PDA

View Full Version : St.Chris Split

GEM29
11-20-2007, 10:11 AM
This is what I remember from long time ago....

ST.christopher's College of Medicine....there is 2 schools

*One called St.Christophers with Dr.*****....who tried/or got MUA-Belize to sign with them.

*2nd called SCIMD-COM....the one that decided to stay with Senegal

--Does St.Christopher-MUA Belize exist? or is it just SCIMD now?

--Is the schools problem with UK ever going to get resolved? Are they even trying to get things resolved?

Delaney
11-26-2007, 12:13 PM
There was never any split. Dr. L tried to sell the Luton campus as "the school" to MUA-B and was completely unsuccessful. MUA-B then tried to setup its own campus in London but it was a spectacular failure and they closed up shop. SCIMD was just the new name of the campus/business in Luton but it has always been the same school for the last 8 years.

Dr_RichardKern
04-01-2008, 08:14 PM
I lost one semester when St chris bit the dust, but graduated a foreign medical school and lost touch with them. in clinicals, we depend more on hospitals to validate our rotations than the school, so I didn't waste time and just went ahead. What happened to the school and how did it turn out?

gambino
04-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Seems this article here:

Medical University of the Americas of Belize - Gone or in rest?, Belize News, San Pedro Sun (http://www.sanpedrosun.net/old/08-112.html)

sheds some light on the situation. Both MUA-UK (if it ever existed) and MUA-Belize are now practically defunct. PL is currently being sued in NJ per the students lawsuits and from the rumors i've heard is still intent on starting another school somewhere in the Caribbeans.

regards,
G

futrphysician
04-09-2008, 05:56 PM
the school was restructured and the new entity is now a not-for-profit school.

the new administrators are working toward getting the required accreditation's so that the future of the school is solid.

As per one person I directly talked to, "paying salaries will be enough. The goal should be to establish a first rate medical training campus that has a good reputation."

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.