PDA

View Full Version : How is Gdansk Medical University?

borg
11-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi there!

I know the question is not that original and maybe a bit difficult to answer, but: How is Gdansk Medical University? - Im hoping that current students will write their general opinions.

I was also considering Hungary, but oral exams are not my cup of tea so... Are the exams in Poland also almost 100 % orally?

Thanks, Borg

Ps! I have done a search on Gdansk, but I was hoping a little new would come up.

vavachi2004
02-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi,

I am also wanting to inquire about Gdansk Medical School...I recently applied and got admittance. I am from Canada orginally. I have been debating whether to go to this school or to Manipal University in India. I would like to know from any students who attend:

1. How are the classes? (How is the English of professors)
2. How are the dorms? (not picky just wanting to know like about telephone and internet access)
3. How are the surroundings in general? Are there many Asians like within the campus at least?
4. How are the prices for different things such as food? clothes? cell?
5. Is the university WHO recognized?

Just some questions if anyone can answer I would GREATLY appreciate it. I have been reading that others are explaining that Gdansk isn't the best but I would like to know from the students point of view who are studying there. Ok thanks.

brainteazer07
02-27-2008, 02:24 AM
Hi,

I am also wanting to inquire about Gdansk Medical School...I recently applied and got admittance. I am from Canada orginally. I have been debating whether to go to this school or to Manipal University in India. I would like to know from any students who attend:

1. How are the classes? (How is the English of professors)
2. How are the dorms? (not picky just wanting to know like about telephone and internet access)
3. How are the surroundings in general? Are there many Asians like within the campus at least?
4. How are the prices for different things such as food? clothes? cell?
5. Is the university WHO recognized?

Just some questions if anyone can answer I would GREATLY appreciate it. I have been reading that others are explaining that Gdansk isn't the best but I would like to know from the students point of view who are studying there. Ok thanks.

you might want to check out whether the schools are geared towards preparing you for board examinations in US/Canada. I am not too sure how well indian medical school would prepare you for the boards.

vavachi2004
02-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi brainteazer,

Thanks. I recently visited many schools in India and a lot of bigger medical schoos do prepare students well who are interested in coming back to the US/Canada. Plus there is no problem of English within the colleges as all of them are taught in English. Um for Gdansk I was just 'ify' as I think the English division is quite new but I think there are a lot of Canadian/US people there in general. But its best to find out before I drill myself in one medical school without knowing ha ha. Thanks again. :)

brainteazer07
03-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi brainteazer,

Thanks. I recently visited many schools in India and a lot of bigger medical schoos do prepare students well who are interested in coming back to the US/Canada. Plus there is no problem of English within the colleges as all of them are taught in English. Um for Gdansk I was just 'ify' as I think the English division is quite new but I think there are a lot of Canadian/US people there in general. But its best to find out before I drill myself in one medical school without knowing ha ha. Thanks again. :)

haha yeah i m from India. But wasn't sure how the med schools were doing there. Not too fond of the way people get into schools over there...lol. But good luck!

CHARLYSINNER
03-18-2008, 12:07 PM
If Anyone Has Any Info, Please Let Me Know. I Am Considering In Going To That School As Well. I Have Some New Info. If Anyone Got Accepted , Tell Us About The Process.

vavachi2004
04-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Hey charlysinner I've been trying to message you but it keeps not letting me send anything...msg me ur addy and we can talk:)...

Fly408
09-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Is Gdansk - the English program recognized by state of California? Anyone know about this??

ttmillerjr
05-23-2009, 03:25 AM
Yes, it is recognized in Cali. Below is a list of the Polish schools recognized in Cali.

Academy of Medicine of Bydgoszcz
Jagiellonian University Medical College (includes English program)
Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences in Poznan Faculty II
Medical Academy of Danzig AKA Medical Academy of Gdansk
Medical Academy of Juliana Marchlewski in Bialystok
Medical Academy of Lodz
Medical Academy of Lublin
Medical Academy of Mikolaja Kopernika of Krakow
Medical Academy of Poznan Faculty I
Medical Academy of Warsaw
Medical Academy of Wroclaw
Medical University of Lublin (English Program)
Pomorska Medical Academy AKA Pomeranian Academy
Poznan University of Medical Sciences (English Program)
Slaska Medical Academy of Ludwika Warynski Katowice

bigndude
05-23-2009, 06:25 AM
No, only the Polish program is recognized and approved by Cali. the English program is not.

Rendra91
07-15-2009, 08:05 PM
really?the english program is not recognized by california..can u give the link?and we can check it

anuruddha1982
07-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Rendra, its definitely not recognised by Cali, as the English program is still relatively new. However, from what I've heard, they will be applying for accreditation in Cali soon. I am sure by the time I leave Gdansk (2014), it would have applied and hopefully have the accreditation.

sanmak
05-17-2015, 06:16 PM
Actually, coming to Manipal Uni India gives u two choices. Because they have traing in two hospitals, one in Bengaluru(india) and Nepal. If you come to bengaluru, u enjoy city life and nice teaching aswell, in nepal, teaching is great, but city life isnt that great!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.