PDA

View Full Version : Any word from students in Lodz so far '07?

cannyg
11-03-2007, 03:00 PM
I know the school year just started but was wondering if people are settled in yet? What's it like? Recommended?
The threads for that school are like hair cells in the otolith organs: 1/2 excited, 1/2 inhibited.
Thanks.

TrustMeImaDoc
11-15-2007, 04:08 PM
I dont recommend it, very bad adminitration

cannyg
11-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Can you elaborate? Are you currently attending Lodz? I hear it's not so bad aside from the transportation issue, time management...

annskimd
01-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Can you elaborate? Are you currently attending Lodz? I hear it's not so bad aside from the transportation issue, time management...

TIME MANAGEMENT is one of the major problems, i have a car and still i have problems trying to cram in a week time everything i need to know anout the limb (4 yr M.D. program). the 6yr program is a lot easier and u have more time for things, the program in unorganized and polish system is different then back in North America, testing is different, lectures suck but you have to attend them all, miss a few classes and you fail that class no matter how "well" you are going in it. it is tuff i must say adjusting and gettin through medical school, it has its up (experienceing living in Europe) and its downs, (no time to explore Europe) and everything is much more expensive and quality of stuff is crappier (not to sound materialistic, it is just how it is here and i am trying to give you an insite). night life is good here which is another distraction (not good when in MEDICAL SCHOOL lol). the testing is weird we have "test" that basically are not for you passing the class, they are so that you are qualified to take the final or so you don't Loose points on your final which is the only major test that really counts, thats right ONE TEST FOR EACH CLASS is what determines if you pass :shock:, oh and your attendence. i hope that helps in usderstanding it here in MUL :)

mannr
01-14-2008, 04:01 PM
I just had a couple of questions because Im planning on applying there for Fall 08 Are the profs there pretty good with their english, what are the living conditions like, and are the classes more difficult then those classes would be here. Also how's the campus like are the facilities good and comparable to something a person would find in the states. And are u from the states as well

Mister
01-14-2008, 10:49 PM
i second mannr comments...please

Abhi1234
01-21-2008, 10:22 PM
i third mannr...i'm also going fall 08

Bluebox8
01-31-2008, 04:08 AM

Stallion
01-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Hey guys,
well upon reading many replies and questions and comments about the school here in Lodz, I would like to touch on a few things. I rarely check ValueMD as of lately, because I am a current 2nd year student in Lodz (4-year program) and the work-load is tough, but whenever I do browse this site, I am amazed and at the same time, shocked, at how much garbage I am seeing from students who are not even enrolled here. So I'd like to say a few things.

First off, not to open a old scar or to bring back something from the past, but I made a post earlier on this year about the 'situation' with housing here in Lodz at the student's dorm. I know the problem was resolved within the first week or two of you all being here, and I just want to apologize for singling out a couple people at AIM who are actually working their tails off to see that we all get the right treatment we should upon arriving here. I was quick to point fingers, but it turns out that the school was not relaying proper info back to the States with available spots for housing over here, and the reason you all found out so late was because it was a shock to AIM also. I had a sit-down with the financial aid advisor at AIM,and after seeing this person bust her tail off while over here that first week of school in September, she tried to make sure you were all taken care of...i sure hope that things are going well for you all now, with studies, living arrangements, etc etc. Some of you moved out, because hey, some of us just don't like the 'dorm life' and would rather live on our own and have the privacy and probably even find a place for cheaper...to each his own.

Now, onto bigger and better things. The school and city themselves...after living IN the city of Lodz for the last year and a half, the only thing I can really complain about is the construction and sometimes poor communication links...the EU gave Poland a lump of money recently, and almost all cities are putting that cash to use, mainly as Lodz is doing, to rebuild the infrastructure...it's frustrating to have to take a bus and D-tour 4 times in the morning to get to class, but hey, that's part of city-life, and the construction is FINALLY almost done.

The school itself and the program...for the kids in first year (i'm talking strictly 4-year program because I'm in the 4-year program)...you will probably find that going to classes is useless and that you'd get more studying on your own...that these 'tests' are also useless and really mean nothing. Rules are rules however, and if this hadn't been a problem in previous years (yes even my year had to go to all classes for points), then administration may be a little more leniant towards attendance. Tests, as most have just written (and failed) the Gross Anatomy exam, are going to be hard and never let up. Speaking from experience, I did not pass anatomy the first time around, but did on retake. Don't worry as to when your retake will be..that is what our advisors are for and they let you all know by email. And if you are concerned, then just send a simple email asking "any idea of when the retake is scheduled for?". Retake period starts when 2nd semester starts and you will know in advance. It's medical school people..we are all here (or at least some of us are) for a reason...to get the most out of it and to do it to the end! The language may be an issue with our professors, and this unfortunately, is a real pity, because even WE feel that when we ask a question sometimes, the person on the other side has no idea whatsoever on what we are saying. Trust me, it gets better in second year, and that is one MAJOR plus we've endured this year...teachers and profs who can really get a feel of what students are asking and inquiring about.

The testing system is not the greatest here, but after speaking to a friend who is in his final year in Warsaw, their's are just the same. Everything is weighted on the final exam...and yes, even a certain number of "points" gained throughout the semester are required to be able to sit for the exam...this is their way of knowing that you know your stuff, or are at LEAST making an attempt to know the materials. And since the one thing that MUL doesn't offer is prep for USMLE, think of this extra studying as preparation for that. Yes, failing a final exam is not what we all want to do...i cannot sit here and say that I haven't, because i certainly have....but maybe they give us the 3 attempts because they know some may not get it all the first time?? I don't know, that is just a thought...i ask myself the same question time and time again. Some are here to really help you, some could care less...just know why you are all here, and make the best of it.

Anatomy was hard, not going to lie...the hardest course I've taken in medical school...oh wait, no....just wait until 2nd year!!! Not to scare anyone...but it's very demanding..and if some of you think you don't have enough time for this and that in the first year, then start preparing yourself for an overwhelming first semester of second year. The pubs can wait...yes we all want to be social, and if you have great time management, then my hat's off to you!

I have enjoyed my time here thus far. The people are nice...almost all polish (younger generation) can speak some form of english. We will always have our ups and downs...times when we just want to punch in a brick wall, times when we want to give up because nothing seems to be going right with profs, teachers, colleagues, marks, etc etc etc...the reward is the final prize..an MD degree.

If there are any questions, any at all, please do not hesitate to send a personal message or reply to this post. I hope things here in Lodz are going well....enjoy the time off inbetween semesters, and travel as much as you can...Poland is a great link for other countries. There are also mini weekend trips planned by one of the Polish teachers, and last year we visited 3 cities...saturday and sunday trips.. so i dont' want to hear people posting "there's no time for travel or free time..."...it's all in how you manage your time and know when you need to take a day off to be with some friends. The program will only continue to get better and better, and it is up to us who are here now to voice our opinions to both MUL and to AIM as to how they can improve any flaws or stumps we may encounter.

Stal...
(sorry for making this long...)

Mister
02-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Stal.......... thanks a lot for your insight I appreciate it. Where are you from? I only ask because it interests me knowing peoples backrounds for example a person from the US might see school in Poland as mediocre or poor where as a person from a less developed country think that the school is amazing. Thanks for the response.

annskimd
02-03-2008, 01:16 AM
ok so yes i will agree on many things that Stal says, and yes it is getting better with time. we are all getting better with the adjustment but it is not easy and for some it is easier, i think this year it has to do a lot with the overwhelming class size but they do try. it is not there fault if we are NOT used to the system, i mean we are in POland, but i recalled being promise a USMLE based education, and i am not getting that :roll:. it is tuff in my oppinion compared to US school (i am from the US) i have many friends in the D.O. program and i am the few that choose to leave the country cause i wanted my M.D. i tell them how it is and they say it is much different, but remember it is still doable, especially with good time management, i will agree with that, you WILL no dout about it flip flop many times about transfering or leaving but in the end it is because you did not try hard enough. we all have our moments and depression states here in Lodz, but as Sal said "it is medical school" i dont mean to be contradicting in regards to my last post i just want people to know that it is not a "peice of cake" just cause it is POLAND it is harder since we are dealing with many other things besides getting through medical school, including the language barrier or available resources to study and prep more. there is ALWAYS a way through it, yes indeed, u can pass and get your M.D. but you really have to stay on top of things and try to stay positive.
oh and in regards to the dorms they are not bad at all, for next year students they have a new bulding for you guys and it is nice everything is new and location is decent.

Stallion
02-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey Mister...

no worries at all...i'm 100% canadian. Let's face it guys...unless you REALLY want to explore Europe and see an opportunity like medical school away from your respective countries as a reason to travel, then that's a justifiable reason to study abroad. Most of us are here because we didn't get into medical schools in our respective countries..beit Canada, US, etc etc...it doesn't mean we are not smart...the bars are continually being raised "back home" and hey, we gotta do what we gotta do.

Everyone will see the school as 'mediocre' or even worse when things aren't going right. Yes the language is the real barrier..along with professors that sometimes can't seem to grasp what we are asking...but you make sacrifices in life, and as long as you know that you are here for a reason, then you will eventually get through it.

The school is making efforts to prep more for USMLE. In the second year you will notice that teachers will try to offer the NBME examinations instead of their own final exams. NMBE is the "national board of medical examiners"...they offer tests like shelf exams, all in multiple choice format, and they are basically recycled USMLE questions or questions that didn't make it for USMLE tests. We wrote one in anatomy this year as a "mock" test..just to pick our brains and let us know where we're at a year after taking Gross Anatomy. But as far as actual USMLE preparations, you will not find that here. The tests we're given are in multiple choice format...and some teachers like to get practical with questions, some keep it straight forward...and in the case of those who just wrote the Gross Anatomy final, some teachers like to give multiple multiple choice questions ALONG with written Q's. They are not here to fail us, if we are at least doing the work....people will get weened out eventually...those who wanna be here will show that they want to be here.

Again, it's medical school guys...even I don't have the best study habits, not everyone is perfect, but we make it work...if we want to.

Bluebox8
02-04-2008, 08:45 AM

Mister
02-05-2008, 12:54 AM
thanks stal for you comments Im from Canada aswell I appreciate your insight

brainteazer07
02-08-2008, 10:30 PM
i was just wondering....how are they not preparing for the USMLE? if USMLE covers the same the material that is being taught...it should be fine? or is it that they are not teaching well..or the questions that they ask are not that comparable to USMLE?

just curious how it works there...I am from India...but now living in US...so i know how that one test system works and that should be extremely hard i would think because they would test you on information that you have learned over the period of the year?

Thanks, and if the tone of my questions seem to be critical..i m sorry...i have no such intention..just trying to lay out my thought...thanks again

hcg1234
02-20-2008, 06:43 PM
MUL and AIM...They're teaching doesnt prepare you for the USMLE...Havent you noticed that when u took the exams there..They are nothing like USMLE type questions...Case in point you wonderful Dr.T(yea i know who he is very well and Im not talking about MR. T either from the A-Team) anatomy exam is nothing like a BRS on anatomy.....MUL DOES NOT PREPARE YOU FOR THE USMLE...BOTTOM LINE...you can contradict me all you want but I know you are there going through the same things I used to...Not to mention that MUL will charge lots of zlotys for making up classes...dont believe me ask ur current seniors for the info...even the taiwanese know what Im talking about..Good luck with MUL and AIM...they are the most corrupt places I have ever seen...I thought HMI was bad but this is even worse...I used to go there..thats y i left

Mister
02-22-2008, 08:54 PM
hi hcg1234 did you fail from LODZ? where are you now?

hcg1234
03-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Wow. Mister. You are really smart for ranking Lodz in one of your postings as number 3. Why don't you attend our medical school for a change? I don't know about your history...SO don't judge mine or assume that I am a failure... Your poking fun of me shows how weak you really are...You don't need to know where I am...I'm making these postings to warn others how Lodz really is and what AIM/MUL don't really tell you about...Why not check the website at AIM...Here's a question: Why does MUL offer only three weeks of psychiatry but AIM offers six weeks?????...That's weird...I thought AIM said that they offer the education program to be "US based curriculum"...So why the shortage of the weeks..Isn't MUL supposed to follow that program even though only three weeks of Psych is required in the EU??? So what happens to all those students who can't fulfill those three weeks...As I recall, the minimum you need to apply for residency is 4 and most states require six...Why the discrepancy???...Bet you AIM will say they're not responsible for MUL's curriculum(US based curriculum)...well, Lodz is a dirty,dark and black city...The buildings are so black that most of it has never been cleaned up...It's the most depressing place...I've been to other city's in Poland...Most people including Polish reverberate my sentiments...My advice: Stay away from AIM...Lublin (run by HMI)...is a much more beautiful city...I've been there I know

Mister
03-04-2008, 01:38 AM
Ahhhh I called you a failure? I don't remember that please refresh my memory. My previous question was asked to try to learn a little about your backround to help put things in perspective for me. But still you did not answer wither question, WHY? I am not arguing that AIM is bad or LODZ is bad I just want to know how bad it is because if you did fail ofcourse you would be bad-mouthing Lodz. I do agree that MOST agents are SCAMS no doubt in my mind. Thank you hcg1234 I appreciate your feedback, and please don't accuse me of calling you a failure when I have never done so, Thank You.

hcg1234
03-04-2008, 10:30 AM
"Hi hcg1234 did you fail from Lodz?"...It's pretty clear from your questioning that I was presumed to have failed otherwise you would never have asked about it...Dont think I can be conned...Im not going to get into any more technicality of the concept or definition of "fail" that you have requested...As you say in your response, that If I failed I would be bad-mouthing Lodz...What if I didnt?? So only people who are passing are saying good things about Lodz???...Im not going to describe everything about me obviously or who I am or background or my personality, But I'm here to forewarn those people who plan to go to Lodz not to go there...You actually ranked Lodz as number 3 or 4 in your postings...Did you go to Lodz??? to make that sort of decision...Lodz has gone down even in its rankings in the Polish ranking system....Please read my previous posts about rotations in other posts in reference to psychiatry and the money scams that I write about and the outline of the city...Oh and you are welcome

kcbarry90
07-24-2008, 03:26 PM
hey stal i am thinking of coming to MUL. pls can u elaborate on things that AIL can do for u?. please send me your email address so i can ask u some questions. thanx for our prompt reply. Barry

kcbarry90
07-24-2008, 03:42 PM
after reading coments from peolple like hcg1234. i fell like changing my mind or that i am making a bad decision bywanting to go to MUL. please can hcg1234 give his reasons for such comments and can someone who attends MUL talk about things are like over there. do they teach well, is the city so bad as they say it is? the AIM guys are they dubious. please i am scared.

kcbarry90
07-24-2008, 03:43 PM
one more thing please hcg1234 which school are u in now?

oinkmoowoof
08-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Honestly, is Lodz the first choice school of anyone? If you didn’t get in anywhere else and you want to be a doctor, then give it a try. A lot of posts here are crying about no one helping the poster… or that there is a lack of test prep from the school. Learn to study? And o ya, welcome to medical school in a foreign country. If you don’t like it go to grad school and get grades that don’t suck so you can go to school in your home country. If that is not an option then make Lodz (or some other random school in Europe) work or find a different dream to chase. All a school (no matter where it is located) is going to do is give you a diploma after 4 years; you make the rest happen on your own.

hcg1234
08-09-2008, 08:57 AM
"you make the rest happen on your own"......thats right oink...I couldn't have said it better myself...you ARE on your own...ur screename sounds shady..but ok...ill give you the benefit of the doubt since your user name "sounds" like what you've written....to get back to reality, one would think that a medical school teaches and trains an individual for their career and in this case since people attend polish medical schools (like the caribbean...which are far superior especially the top 3 carib schools)...to go back to US for their training...however, in my experience at MUL/AIM THEY DO NOT PREPARE YOU WELL EVEN INDEPENDENT OF THE USMLES...Im so tired of saying this but if you dont believe me or think that Im the crazy one...that's fine... I dont care but it's the fact at MUL...good luck to those who go there cause u're going to need more than that to survive it....I am, however, not saying you should give up your dreams of being a doctor. If you want to be one, Do it (like the Nike commercials in the states...just do it) but be aware I am talking specifically about MUL and not other Polish medical schools(although as I've been reading up on these forums that there's seems to be some similarities in the problems and issues among the polish medical schools)..the AIM people are dubious in that they never told me the whole truth about states residency/licensure rules and regulations...charging exorbitant fees of $650/week for US/UK rotations....and as of recently I heard there were no US rotations offered by AIM(u have to pose this question to AIM/MUL for verifiation...I dont know...they'll probably even deny it until u get there).....remember this school is brand new...barely four-5 yrs old...so make sure u check with ur states rules and regulations before you choose to attend any medical school outside of US...I know certain states where u can never get licensure until MUL becomes approved by that state...Obviously Im not going to tell you where I am now...but rest assured what I've stated are my experiences at MUL...it's how I faced my life there...good luck in your choices

hcg1234
08-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Oh and Yes..the city is that BAD...it does not feel like you are in a major city..only one section of the city is famous...its called P street and its popular among the english students cause thats the only main street that everyone flocks to and when u closely look at those buildings on that street...or manufaktura(its a huge shopping mall with overpriced goods even in polish money)...but the cinema theatre there is really nice...the city still covered in black dust and the buildings are not clean as compared to other cities i have been to in Poland...even the locals dont like the look of their city...you dont feel like you are in a european city except for those few blocks on P street...but the local people are the nicest I've ever met...but the feeling of a city is not there as compared to othr cities i've been in poland

joancarver
08-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Hi,
I will be starting at Lodz in September 2008. I am from Toronto. Anyone else? Would love to know some names before I get there! :-)

Epic
08-22-2008, 05:24 PM
hcg - I've been lurking on this site for quite awhile and I have yet to find a positive post on anything from you. Plus, the fact that you won't say where you go to school or how you obtained such insider knowledge makes me believe you are a troll.

So why don't you put up or shut up?

hcg1234
08-22-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm glad you are reading my posts cause at least I'm putting it out there---as you say yourself. You're right, I don't have any positive things to say about the university including many students and former classmates of mine. All I'm saying is beware of the risk. I'm not going to tell you where I go to school...You figure that out on your own...I think you must be hard of hearing after having read my posts--- I said I used to go to MUL...and obviously if I used to go to MUL, then duh and D'oh(for you Epic---referring to Homer Simpson) that's how I knew the insider info---Like Piotrkowska street (P Street in english and in short ) and maufaktura and where classes are and where everything else is. Like I have said before, if you go or not that's your choice and if you don't believe me I DON'T CARE...I am only forewarning people of the reality at MUL...After that, please don't cry and complain that someone didn't warn you before you got there. I actually do hope that you (Epic) go there and face that reality. Good luck at MUL---please do let me know who how you like the city and its big city lights (please note: Written with a BIG undertone of sarcasm). I do hope that newbies write their experiences at MUL after they join the program to express their feelings at MUL. Wish all those new students the best. Be ready for the euro whenever that starts.

oinkmoowoof
09-17-2008, 01:01 PM
hcg1234 = troll

Anyway I look forward to meeting everyone who will be attending this fall.

hcg1234
09-17-2008, 11:21 PM
hmmmm..........

oinkmoowoof=Epic?????????????????????????????

I am SOOOOOOO Glad you have chosen to attend Lodz oink=Epic....looks like AIM is really looking up for their profits...while not providing the truth about state regulations and the validity of the rotations

Oink=Shady Character....now YOU have chosen to personally attack me

and you have NO FACTS of your own...unless you're working for AIM

hcg1234
09-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Below is a posting of what you wrote yourself, oink, on your first post demeaning Lodz and now you are attending it...YOU ARE SO CONTRADICTORY and you have the arrogance to condescend me...that's SOOOOO LAUGHABLE AT YOURSELF

Honestly, is Lodz the first choice school of anyone? If you didnít get in anywhere else and you want to be a doctor, then give it a try. A lot of posts here are crying about no one helping the posterÖ or that there is a lack of test prep from the school. Learn to study? And o ya, welcome to medical school in a foreign country. If you donít like it go to grad school and get grades that donít suck so you can go to school in your home country. If that is not an option then make Lodz (or some other random school in Europe) work or find a different dream to chase. All a school (no matter where it is located) is going to do is give you a diploma after 4 years; you make the rest happen on your own.

Enjoy rereading your posting and attending Lodz oink

oinkmoowoof
09-18-2008, 02:07 PM
hah dude your such a troll its great

hcg1234
09-18-2008, 02:37 PM
oink....u have no substance to ur words...write some real material about Lodz if u have any...and save ur badgering of others to urself

Harriot Crum
11-11-2008, 11:04 AM
"you make the rest happen on your own"......thats right oink...I couldn't have said it better myself...you ARE on your own...ur screename sounds shady..but ok...ill give you the benefit of the doubt since your user name "sounds" like what you've written....to get back to reality, one would think that a medical school teaches and trains an individual for their career and in this case since people attend polish medical schools (like the caribbean...which are far superior especially the top 3 carib schools)...to go back to US for their training...however, in my experience at MUL/AIM THEY DO NOT PREPARE YOU WELL EVEN INDEPENDENT OF THE USMLES...Im so tired of saying this but if you dont believe me or think that Im the crazy one...that's fine... I dont care but it's the fact at MUL...good luck to those who go there cause u're going to need more than that to survive it....I am, however, not saying you should give up your dreams of being a doctor. If you want to be one, Do it (like the Nike commercials in the states...just do it) but be aware I am talking specifically about MUL and not other Polish medical schools(although as I've been reading up on these forums that there's seems to be some similarities in the problems and issues among the polish medical schools)..the AIM people are dubious in that they never told me the whole truth about states residency/licensure rules and regulations...charging exorbitant fees of $650/week for US/UK rotations....and as of recently I heard there were no US rotations offered by AIM(u have to pose this question to AIM/MUL for verifiation...I dont know...they'll probably even deny it until u get there).....remember this school is brand new...barely four-5 yrs old...so make sure u check with ur states rules and regulations before you choose to attend any medical school outside of US...I know certain states where u can never get licensure until MUL becomes approved by that state...Obviously Im not going to tell you where I am now...but rest assured what I've stated are my experiences at MUL...it's how I faced my life there...good luck in your choices

I bet this guy does NOT go to any Medical School anywhere. Further, I know AIM students Rotating in the US and in the UK RIGHT NOW! If you dont believe me, call them (AIM) and ask to talk to a current Rotating Student.

Harriot Crum
11-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Wow. Mister. You are really smart for ranking Lodz in one of your postings as number 3. Why don't you attend our medical school for a change? I don't know about your history...SO don't judge mine or assume that I am a failure... Your poking fun of me shows how weak you really are...You don't need to know where I am...I'm making these postings to warn others how Lodz really is and what AIM/MUL don't really tell you about...Why not check the website at AIM...Here's a question: Why does MUL offer only three weeks of psychiatry but AIM offers six weeks?????...That's weird...I thought AIM said that they offer the education program to be "US based curriculum"...So why the shortage of the weeks..Isn't MUL supposed to follow that program even though only three weeks of Psych is required in the EU??? So what happens to all those students who can't fulfill those three weeks...As I recall, the minimum you need to apply for residency is 4 and most states require six...Why the discrepancy???...Bet you AIM will say they're not responsible for MUL's curriculum(US based curriculum)...well, Lodz is a dirty,dark and black city...The buildings are so black that most of it has never been cleaned up...It's the most depressing place...I've been to other city's in Poland...Most people including Polish reverberate my sentiments...My advice: Stay away from AIM...Lublin (run by HMI)...is a much more beautiful city...I've been there I know
MUL offers 6 weeks of Psych to US/Canadian Students because the US requires at least 4 weeks.

drfixitb
01-11-2010, 01:44 PM
I graduated from MUL and experienced the growing pains of the new English program better than many who followed me. As a leader of the graduating class of 2008, I can attest to the difficulties of the first year exams, especially Gross Anatomy. Yes, a lot of my class failed the first attempt, but you have to remember that it is a great transition from college/ university level to graduate/ medical school level of required knowledge. Those first exams in medical school can be a shock. I was warned by other physicians that "no question is unfair" in medical school Get over it. You are in medical school, not kindergarten...

I enjoyed my experience in medical school immensely. Almost all the professors, instructors and staff were most gracious, kind and concerned. No, not everyone was as fluent in English as everyone else, but it was rare that I encountered an instructor whose command of English was that poor.

As for the dormitory situation, after the first semester or year, go find your own apartment in Lodz. I did and truly enjoyed being more independent and not beholding to anyone else for my living arrangements. The first year, I agree that living in the dorm is a good way to learn about the culture change from the US to Poland. You're not in Kansas any more, Toto, so grow up and find a life.

Always talk to upper classmen who have been through what you are going through, find out what books best meet the needs of your particular course and get them. Not all the books recommended by the MUL are the best, but give them the credit they deserve- they are trying to help. Let them.

The most negative comment I can make about my 4 plus years in Poland getting my medical education is, "Winters suck"...

I am also the oldest graduate of medical school in Polish history. Only one professor was older than I. I gave them respect and received it back.

You are all visitors in Poland, so act as proper visitors. Your entire experience will be much greater for it.

Remember, you reap what you sew. You will only get out of your time in MUL what you put into it.

Good luck and stop whinning.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.