. I wish you the best of luck at Windsor and regret you did not choose to transfer to at least the big 4. Cheers.

I have a few options. I am still shopping.

well i am gonna have fun ratting them out to uk immigration in little over 10 hours.

People have already tried this but you are welcome to keep trying.

Delaney
12-17-2007, 04:17 AM
The school still has 11-13 students. 8 staff (1 secretary, 1 dean, 6 professors/admin). Out of all these people I am sure all but 1 will transfer after basic sciences. For the past 3 semesters they have managed to rope in 1 new student per semester, probably because R in the US manages to lie to people because as far as I know, there is no active recruitment and no visa issues have been fixed and there is no sign of getting loans. But I know that all the current students (clinicals and basic sciences) are fiercely adamant about making sure nobody finds out the truth about the school as long as they are still students. I call it the "Scidmark Syndrome". 2 people got their white coats this semester, one has not passed all of their classes but got it anyway (white coat is after 5th), maybe because just having white coat for once person looks funny! People are still having trouble getting official transcripts.There is still a total of 3 admin in the US and at least one of them lies to everyone. The school is using other ways to hold on to students. I hear they are no longer allowed to recheck exam grades, whatever the current dean says goes, if he fails you, too bad lol. I am sure there is tons of other stuff going on too. Just trust! Don't go to this school until you have CLEAR EVIDENCE that they are getting their act together but I don't think that it is going to happen.This is an extremely accurate account of what is currently going on with SCIMD-COM. Anyone even thinking about going to SCIMD-COM should read this.

It's basically my word against yours. The Jan'08 semester is starting in a few weeks and you will be able to see things for yourself. Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck in you future endeavors.You sound exactly like a member of the SCIMD-COM administration or one of the students that JadedDoc mentioned above that is trying to keep a lid on things so they can transfer out and get credit for the courses they have taken at SCIMD.

Delaney
12-17-2007, 02:17 PM
I also wouldn't trust a single thing that Julius Ceasar is saying on this forum. His posting history and style are nearly identical to the last user that the former president of SCCM (P L) had here. You will notice he has only really posted about a few subjects, promoting the Costa Rican UNIBE (known to be P L's current pet med. school project) and trying to bash the current SCIMD administration as well as support/protect the old SCCM administration (all things that P L has been known to do under various usernames here on ValueMD).

Why is it that this forum in particular on this site seems to be filled with snakes and pit vipers just waiting to strike?

2fasfasligand
12-17-2007, 05:15 PM
I also wouldn't trust a single thing that Julius Ceasar is saying on this forum. His posting history and style are nearly identical to the last user that the former president of SCCM (P L) had here. You will notice he has only really posted about a few subjects, promoting the Costa Rican UNIBE (known to be P L's current pet med. school project) and trying to bash the current SCIMD administration as well as support/protect the old SCCM administration (all things that P L has been known to do under various usernames here on ValueMD).

Why is it that this forum in particular on this site seems to be filled with snakes and pit vipers just waiting to strike?

Check out Julius Ceasars posts on Costa Rican UNIBE here on ValueMD:
http://www.valuemd.com/central-south-american-medical-schools/144674-costa-rica-3.html#post728364

Julius Ceasar
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM

Wrong, I bashed everyone the old admin, the new admin, everyone. This school was terrible and has only gotten worse.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.