View Full Version : Network54 Main Forum Page 2

02-15-2003, 03:30 PM
where to call to find out correct info
by anon (no login)

If interested in any school or recognition status of any program, the best thing to do is call Ms. Pat Park at the California Medical Board.

Her phone number is 916-263-2367 and she is extremely helpful and informative.

Posted on May 18, 2000, 6:47 PM
from IP address

by Pat Park, Medical Board of Calif. (no login)

Hello. Pacific Basin University requested an application from me on January 10, 2000, and I sent out the application right away. PBU has not completed and sent the application back to me. The application is 95 pages long & asks very intimate questions about a school's resources & facilities. California's review process can take up to two years from the date we receive an application from a new school, so we wouldn't anticipate that a school that recently received the application would return it quickly. Requesting an application packet from this office does not qualify a school to represent itself as being "in the review process in California." Please contact me again if you have additional questions. Pat Park, Foreign Schools Liaison, Medical Board of California.

Posted on May 19, 2000, 10:42 AM
from IP address

No transfer credit
by Pat Park, Calif. Medical Board (no login)

This plan would not work. You cannot become eligible for licensure in California by transferring out of an unrecognized or disapproved medical school into a recognized medical school and graduating from the recognized medical school. ALL of your medical education must be completed in recognized schools. Any required coursework completed in the unrecognized or disapproved medical school would need to be repeated in a recognized medical school, even if you've already graduated. Pat Park, Foreign Schools Liaison, Medical Board of California.

Posted on May 24, 2000, 7:43 AM
from IP address

What do think Pat Park?
by Anonymous (no login)

What do think Pat Park?

With an open minded approach this utilization of technology does seem to accomodate the problems in having to go to a foreign country and also solve the problems of physically having to meet the profs or TAs...which was such a pain in "real life"

I believe that the DLP is a brilliant idea. Congratulations to the one that had the guts to go forward to implement this. your next step is to get accredidation and pass some students through the exams.

But again Beauracrats and conservatives always will make it tough to get onto their side of the fence, they will not likely be open to change because they will probably believe that the system works fine..... look at ME!! (they will say)

Good luck and you should read the article about foriegn med schools at http://www.nejm.org/content/2000/0342/0021/1602.asp

Maybe accredidation thru alliances made with another domestic med school could be a possiblity?

Posted on May 25, 2000, 2:01 AM
from IP address

No state license required?
by Milo (no login)

I have not seen this discussed on this site so I will through it out for thought or discussion. Federal employment. That is working for Civil service,US Public Health Service, Indian Health service,Army,Navy,Air Force, etc basically requires that you have a state license someplace, any state. So it is possible to work full time as a physician say for the veterans administration in California with a license from say,,West Virginia. You would not be able to moonlight in the state but so what? Maybe work as a civil service or Navy physician at the Naval Hospital, San Diego with a license from North Dakota.
What's wrong with that? Nothing that I can see. Just food for thought and as I follow this forum probably food for arguement and phone calls to Pat Park.

Any thoughts on this?


by Guad student (no login)

Yes, you can work in a federal facility with a state license from another state. But you can't moonlight in that state during your off hours. So if you want to practice in CA and attend Saba Univ., you could only do it in a federal facility. I know this to be true because I checked with Pat Park on this question last year.

Posted on Jun 12, 2000, 9:58 AM
from IP address

The Board
by Milo (Login milom)
Forum Moderator

Medical Board of California
Executive Office
1426 Howe Avenue, Suite 54
Sacramento, CA 95825-3236
(916)263-2389 FAX (916)263-2387
Address questions about foreign schools to Pat Park. This is the person who takes care of foreign school questions and is very helpful. You can expect prompt accurate answers.

Posted on Jun 21, 2000, 12:56 PM
from IP address

by PA (Login PA)

Thanks, Milo, for the great info. I talked to Pat Park, and she was very knowledgeable. I asked her about European schools, and she said that all are approved that have been long established schools for those in that particular country, but the new English language programs opening in Eastern Europe are NOT approved by California! Call her to verify this if anyone's interested in going there!

Posted on Jun 22, 2000, 6:39 AM
from IP address

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.