PDA

View Full Version : i write some medicine Q

gitanaz
11-10-2007, 03:52 AM
what is the most common couse of meningitis beyond neonatal? strep pneumoniae. 2.what is the most common couse in adult?neisseria 3.what isthe couse inthose with immune systemdefect? listeria monocytogen 4.what is the couse in those who have surjury ? staf aureus what is most common on HIV person t cell<100?cryptococcus . 5. what is the presentation of themeningities? fever photophobia ,headache nuchal rigidity ,nausea vomiting . altered mental status ,seasure,focal neurologic deficite. what is the most common neurologic deficit ? visual field and cranial nerve deficite . .

gitanaz
11-10-2007, 04:14 AM
[quote=gitanaz;699338]

what is the most common couse of meningitis beyond neonatal? strep pneumoniae. 2.what is the most common couse in adult?neisseria 3.what isthe couse inthose with immune systemdefect? listeria monocytogen 4.what is the couse in those who have surjury ? staf aureus what is most common on HIV person t cell<100?cryptococcus . 5. what is the presentation of themeningities? fever photophobia ,headache nuchal rigidity ,nausea vomiting . altered mental status ,seasure,focal neurologic deficite. what is the most common neurologic deficit ? visual field and cranial nerve deficite . .]what isthe treatment for meningities?ceftriaxone ,or cefotaxim. ampicilline is added tothose with immune defect to cover listeria

hunteradam07
03-28-2008, 01:21 AM
[quote=gitanaz;699338]

what is the most common couse of meningitis beyond neonatal? strep pneumoniae. 2.what is the most common couse in adult?neisseria 3.what isthe couse inthose with immune systemdefect? listeria monocytogen 4.what is the couse in those who have surjury ? staf aureus what is most common on HIV person t cell<100?cryptococcus . 5. what is the presentation of themeningities? fever photophobia ,headache nuchal rigidity ,nausea vomiting . altered mental status ,seasure,focal neurologic deficite. what is the most common neurologic deficit ? visual field and cranial nerve deficite . .]what isthe treatment for meningities?ceftriaxone ,or cefotaxim. ampicilline is added tothose with immune defect to cover listeria
I m not sure i understood all ur questions, but for sure most common cause of neonatal meningitis is Group B S. Agalactiae, then 2nd MC is E.Coli. I thought in Adult it's S. Pneunomia. What Immune systemic defect in Neisseria? Alternative complenent pathway defiency would lead increase incident of N. Meningitis. Listeria is more common in pregnant women who eating too much home made cheese :). All the signs and symptoms sound about rite and the med is all depend on the organism that cause it.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.