PDA

View Full Version : Advanced standing for clinical...help please

ziggie1971
10-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi all, i am an old grad(2000) and am ecfmg certified (USMLE scores in mid eighties) but dont have a green card yet. Had no luck getting residency for the last 2 years despite one year externship, observerships etc. Now i am thinking of joining a carribean school with an advanced standing and do my clinical rotations in US. Please all you experienced fellows to give some feedback. Its very expensive though...........:confused::roll:

Dr.H
10-06-2007, 12:28 AM
7 years you have then you must repeat the USMLE's step 1 and 2 and most liley 3 for you.

Best option is to teach, learn, take Kaplan and then write the boards, pass the boards again, at the same time youll find residency since youll be applying with a H1B visa.

Or

You sighn up with the school for clinical rotations, but what i dont understand is the fact that this is your first post and i feel like there is something going on here.

ziggie1971
10-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Dr Ho, i am an old grad however my ecfmg certificate is dated 2006 and i cant retake the exmas till 2011.

CARICOM-MED
08-28-2009, 03:18 PM
The first post is REALLY REALLY Silly !
1. Once you PASS any step and are ECFMG certified, You can't retake the exam.
2. Why would go to an OFFSHORE school AGAIN, to "Retake" the clinicals ?? that doesn't make any sense ??
3. If the issue is VISA, then it is VISA, externship should suffice, unless your LOR and CV are Horrific, no idea why you didn't match. Are you trying to match to ONLY Specialty position or FM/ EM / IM will do ?? Which I doubt you even went through the ERAS process, if you fail to recognize basic concepts of the match :)

Think the poster should first see a psychiatrist, and get some Neuroleptics :)

Cheers :)

TriageModerator
08-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Ummm.... the post looks almost two years old to me....

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.