PDA

View Full Version : High chance of acceptance?

Malagant
10-29-2007, 08:59 PM
I know- Nobody here is a certifiable administrator or admissions officer; I'm just interested in your heresay and rumors. I've got the cash for four years, and the patience for five; I'm just wondering what chance a Canadian student with average grades and a mid-line MCAT (29) stands of getting into an Australian program...

Sydney, Auckland, Flinders, Queensland, Bond?

Lyndal @ UOW
03-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Wollongong?

glutamic
10-17-2008, 03:02 PM
You need to sit the gamsat

kevmeji
10-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi Malagant,

what are your actual stats (MCAT = 29 writting sample=?, GPA=?)

I am a Canadian student, did not write the GAMSAT and got into U of Sydney and Flinders with the following stats:

Undergraduate GPA: 3.59/4.0
MCAT PS 9, VR 11, Bio 10, writing sample: N
I am finishing off my masters degree but none of the universities took that into consideration when offering me an interview.

Good luck

stanfordpa2005
10-27-2008, 04:07 AM
I am first year student at Bond; from California; was a Physician Assistant for 3 year prior to starting med school.

I think you have a great chance of getting in.

By the way, I heard that Wollongong is a great program!

Ryan

pj1969
03-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Hey malagant - look at the post directly below your first one - you will find Lyndal is absolutely a "certifiable administrator or admissions officer", and trust me, she knows a lot.

If you are serious about studying Med in Australia - ask her! She is the horse's mouth, so to speak, at least for U.Wollongong. (Sorry Lyndal).

dadoc
03-17-2009, 06:41 AM
You need to sit the gamsat

No? Thats for Australian students.

Try UoW or Griffith or UoN or JCU

pj1969
03-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Dadoc, you can sit the GAMSAT in the UK, Ireland, Canada, the US, and (I think) Singapore, to apply for Australian or certain British universities.
Not just for Aussies - a Canadian could sit it in the US and then apply for a British Uni (if they chose to go that convoluted path).

Lyndal @ UOW
03-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Dadoc, you can sit the GAMSAT in the UK, Ireland, Canada, the US, and (I think) Singapore, to apply for Australian or certain British universities.
Not just for Aussies - a Canadian could sit it in the US and then apply for a British Uni (if they chose to go that convoluted path).

correct. Australian and NZ students applying as domestics must sit GAMSAT

International students to any Australian graduate school can sit GAMSAT OR MCAT. Choice is yours.

Lyndal

defdena
06-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I had a 3.61/4 on my Health sciences degree from Ottawa U and 3.7/4 for my 2 years of engineering at UO. I had a 29O on my MCAT and I received admission from Queensland.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.