PDA

View Full Version : Entrance into chiropractic school

wolfman
10-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Anybody have any insight as to what kind of GPA is required to get into CMCC? this site says minimum of 2.5, but does anyone know what you need to be a competitive applicant?

bookite
10-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Anybody have any insight as to what kind of GPA is required to get into CMCC? this site says minimum of 2.5, but does anyone know what you need to be a competitive applicant?

Most (if not all) Chiro schools are not competitive. they have rolling admission so if you don't get in one semester you can try again for another. :shock:

eastern2western
10-22-2007, 05:15 PM
One time, I received a brochure from a chiro college that says it is willing to accept anyone with 60 semester units and 2.0 gpa. Trust me, cc colleges are overflooded with students and they are recruiting every where. If you do not believe me, you should go to youtube and type chiropractice and there should at least 20 chiropracitc school ads pop up.

drjohnwebb
10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Now most schools require at least 90 hours and require at least a 2.5-3.0 GPA. This is what US medical schools in PR require. A lot of US DO schools do too. MUA and other Carib med schools will take you with 60 hours as well. Only 2 US states require a chiro to have a **. I don't believe ANY US states require MDs to have a **..

gbono2
11-05-2007, 05:21 AM
To any one thinking about going into chiropractic, I have one word for you - DON'T. The field is overpopulated & that make s it hard to make a living much less repay student loans. If you want to manipualte, be a D.O.

I'm a chiropractor who after 12 years has quit.

StodeMD
01-01-2008, 03:14 PM
You have to be a politician, salesman, or thief to make it in Chiropractic today. it is a selling profession, because the need for services is so small compared to the number of graduates.DON'T DO IT. Take your decent GPA and premed work and go to Med School, there is a shortage of MD's, no used car salesman suits needed, and FAR MORE MONEY IN AN HONEST WAY. Several Caribbean Medical schools are good, and if you have a 3.0 or better science gpa, you're pretty much in at MUA, maybe SABA or Ross, which are all graduating and putting MD"s into residencies today. I am not advertising.I used ot be a DC and finally got sick of the shystering in the profession.

Daisy500
03-26-2008, 05:29 PM
So, FOTL,

You don't like the profession you are in right now? I was just wondering. Thanks.

khiro
03-27-2008, 12:11 PM
is a student at MUA-Nevis. So s/he got fed up with chiro...can't blame her/him.

StodeMD
03-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Well, of course, I respect anyone's decision. That is not to say all Chiro's are crooked, that wouldn't be true. It didn't work for me, I'm just a pretty straight shooter and I think the numbers of "practice management" firms, which mostly major on teach "patient compliance" speaks volumes to the issue.

And the fact of the matter is that medicine needs more doc's, especially open minded people.

I know there were Chiro's making it in my town, and many who have had to quit, but most making it were on teh very "alternative" end of our spectrum (combining many non force techniques with nutrition), and were serving people who just beleived them. Just seems like a lot of money for a very tennuous profession that has of necessicty gravitated into lot of selling, seminars, and having to go to those business networking groups that make you feel ill as you're driving away.

Whatever. It' just my opinion, and God's decision. I was drawn into medicine.

So best of luck.

khiro
03-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I agree with your sentiment, as mine is very similar. As far as comparing to chiro, you will have a much better experience with medicine. I wish you the best.

bookite
03-28-2008, 06:25 PM
To each his own. Because of the nature of this board you will get opinion from DC's that are now studying to become MD's. I myself wanted more than Chiropractic could offer so I went to medical school. I enjoyed Chiro school and if I didn't have to work so hard to sell it I may not have moved on to the additional 7 years for med school/residency. After finishing med school I can say I am loving it. I will get to work in an ER seeing patients who's conditions I can fix/change/manage and see results in a short period of time (not the three time a week for three months results). I still enjoy chiropractic and will still on occasion "palpate" ;) family and friends.

As for the OP's question the minimum is 2.5 and if you have it and can finance your education I would say you're in.

StodeMD
03-29-2008, 09:59 AM
thanks for your kind word's.

I appreciate it. medical school is the hardest thing I've ever done, metnally and emotionally, I think, and spiritually. But it is very rewarding, and I'm so glad I've done it.

all the best to you as well.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.