PDA

View Full Version : Source of information about CMU

rlewkowski
10-03-2007, 11:47 PM
There were more than 50 individuals in U.S. who received the fraudulent check like you did. Majority of them called us since they didn’t expect any payments from CMU. Some were trying to cash those checks at different banks and got arrested because they were trying to use checks that were forged. Evilsax is among few people who wanted to get some extra money for nothing and cashed the check and sent money to those scammers.
Don’t blame me or the school for it since we got affected by that scam as well. As I advised you Evilsax in response to your email, please contact your local police immediately or call Officer Gordon at (414) 935 7252, who investigates this case. You may also call our Chase business banker at (847) 673 5829 or Rosemont Police Department to confirm that those checks were forged and that we had filed a police report.
As I see majority of the posts about CMU are false accusations, lies or incorrect information based on assumptions, bad intentions, lack of knowledge or rumors.
Therefore:
1) Regarding the charter please contact the Inspector General of Ministry of Education of Netherland Antilles at +(599) 9 434-3711. Link Onderwijs Inspectie Home (http://www.minoc.an/Inspectie_HomePage.htm)
2) Regarding the courses being valid for ECFMG certification, please contact ECFMG as Dr.Speed did: “Please be advised ECFMG® will list a school in its International Medical Education Directory (IMED) only after we are notified by the ministry of health in that country that they recognize the medical school and from which date they began recognizing graduates of that medical school. Therefore it is not up to ECFMG whether the dates will be retroactive instead it is determined by the Ministry of Health in the country where the school is located.” - link to the post (http://www.valuemd.com/caribbean-medical-university-cmu/143712-charter-may-may-not-problem.html#post678555)
3) Regarding the checks please contact the aforementioned law enforcement agencies.
4) Regarding the Executive Dean’s diploma you may contact SGU
5) Any other issues, our representatives are available by phone, email or LiveHelp during regular business hours in the campus as well as in Chicago Office. Those who believe that our office is located in an appartment /as sjsmstudent stated/ please take a look at the picture of the O'Hare Corporate Center, (http://www.cmumed.org/contactus/oic.htm) where besides our office, Advanced and Phillips are located as well. And those who cannot believe that the CMU/CIU campus is not the 2nd largest education facility in the Caribbean, please take a look at WTC (http://www.cmumed.org/contactus/wtc.htm) photo from Google Earth.
No matter what people are writing on ValueMD, CMU is a legitimate medical school and those who thing that by badmouthing CMU they can make it stop operating are totally wrong. They are just wasting their valuable time.

eastern2western
10-03-2007, 11:56 PM
It looks like the temperature is going to boil again.
1) The truth is cmu lacks of any approval from any of the 50 states and that will make it hard for future graduates to get licenses and find jobs. 2) It is so new that no a lot of lenders are willing to lend money to students who attend the school and that is why cmu has to offer its own loans to attract students
3) Renting a couple of buildings in WTC does not make the place yours. 4) CMU does not offer the lowest price in the whole caribbean medical school community and the tuition it is asking for is quite expensive comparing to other schools that have been around much longer.

rlewkowski
10-04-2007, 12:24 AM
It looks like the temperature is going to boil again.
1) The truth is cmu lacks of any approval from any of the 50 states and that will make it hard for future graduates to get licenses and find jobs in the states.
2) It is so new that no a lot of lenders are willing to lend money to students who attend the school and that is why cmu has to offer its own loans to attract students.
3) Renting a couple of buildings in WTC does not make the place yours. If it is true, then it does not make a lot of sense to waste so much empty space on very few students.
4) CMU does not offer the lowest price in the whole caribbean medical school community and the tuition it is asking for is quite expensive for a start up.

1) Let me just inform you that only 3 states /CA, FL, NY/ require state accreditation for graduates to be able to get licensed in those states. Please show me the approval of other schools that their graduates can get licensed in the remaining 47 states. You provided incorrect information!!!
2) Not a lot of lenders? There is not a single lender that offers student loan to Caribbean medical schools after Sallie Mae dropped them. We don’t want to be affected by another lender discontinuing financial aid; therefore CMU along with MEMG obtained funds from European Financial Institution to allow our students to participate in MedLoan program. CMU acts only as a guarantor of the loan because we are absolutely sure that at least 60-70% of our students pass USMLE exams and get licensed. Any other school can very easily find a lender if they would be able to provide that guaranty. They just don’t want to take that risk. You provided incorrect information!!!
3) Please call the management of WTC and ask them if CMU or CIU is renting any rooms in the complex. They will prove you wrong.
4) The tuition fees cannot be the lowest in the Caribbean since we want to provide QUALITY EDUCATION. Anyone is free to choose a cheaper school. You Get What You Pay For!

Your post simply proves my statement that majority of the posts on this forum are incorrect.

FireFighterMD
10-04-2007, 12:51 AM
R.L , does Curaco have latinas ?

eastern2western
10-04-2007, 01:27 AM
1) Let me just inform you that only 3 states /CA, FL, NY/ require state accreditation for graduates to be able to get licensed in those states. Please show me the approval of other schools that their graduates can get licensed in the remaining 47 states. You provided incorrect information!!!
2) Not a lot of lenders? There is not a single lender that offers student loan to Caribbean medical schools after Sallie Mae dropped them. We don’t want to be affected by another lender discontinuing financial aid; therefore CMU along with MEMG obtained funds from European Financial Institution to allow our students to participate in MedLoan program. CMU acts only as a guarantor of the loan because we are absolutely sure that at least 60-70% of our students pass USMLE exams and get licensed. Any other school can very easily find a lender if they would be able to provide that guaranty. They just don’t want to take that risk. You provided incorrect information!!!
3) Please call the management of WTC and ask them if CMU or CIU is renting any rooms in the complex. They will prove you wrong.
4) The tuition fees cannot be the lowest in the Caribbean since we want to provide QUALITY EDUCATION. Anyone is free to choose a cheaper school. You Get What You Pay For!

Your post simply proves my statement that majority of the posts on this forum are incorrect.
The horse is dead and I am not in the mood to beat it over and over again.

FireFighterMD
10-04-2007, 01:39 AM
The horse is dead and I am not in the mood to beat it over and over again.

hmmm...so you don't fancy ??;)

Yea I see your point tho ... its the same thing ..Teratos said what needed to be said has been said ..

Scott1981
10-04-2007, 06:00 AM

dont forget oregon and every state that uses the cali list. you wouldnt want your students to get a misdemeanor.

RL, its oct 4th already. its amazing that you still dont have a charter. when your students need to take step 1, are you going to instruct them to contact the curacao education dept too because of the continued case of the ghost charter?

stephew
10-04-2007, 08:01 AM
have you honestly not learned that telling others what to think about this is the exact wrong way to go about things?

No matter what people are writing on ValueMD, CMU is a legitimate medical school and those who thing that by badmouthing CMU they can make it stop operating are totally wrong. They are just wasting their valuable time.

stephew
10-04-2007, 08:04 AM
well this is probaly the first time google earth has been referenced as a source. It very least is a large parking lot. In any event size of the school and facilities is pretty way down on your list of means to evaluate this place for your medical education. pick your fights unless you need to distract from the real ones of course.
There were more than 50 individuals in U.S. who received the fraudulent check like you did. Majority of them called us since they didn’t expect any payments from CMU. Some were trying to cash those checks at different banks and got arrested because they were trying to use checks that were forged. Evilsax is among few people who wanted to get some extra money for nothing and cashed the check and sent money to those scammers.
Don’t blame me or the school for it since we got affected by that scam as well. As I advised you Evilsax in response to your email, please contact your local police immediately or call Officer Gordon at (414) 935 7252, who investigates this case. You may also call our Chase business banker at (847) 673 5829 or Rosemont Police Department to confirm that those checks were forged and that we had filed a police report.
As I see majority of the posts about CMU are false accusations, lies or incorrect information based on assumptions, bad intentions, lack of knowledge or rumors.
Therefore:
1) Regarding the charter please contact the Inspector General of Ministry of Education of Netherland Antilles at +(599) 9 434-3711. Link Onderwijs Inspectie Home (http://www.minoc.an/Inspectie_HomePage.htm)
2) Regarding the courses being valid for ECFMG certification, please contact ECFMG as Dr.Speed did: “Please be advised ECFMG® will list a school in its International Medical Education Directory (IMED) only after we are notified by the ministry of health in that country that they recognize the medical school and from which date they began recognizing graduates of that medical school. Therefore it is not up to ECFMG whether the dates will be retroactive instead it is determined by the Ministry of Health in the country where the school is located.” - link to the post (http://www.valuemd.com/caribbean-medical-university-cmu/143712-charter-may-may-not-problem.html#post678555)
3) Regarding the checks please contact the aforementioned law enforcement agencies.
4) Regarding the Executive Dean’s diploma you may contact SGU
5) Any other issues, our representatives are available by phone, email or LiveHelp during regular business hours in the campus as well as in Chicago Office. Those who believe that our office is located in an appartment /as sjsmstudent stated/ please take a look at the picture of the O'Hare Corporate Center, (http://www.cmumed.org/contactus/oic.htm) where besides our office, Advanced and Phillips are located as well. And those who cannot believe that the CMU/CIU campus is not the 2nd largest education facility in the Caribbean, please take a look at WTC (http://www.cmumed.org/contactus/wtc.htm)photo from Google Earth.

SChoir
10-04-2007, 10:06 AM
RL-thank you for clearing up a ALOT. I think people need to present factual information or go find something else to do. I wish you could have done this sooner.

RL is not lying. The office is indeed located where he says it is in Chicago. I went there. In addition, if you contact St. Georges University you will find that the Executive Dean DID in fact graduate from their institution in 2003.

Further, I spoke with Officer Gordon and he is indeed investigating this scam of forgery. RL- this was due to the fact that on your website you have all of your banking informtion. If you are able, you may want to remove it for your security. That is why the scammers were able to reproduce checks. They simply used the banking information you have for public viewing online. There are people out there that do this for a living, and you gave them to the key by providing them with your banking information. Be careful.

As far as the charter, has anyone visited this slow motion island? I did. They do everything SLOW SLOW SLOW. They grocery shop in slow motion, the talk in slow motion, they serve you food in slow motion- and that's a good thing in some aspects because we rush to do everything here in the US and suffer heart attacks and strokes.

Anyone with facts, please support them as RL did with phone numbers, contacts, links, etc. Anyone with heresay- go read a book.

rlewkowski
10-04-2007, 10:30 AM
I couldn’t do it earlier I was banned by the one of the moderators. He gave me an infraction for "I'm surprised by your readying skills" and at the same time tolerated "scam, liar, fraud, fake, diploma mill, criminally taken money from students" which was simply not fair.

The transfer account details are not confidential since most U.S. schools have a special account for wire transfers. No one is protected from this kind of scam. If you issue a check to someone, the person would have all your account information since it’s printed on each check. The problem was that some people made the transfer to those scammers without first making sure that the check gets cleared. On top of that they tried to cash a check that they never expected. None of those who received those fraudulent checks were connected to CMU, majority didn’t even know about the school, yet they tried to accept a payment that they were not entitled to and what is even worse they transferred portion of the amount to those scammers.

When I talked to the police officers and our bank, we came to the conclusion that there is no way to stop this kind of activity since every day there are thousands of checks being issued and to order printable checks online, all you need is a routing and an account number.

Scott1981
10-04-2007, 10:30 AM
RL-thank you for clearing up a ALOT. I think people need to shut up and go find something else to do. I wish you could have done this sooner.

As far as the charter, has anyone visited this slow motion island? I did. They do everything SLOW SLOW SLOW. They grocery shop in slow motion, the talk in slow motion, they serve you food in slow motion- and that's a good thing in some aspects because we rush to do everything here in the US and suffer heart attacks and strokes.

not a very eloquent choice of words.

as far as the charter, everything in the caribbean moves "slow slow slow." very very true. HOWEVER, even with the "slow slow slow", no other medical school in the carib had a problem getting a charter like cmu is having. when it walks like a dog and barks like a dog.... guess what.... it is a dog. last school to have charter problems like this (ie couldnt produce a charter) was st chris. there were plenty of people on their forum that defended the school even while it was falling to the ground. now look at their forum, just a bunch of contact information for lawyers and class action lawsuits.

rlewkowski
10-04-2007, 10:35 AM
no other medical school in the carib had a problem getting a charter like cmu is having.

What about Xavier? They lost it and finally got it back. Now they are fine.
Another proof of incorrect information.

Scott1981
10-04-2007, 10:43 AM
What about Xavier? They lost it and finally got it back. Now they are fine.
Another proof of incorrect information.

you are correct. i still would not have recommended anybody set foot in that school either at the time.

so we are left with many flyby night carib schools with questionable motives/reputations (ie st theresas) that had ZERO problems getting a charter before the opened. then you have 2 schools that had charter issues. one had disasterous consequences for their students (st chris) and anothers consequences are still up in the air (xavier....... dont know the complete story.....may or may not be similar cmu situation.... dont know future repercussions on their students yet..... but ultimetely got a charter).

so we have 30+ med schools that had no problems with their charters. then you have 3 that did..... cmu, st chris, and xavier. xavier eventually got a charter (dont know what happened to the students in the school during the fiasco).

RL, cmu is not in the greatest company.

lswiltshire
10-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Schoir

You are indeed a newbie. You write
In addition, if you contact St. Georges University you will find that the Executive Dean DID in fact graduate from their institution in 2003.

I understand by your note that the Executive Dean of CMU GRADUATED FROM SGU IN 2003—I.E 4 YEARS AGO?

No serious medical school in the world has an Executive Dean who has only been a doctor for four years? HE HAS NOT PRACTICED MEDICINE LONG ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO GUIDE A MEDICAL SCHOOL. HE HAS NOT TAUGHT MEDICINE LONG ENOUGH TO GUIDE A MEDICAL SCHOOL.

Schoir. You are indeed a newbie.

BY YOUR POST YOU INDICATE THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MEDICAL SCHOOLS!

rlewkowski
10-04-2007, 11:10 AM
you are correct. i still would not have recommended anybody set foot in that school either at the time.

so we are left with many flyby night carib schools with questionable motives/reputations (ie st theresas) that had ZERO problems getting a charter before the opened. then you have 2 schools that had charter issues. one had disasterous consequences for their students (st chris) and anothers consequences are still up in the air (xavier....... dont know the complete story.....may or may not be similar cmu situation.... dont know future repercussions on their students yet..... but ultimetely got a charter).

so we have 30+ med schools that had no problems with their charters. then you have 3 that did..... cmu, st chris, and xavier. xavier eventually got a charter (dont know what happened to the students in the school during the fiasco).

RL, cmu is not in the greatest company.

I’m not saying the CMU is the greatest company. I strongly advise all students to try to get into U.S. med school first, than SGU, AUC, Ross or Saba, than others. However some students have financial limitations, some don’t have required GPA, and some haven’t taken MCAT, etc.

The problem with the charter has come up because St. Martinus claimed to have exclusive right to operate a medical school on the island. That has been clarified already. Please contact the Ministry of Education and they will tell you we would get a charter.

Xavier operated without a charter for more than one year. You can’t compare CMU to St. Chris since the operated in U.K. with a charter issued by Senegal Government.
You should understand that the charter is not given forever. Every recently established school can lose it if they don’t comply with the Government regulations.

SChoir
10-04-2007, 11:11 AM
RL- as I stated before, let all these people with their "Jerry Springer" opinions show you facts. They are simply bashing with no merit. RL- are you able to post the charter application? Or an email from one of the officals in Curacao stating that the charter is in the process of being signed?

Your institution is just beginning. It is a new school. Just like any other, it must go through "rough" times. I am in the legal profession, so I know that "heresay" and "emotions" are to be kept out of any debate. The only things that ever prevail are truth, facts, law and proof.

You have invested your time, money, and energy into this. Everyone knows were your office is, how to reach you, and what your real name is. Scammers do not disclose such information. They merely take your money and run. You have probably invested more than you made thus far.

RL- focus on the students you have- make sure they don't lose morale. They read this garbage and they need to focus. They are the ones you need to encourage not anyone else.

lswiltshire
10-04-2007, 11:22 AM
SCOTT 1981 is quite correct. There are several offshore medical schools around that had no problem getting a charter. We all remember st chris . I was personally involved with the fiasco at SPSOM & IMSA which had to come to a halt without a charter or IMED listing. It has been awful experience for many involved.

Prospective students should not depend on whatever has happened at Xavier as an example of what might happen at CMU, since one does not yet know the future repercussions on their students. As SCOTT 1981 consequences for their students are still up in the air.

Prospective students should avoid CMU and any school that fails to do things correctly.

SChoir
10-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Schoir. You are indeed a newbie.

BY YOUR POST YOU INDICATE THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MEDICAL SCHOOLS!

You are correct. I do not know much about medical schools- can you explain? I am in the legal profession and am trying to gather facts. No attacks please. Thanks!

rlewkowski
10-04-2007, 11:34 AM
You are correct. I do not know much about medical schools- can you explain? I am in the legal profession and am trying to gather facts. No attacks please. Thanks!

Good advice: Please read some previous posts of those who badmouth CMU. Lswiltshire did in fact badmouth other schools in the past so she is not a good source of genuine information about med schools. Just read previous posts.

SChoir
10-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Ok RL- can you please address my question pertaining to the application of your charter. Are you able to post same?

SChoir
10-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Good advice: Please read some previous posts of those who badmouth CMU. Lswiltshire did in fact badmouth other schools in the past so she is not a good source of genuine information about med schools. Just read previous posts.

"The classic Ad Hominem attack is one that substitutes a (mostly) irrelevant personal attack on the author of an argument instead of logically or factually disputing the argument itself. "

RL- please do not attack the source of the argument, but rather, the argument itself.

I am trying to defend you- please allow me to. Thanks.

lswiltshire
10-04-2007, 12:25 PM

First Mr RL Lswiltshire is very male! And Second Lswiltshire does not badmouth bogus medical schools HE TELLS THE TRUTH ABOUT DEFECTS IN SUCH SCHOOLS! .

Lswiltshire is not a bad source of genuine information about bogus med schools but a good source because he has the experience.

Mr Rl unlike you LSWILTHIRE graduated from a bone fide medical school and has taught in medical schools, and has actually practiced medicine.

28 years of these exercises enables him to know that it is unreasonable to expect a person who has only graduated from a medical school for FOUR YEARS to provide leadership to a fledgling school which has lost the plot!

I know of no school in which the leadership is embroiled in so much controversy. MR RL you had good practice in mal practice at the school from which you defected. {pardon the pun} But instead of changing your ways in your new venture- and I was rooting for you initially- instead of being patient and gathering folk around you that could guide you in paths of righteousness you have devolved into attacking every thing said about your school on this forum. I have never seen a school’s president with so much time to deal with such basic issues.

You can sing your songs as much as you like. Over the long haul the posts on valueMd will reveal CMU for what you are. Where there is smoke their is fire. Already you have no more cheerleaders, and soon even the few students you have will see the posts about CMU are TRUE, are FACTS, and correct information based on research, the desire to warn prospective students of a poor school and based on experience. The forum is running you ragged, as we say in cricket.

RL WE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN ONLY PRACTICE WHAT YOU WERE TAUGHT.

RL ma boy, true argument is based on facts!

evilsax
10-04-2007, 12:27 PM
RL I have no bad intentions. I am out a lot of money. I'm the victim here. If it is as you say and someone forged your name then you have nothing to worry about. If you really did send out those checks you have a lot to worry about.
But I've written no false accusations. Your name really is on the checks. Now whether it's really your signature or not remains an open question. But I want to figure out which it is.
If you are telling the truth then you were a victim of these people too. But I don't know with all due respect if you're telling the truth or not. I've been defrauded and therefore don't know who to believe. I need to get to the bottom of this. You have no right to impugn my intentions and credibility.
Now most of you aren't victims of a bad check, but there seems to be some question as to the real status of CMU it's real standing. That's an issue that other people have brought up first not me. I've just read what they've turned up and it questions the integrity of CMU as a medical school. So when a check with RLs name on it bounces it leads to further questions as his credibility is already in question due to the questions about the school accreditation and charter
I just want to get to the bottom of this. Please don't attach my motives RL you have no grounds. If your innocent then help me find whose guilty. When I figure out who it really was I can move on.

stephew
10-04-2007, 12:40 PM
i shall call sgu right now and find out about this "executive dean".

DOC.p
10-04-2007, 12:44 PM
i shall call sgu right now and find out about this "executive dean".
i'm dying to find out

rlewkowski
10-04-2007, 12:47 PM
If your innocent then help me find whose guilty. When I figure out who it really was I can move on.

I can provide you with whatever help you need to find who is guilty, however there is not much I can do since it is the police that is doing the investigation. I gave you all the contact information that you may need in order to persue the case. We have lost some money at the beginning as well since some of those checks got cleared. We finally got a refund from our bank. The only mistake that you did was sending money to someone that you didnt know before making sure the check was genuine.
As I stated in the email I sent to you, please contact your local police as soon as possible.

stephew
10-04-2007, 12:49 PM
if the executive dean is this guy. (http://www.cmumed.org/academics/faculty/das.htm) then according to sgu's dean's office after a preliminary search, he is not a grad of sgu. They will look further into their data base. please correct if this is not the person you are calling the exec dean.

stephew
10-04-2007, 12:50 PM
negative commenary is hardly evidence of low credibility.

"The classic Ad Hominem attack is one that substitutes a (mostly) irrelevant personal attack on the author of an argument instead of logically or factually disputing the argument itself. "

RL- please do not attack the source of the argument, but rather, the argument itself.

I am trying to defend you- please allow me to. Thanks.

stephew
10-04-2007, 12:51 PM
errorvvvvvv

dt
10-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Hire lswiltshire as your new executive dean. that should bring some credibility to your school.

Scott1981
10-04-2007, 01:14 PM
RL- are you able to post the charter application? Or an email from one of the officals in Curacao stating that the charter is in the process of being signed?

Your institution is just beginning. It is a new school. Just like any other, it must go through "rough" times. I am in the legal profession, so I know that "heresay" and "emotions" are to be kept out of any debate. The only things that ever prevail are truth, facts, law and proof.

we have been trying to get him to post this stuff. he never does. you are correct in that the only things that prevail are truth, facts, law, and proof. RL has not been able to provide any of them.

try hard to get him to post

Scott1981
10-04-2007, 01:15 PM
if the executive dean is this guy. (http://www.cmumed.org/academics/faculty/das.htm) then according to sgu's dean's office after a preliminary search, he is not a grad of sgu. They will look further into their data base. please correct if this is not the person you are calling the exec dean.

keep following this thread steph, im really curious about this as well.

SChoir
10-04-2007, 01:18 PM
The executive Dean is actually a man named [edited: proper names NOT permitted]- 33 years old. I called the registrars office of SGU and confirmed. He was a grad in 2003. He is not licensed in any US state. Again, these are facts.

However, I do not know what they mean...

Scott1981
10-04-2007, 02:49 PM
steph, this is the guy:
name edited. (http://www.cmumed.org/academics/faculty/******.htm)

now, im assuming he has not completed a residency in the United States. By CMU's standard, I will have the same amount of qualifications for the job in under 5 months as this guy. SCARY :shock:

eastern2western
10-04-2007, 04:01 PM
steph, this is the guy:
edited (http://www.cmumed.org/academics/faculty/******.htm) name

now, im assuming he has not completed a residency in the United States. By CMU's standard, I will have the same amount of qualifications for the job in under 5 months as this guy. SCARY :shock:
Dude, I do not even need research to know that. If u have a license to practice medicine in the us, would u be teaching in an obscure caribbean medical school or work in a us hospital?

eastern2western
10-04-2007, 04:13 PM
I’m not saying the CMU is the greatest company. I strongly advise all students to try to get into U.S. med school first, than SGU, AUC, Ross or Saba, than others. However some students have financial limitations, some don’t have required GPA, and some haven’t taken MCAT, etc.

The problem with the charter has come up because St. Martinus claimed to have exclusive right to operate a medical school on the island. That has been clarified already. Please contact the Ministry of Education and they will tell you we would get a charter.

Xavier operated without a charter for more than one year. You can’t compare CMU to St. Chris since the operated in U.K. with a charter issued by Senegal Government.
You should understand that the charter is not given forever. Every recently established school can lose it if they don’t comply with the Government regulations.
The best choicest in caribbeans are still the oldest schools first because they have the most graduates and they are the stablest.

rlewkowski
10-04-2007, 04:25 PM
The best choicest in caribbeans are still the oldest schools first because they have the most graduates and they are the stablest.

I totally agree with you, but again some students have limitations.

SChoir
10-04-2007, 04:30 PM
RL- you provide the link to the minister of education. May you please advise with whom we are to speak to?

Many thanks.

rlewkowski
10-04-2007, 04:45 PM
RL- you provide the link to the minister of education. May you please advise with whom we are to speak to?

Many thanks.

I would be happy to do that but the TOS of ValueMD dont allow to put any names. But if you call them and ask for CMU charter, they would transfer you to someone handling it.

Scott1981
10-04-2007, 04:49 PM
I would be happy to do that but the TOS of ValueMD dont allow to put any names. But if you call them and ask for CMU charter, they would transfer you to someone handling it.

RL, PM the name to SChoir. its that simple and within TOS. or you can post the initials of the person from the minister of education website that lists all the names.

SChoir
10-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Yes, please. Kindly give me the initials. There are only two people that it could be or PM me. Either one works :).

Scott1981
10-04-2007, 04:55 PM
RL from the website Onderwijs Inspectie Home (http://www.minoc.an/Inspectie_HomePage.htm)

is it inspector # 758, 771, 741, 751, 756, 757 748, or 706?

you can answer it out in the open, all within TOS.

rlewkowski
10-04-2007, 04:56 PM
RL, PM the name to SChoir. its that simple and within TOS. or you can post the initials of the person from the minister of education website that lists all the names.

I already did. If youj look at my first post you'll see

The name of General Inspector is also there.

rlewkowski
10-04-2007, 04:58 PM
RL from the website Onderwijs Inspectie Home (http://www.minoc.an/Inspectie_HomePage.htm)

is it inspector # 758, 771, 741, 751, 756, 757 748, or 706?

you can answer it out in the open, all within TOS.

It's Inspecteur Generaal /General Inspector/ at 758

Scott1981
10-04-2007, 04:58 PM
SChoir, keep us informed with what you find out. post the correspondence, but edit the email addys and names to keep within TOS.

SChoir
10-04-2007, 05:31 PM
I just spoke with someone in the ministry of education's office. He states that CMU has indeed applied for a charter but that the government will not grant them one. He stated that he has explained this to CMU offcials over and over again. The reason being that

POLITICAL CONDITIONS
In the parliamentary elections of January 27, 2006, the Antillean Restructuring Party (PAR) gained 5 of the 14 seats available in Curaçao, an increase of one seat from the 2002 elections. The PAR had emphasized unity in its electoral campaign with its popular new leader Emily de Jongh-Elhage. Former Prime Minister Etienne Ys had earlier stepped down as party leader. The Workers’ Liberation Front (FOL) emerged with only 2 seats (5 seats in 2002), while the Labor Party People’s Crusade (PLKP) did not get sufficient votes for a single seat (2 seats in 2002). During a previous government, FOL leader Anthony Godett had been convicted of corruption by local courts, which was later affirmed by the Supreme Court in the Netherlands. A coalition government was formed by the PAR, together with the National People’s Party (PNP), St. Maarten’s Democratic Party (DP--St. Maarten) and National Alliance (NA), and Bonaire’s Patriotic Union of Bonaire (UPB).

Voters in the Netherlands Antilles have opted to dismantle the Netherlands Antilles and create new structures between the various islands and the Kingdom. St. Maarten and Curacao have opted for an autonomous country status within the Kingdom similar to Aruba's status. Saba, Sint Eustatius, and Bonaire have opted for closer ties to the Kingdom.

He stated that therefore, the Netherland Antilles will not RECOGNIZE NOR ACCREDIT ANY university within the N.A. These university's are merely "offshore businesses" as far as he is concerned.

He says he has received numerous complaints from the USA and they are trying to find a way to deal with this issue.

So- in the meantime, RL will collect and collect and collect to and there will be no charter and no IMED recognition.

eastern2western
10-04-2007, 05:35 PM
I just spoke with someone in the ministry of education's office. He states that CMU has indeed applied for a charter but that the government will not grant them one. He stated that he has explained this to CMU offcials over and over again. The reason being that

POLITICAL CONDITIONS
In the parliamentary elections of January 27, 2006, the Antillean Restructuring Party (PAR) gained 5 of the 14 seats available in Curaçao, an increase of one seat from the 2002 elections. The PAR had emphasized unity in its electoral campaign with its popular new leader Emily de Jongh-Elhage. Former Prime Minister Etienne Ys had earlier stepped down as party leader. The Workers’ Liberation Front (FOL) emerged with only 2 seats (5 seats in 2002), while the Labor Party People’s Crusade (PLKP) did not get sufficient votes for a single seat (2 seats in 2002). During a previous government, FOL leader Anthony Godett had been convicted of corruption by local courts, which was later affirmed by the Supreme Court in the Netherlands. A coalition government was formed by the PAR, together with the National People’s Party (PNP), St. Maarten’s Democratic Party (DP--St. Maarten) and National Alliance (NA), and Bonaire’s Patriotic Union of Bonaire (UPB).

Voters in the Netherlands Antilles have opted to dismantle the Netherlands Antilles and create new structures between the various islands and the Kingdom. St. Maarten and Curacao have opted for an autonomous country status within the Kingdom similar to Aruba's status. Saba, Sint Eustatius, and Bonaire have opted for closer ties to the Kingdom.

He stated that therefore, the Netherland Antilles will not RECOGNIZE NOR ACCREDIT ANY university within the N.A. These university's are merely "offshore businesses" as far as he is concerned.

He says he has received numerous complaints from the USA and they are trying to find a way to deal with this issue.

So- in the meantime, RL will collect and collect and collect to and there will be no charter and no IMED recognition.
Dude, that is just one big nail to the coffin.
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:7pHvbqHYpfgG3M:http://blog.scifi.com/tech/pics/coffin.jpg (http://blog.scifi.com/tech/pics/coffin.jpg)
One picture speaks a thousand words.

DOC.p
10-04-2007, 05:42 PM

POLITICAL CONDITIONS

wow, so what about the new school that just opened up in St. Kitts (or about to in Jan). they got a charter...aren't they in the NA?

Scott1981
10-04-2007, 05:46 PM
wow, so what about the new school that just opened up in St. Kitts (or about to in Jan). they got a charter...aren't they in the NA?

st kitts is its own country. i believe it is called st christopher and nevis. they are not N.A.

i already know what RL is going to say. he is going to say that the application is with the curacao govt and not the netherlands antilles govt.

stephew
10-04-2007, 05:47 PM
will call sgu in the am about
this guy. (http://www.cmumed.org/academics/faculty/******.htm)

ol' man
10-04-2007, 05:49 PM

The federation of St. Kitts/Nevis is not part of the N. A.

SChoir
10-04-2007, 05:50 PM
The southern group, of which Aruba is geographically a part, includes Curaçao (http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9028242/Curacao) and Bonaire (http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9080547/Bonaire), which lie less than 50 miles off the Venezuelan coast. The northern group includes Sint Eustatius (http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9067951/Sint-Eustatius), Saba (http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9064598/Saba), and the southern part of Saint Martin (http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9064921/Saint-Martin) (called Sint Maarten), the other part being administered by the French territory of Guadeloupe. Although the northern islands are referred to as “Windward” by locals, geographically this group lies within the Leeward Islands of the Lesser Antilles. The capital and largest city is Willemstad, on Curaçao.

DOC.p
10-04-2007, 05:50 PM
The federation of St. Kitts/Nevis is not part of the N. A.
wasn't sure...thanks for the clarification.

stephew
10-04-2007, 05:52 PM
i will let you know in the am. However lets say he is an sgu grad. Having a recent grad as a dean certainly not terribly impressive. but it doesnt speak for how well he'll do. CMU has a LOT to answer to- at this point I would never recommend someone going there until these many answers are cleared up as there are SO MANY other (ie better) choices for offshore med ed right now. But too much is being made of the whole dean thing even if he is a legitimate sgu grad. Its not disgraceful, its just nothing at all to brag about per se.

stephew
10-04-2007, 05:53 PM
actually, you may post the names of gov't officals who are elected to p ublic office.. or pm the guy.

SChoir
i checked yesterday with the registrars office. he graduated in 2003. however, he is not liscensed in the us.

rlewkowski

Who did you talk to? Initials or PM me
If Netherland Antilles will not recognize nor accredit any university within N.A. then AUC, St. Martinus, Saba, Saint James, Xavier, Saint Eustatius will disappear from IMED since the government recognition is a requirement for being listed.
Second you couldn’t have just spoken to the Ministry since they close at 4 and at the time of your post it was 6:31 PM over there.

stephew
10-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Dude, I do not even need research to know that. If u have a license to practice medicine in the us, would u be teaching in an obscure caribbean medical school or work in a us hospital?
he probably would be interested in a good financial stake and that's why he'd take the job.
and folks- NO PROPER NAMES!!! I will give infractions after this if it continues as I dont want to chace people around and you are responsible for knowing tos. Public officials are ok exceptions (ie gov't people etc).

stephew
10-04-2007, 05:56 PM
so you are accusing him of lying then?

If Netherland Antilles will not recognize nor accredit any university within N.A. then AUC, St. Martinus, Saba, Saint James, Xavier, Saint Eustatius will disappear from IMED since the government recognition is a requirement for being listed.
Second you couldn’t have just spoken to the Ministry since they close at 4 and at the time of your post it was 6:31 PM over there.

stephew
10-04-2007, 05:58 PM
before claming vmd has been unfair to you, i invite you to consider the NUMEROUS (documented) requests for you to edit violations tos even before you got the first infraction.

I couldn’t do it earlier I was banned by the one of the moderators. He gave me an infraction for "I'm surprised by your readying skills" and at the same time tolerated "scam, liar, fraud, fake, diploma mill, criminally taken money from students" which was simply not fair.

The transfer account details are not confidential since most U.S. schools have a special account for wire transfers. No one is protected from this kind of scam. If you issue a check to someone, the person would have all your account information since it’s printed on each check. The problem was that some people made the transfer to those scammers without first making sure that the check gets cleared. On top of that they tried to cash a check that they never expected. None of those who received those fraudulent checks were connected to CMU, majority didn’t even know about the school, yet they tried to accept a payment that they were not entitled to and what is even worse they transferred portion of the amount to those scammers.

When I talked to the police officers and our bank, we came to the conclusion that there is no way to stop this kind of activity since every day there are thousands of checks being issued and to order printable checks online, all you need is a routing and an account number.

SChoir
10-04-2007, 05:59 PM
I will not answer any of RL's questions until he answers ours.

Where is the application for the charter?
Why does the charter listed on yuor website say October 2001? (typo?)
Why did you lie on your website?
Why do you say you have 20 students- when you have no where close to that?
Why are you doing this to people?
Why is the check issue being checked on my the Miwaukee police dept? and not the county in IL in which you live and do business?

stephew
10-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Schoir- now that you are seeing the problem i suggest tyhat you search the many mANY threads where these questions have been asked.. and see if they've been answered to anyone satisfaction .

Why is the check issue being checked on my the Miwaukee police dept? and not the county in IL in which you live and do business?

Scott1981
10-04-2007, 06:01 PM

well, looks like cmu is the odd one out without a charter and having to deal with the current politcal climate in the netherland antilles. all the other schools have their charters already, cmu missed the boat on this one. its going to be that much harder for you to get it having to deal with the beaurocratic uncertainty. cmu will have to navigate through the mess and im sure its going to take a long time. hence, the students are going to be the ones affected the most.

that is, if what Schoir posted was accurate.

Scott1981
10-04-2007, 06:03 PM

let me be the first to officially welcome you to the party ;).

SChoir
10-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by rlewkowski http://www.valuemd.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.valuemd.com/caribbean-medical-university-cmu/143910-source-information-about-cmu-6.html#post681259)

No, they will not disappear. Laws do not go BACKWARDS they go FORWARD. Those university's were already accredited- that remains. However, any NEW ones will not be. This is law school 101. :):shock:

eastern2western
10-04-2007, 06:08 PM

RL is a person who likes to refer to his legal team whenever he runs into questions that concern charter.
1) That is what everyone has been waiting for since the opening of this school and everyone is still waiting.
2) Websites are designed for advertisment and they are designed to deliver a sales pitch.
3) Maybe CMU is counting the imaginary students.
4) Money is the root of all evil
5)RL runs numerous international businesses and he could have checks in multiple state in multiple accounts.

rlewkowski
10-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by rlewkowski http://www.valuemd.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.valuemd.com/caribbean-medical-university-cmu/143910-source-information-about-cmu-6.html#post681259)

No, they will not disappear. Laws do not go BACKWARDS they go FORWARD. Those university's were already accredited- that remains. However, any NEW ones will not be. This is law school 101. :):shock:

Recognitions and accreditations are not given forever. The charters only state that a school can issue MD degrees. CURRENT recognition of Ministry of Health or Education is required for a school to be listed in IMED

SChoir
10-04-2007, 06:13 PM
LEGAL TEAM? PERFECT! Legal is my middle name. I am also in the legal profession- RL-what's you lawyer's name? If he and I chat- I assure you, this saga will all end. I will ensure that this forum does not slander you through its libel any longer.

In fact, if the accusations made are indeed false- I will represent you and your institution RL- PRO BONO. Deal?:rolleyes:

stephew
10-04-2007, 06:14 PM
lawyers love to threaten suits to harrass and intimidate, dont they?
LEGAL TEAM? PERFECT! Legal is my middle name. I am also in the legal profession- RL-what's you lawyer's name? If he and I chat- I assure you, this saga will all end. I will ensure that this forum does not slander you through its libel any longer.

In fact, if the accusations made are indeed false- I will represent you and your institution RL- PRO BONO. Deal?:rolleyes:

SChoir
10-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Nope- we just want the truth :). I said PRO BONO :D

stephew
10-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Nope- we just want the truth :). I said PRO BONO :D
monitary is just one form of reward.

eastern2western
10-04-2007, 06:20 PM

When we asked him for a charter last time, he never delivered the actual charter and told everyone to speak to his legal counsel.
http://www.valuemd.com/caribbean-medical-university-cmu/142547-charter-issues.html

SChoir
10-04-2007, 06:23 PM
I emailed the consumer advocate for the United States- looks like they know all about this..this was his response:

Ann has asked me to respond to your email.

CMU, and quite a few other Carib. schools are questionable. CMU has an additional problem because it is in Curacao which has some unique issues due to its political situation with Holland,etc. I believe I would write to the govt there and complain as to what you see. The govt. is apparently aware of CMU but is doing nothing about it and this could be because of no complaints. Try contacting the local newspaper there and explaining what you see and maybe they'll investigate.

as you may be aware www.valuemd.com (http://www.valuemd.com/) has CMU figured out due to student reports and my guess is that students are quickly catching on.

DH, consumer advocate

stephew
10-04-2007, 06:32 PM
i will only say this one more time: NO PERSONAL NAMES ON THIS BOARD. Infractions will follow if this continues.

SChoir
10-04-2007, 06:34 PM
oh, i thought that govt officials were ok- im sorry

stephew
10-04-2007, 06:35 PM
govt officals are- DH isnt- no problem if it was just a misunderstanding.

Scott1981
10-04-2007, 06:36 PM
I emailed the consumer advocate for the United States- looks like they know all about this..this was his response:

CMU, and quite a few other Carib. schools are questionable. CMU has an additional problem because it is in Curacao which has some unique issues due to its political situation with Holland,etc. I believe I would write to the govt there and complain as to what you see. The govt. is apparently aware of CMU but is doing nothing about it and this could be because of no complaints. Try contacting the local newspaper there and explaining what you see and maybe they'll investigate.

as you may be aware www.valuemd.com (http://www.valuemd.com/) has CMU figured out due to student reports and my guess is that students are quickly catching on.

DH, consumer advocate

im surprised how many govt agencies keep up to date with vmd.

eastern2western
10-04-2007, 06:47 PM

DH, consumer advocate
I have to question the legitimacy of your email. First, what exact agency did u emailed to because there is not such thing as consumer advocate for the United States? Is it federal or local. 2nd, it is relatively rare that a government agency, federal or local, uses some online blog as a source of reference? Third, government agencies usually do not notice a company unless there is a tremendous amount of complains file against the company from citizens. However, one of your statement says the government is aware of cmu but there is no complains filed. You have been doing good so far, but this post just shows puts you in a very questionable light.

rokshana
10-04-2007, 07:09 PM

funny, how on this SLOW, SLOW, SLOW island that CMU opened way to FAST.

most of us here have lived in the caribbean for 2 year, yes we know how slow things work- THAT is not the issue - the isssues are the numerous lies, and excuses, and spin that has been posted here and on the cmu website

SChoir
10-04-2007, 08:33 PM
I have to question the legitimacy of your email. First, what exact agency did u emailed to because there is not such thing as consumer advocate for the United States? Is it federal or local. 2nd, it is relatively rare that a government agency, federal or local, uses some online blog as a source of reference? Third, government agencies usually do not notice a company unless there is a tremendous amount of complains file against the company from citizens. However, one of your statement says the government is aware of cmu but there is no complains filed. You have been doing good so far, but this post just shows puts you in a very questionable light.

PM me- i'll show the you the entire email. However, just to answer your questions

This was not an online blog I actually emailed this official

His email to me stated that the Curacao govt is aware not the US govt. The Curacao govt isnt doing anything to stop this. The US govt has no jurisdiction due to the fact that this is an overseas operation.

lswiltshire
10-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Below in red italics are the words of RL in which he bad mouthed SJMS. This appeared in a very early post on the CMU forum. Because of my great “love” for SJMS I posted my observations below RL’s comments- which are for once true, according to my eperiences.

The point I am making here is --yes SJMS was/is an awful place, but that is where SJMS got his training about running medical schools. Once RL was eventually fired by Huha he spilled is guts about SJMS (and as you can see by my comments) I agree with him, although at the time I did not post my opinions. How is it that RL thinks that he can criticize SJMS where he learned all the mal practice he knows, and now he expects that he will not get whipped today on the same forum.

I was glad to read of the advent of CMU, and wanted it to succeed and cause the closure of both SJMS and Xavier….. I even wrote words to this effect on valueMD. I hoped that RL would ensure that all the evils he witnessed at SJMS, would not happen at CMU. Unfortunately this has not happened.

I had kept these notes below on my desk top for months, but must release them now….because RL simply will not learn. He is too haughty. He must be taught the Biblical injunction PRIDE GOETH BEFORE A FALL

RL DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD LOVE THEM TO DO UNTO YOU
WHEN YOU STARTED SPEAKING ILL OF SJMS, DID YOU NOT THINK THAT YOUR TURN WOULD COME? WELL IT HAS

***** ********* writes .
We don’t recruit professors from St. James. They send their applications to our university but the Vice Dean simply refused them since they are not qualified and don’t meet our standards None of them is even MD!!!!

I have no difficulty in believing what is said above. In my first six months working at St Marts I received several applications or and met several persons who were working at SJMS who were seeking employment at SJMS. They all wanted to get away from SJMS.

It may very well be true also that SJMS may now have a poor staff complement who may not even be MD’s because the turnover of staff has been so very high in the schools existence, that it is not impossible that they are now scraping the barrel. Perhaps God is intervening, because it is true that HE does direct the affairs of men.

***** ********* writes . I personally think that the students at St. James are being scammed

Well I know that they must be getting scammed and I know for a fact that much that is said by RL is fact………..plain FACT! BUT...........

NOW WE KNOW THAT RL MIGHT ALSO BE A MED SCHOOL SCAMMER.......welll what do you expect? HE IS PRACTICING WHAT HE LEARNED

we calculated the real USMLE rate and is about 28%.

Judging by the class I taught about 2/3 should not have been in medical school, and were unlikely to pass USMLE, because they could not do simple exercises even with the text books!

The owner treats students almost like slaves since you won’t get transcripts until you pay $6000 fine for transferring.

Actually the owner treats everyone like slaves! I have never been to a more oppressing place. Within the first two hours that I spent there, I wanted to leave and knew that was not the place for me.

The owner will make you all kinds of promises in writing. Promising to move heaven and earth. Anything to get you to Bonaire. But when you get there, you soon find that SJMS is a nightmare! Every single promise is broken. There is a lawyer in Bonaire that probably makes a living by handling the grievances of former students and staff at SJMS.

TALKING ABOUT MAKING AND BREAKING PROMISES............seems RL learned his lessons well!

There are no improvements in the St. James facilities whatsoever even though the profit for last year was more than $1,000,000. Rather the owner spends this profit on his expensive house with a swimming pool, cars and putting it on his savings account. He probably spends more money on the gasoline for his Lexus than on rent of the main school building, which looks worse than a grand school.

Part of the facilities for SJMS is an abandoned primary school with asbestos roofs. Once one of the teachers fell through the flooring. It is an abomination and insulting and totally unacceptable, that a human could consider that he should offer the facilities as offered at SJMS to another human.

THERE HAS BEEN NO IMPROVEMENTS IN RL's ATTITUDE SINCE THE VALUEMD POSSE HAS FOUND HIM OUT TO BE LESS THAN TRUTHFUL

Students coming from St. James to CMU open house were taking pictures of the toilet paper in the rest rooms on our campus because they have to carry their own toilet paper to use on their campus.

Readers might say, that this ***** guy is telling lies here. But it is true that even toilet paper is denied the students at SJMS. In fact toilet facilities are poor, because remember the main building was designed many many years as a single sex school.

In another area of the school (the MD 2 classroom and office area) both males and females, and both staff and students, use the same bathroom! I have never seen that scene anywhere else I have been in the world.

99% of the books in the library have been donated and none of them are about medicine.
I know this to be a fact, because I personally spent a morning listing the titles of the books in the library.

***** is indeed in an excellent position to know and tell the details about the operations of SJMS. I wish that he would indeed write a book about it as he said in his post then. I spent a few weeks only at SJMS, and from what I know he has given a true picture of the school.

While you write your book on SJMS we will be writing about CMU.

victor2md
10-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Curacao looks at both schools, st. martinus and cmu, which are not under the department of education. Only one that is recognized is the medical school Univerisity of N.A. Both schools are not listed under the department of education but only under the department of economics. I hope that clears things up. Both are business not schools. For some reason in Curacao the charter is given by department of economics, if they feel that the "business" will bring in capital they will give charter to anyone. I have talked to them many times. Please look under "charter" in any dictionary and they don't mention anything about school (webster). Its just a paper to do business. Also if the department of education gave both school approvable then their credit would be good at any university.

SChoir
10-04-2007, 09:31 PM
so they may get a charter but not an educational one, rather an economic one? You are right, that is exactly what the gentlemen told me today.

Goodnight.

rlewkowski
10-04-2007, 09:32 PM
I agree 99% with you lswiltshire except that I practice at CMU what I have learned at St. James. We have established CMU because of all those deficiencies at St. James. None of them can be found here at CMU!!! So please be objective.

Telling the truth is not badmouthing. What I wrote is just maybe 5% of all the shady practices the owner was/is doing. That’s why I said I would be able to write a book about that school. I just want to focus on something productive rather that wasting my time exposing more truth about St. James. I wish them good luck, especially the employees and students that I know.

lswiltshire
10-04-2007, 09:39 PM
RL's problem is that he cant wait.

He never learned the Carribean saying .........IF HUNGRY WAIT BAKES WILL COOL

We all know that RL should have set out first of all the get THE CHARTER & IMED LISTING.

In the interim he had time to create a website that was not a copy of that of other schools. In the interim he had time to seek proper and experienced staff, instead of the intensive staff padding that we saw on the initial website.

When CMU came on stream IT SOUNDED GOOD AND LOOKED GOOD, but the cracks in the seams were soon very evident.

And once the cracks appeared. The forum members did what they were trained to do..........In medicine RL we call it "TAKING A HISTORY"

Every good Dr and would be Dr knows how to TAKE A HISTORY.

Once a history was taken A DIAGNOSIS & ASSESMENT WAS MADE.

And it does not look good RL. THE PROGNOSIS IS POOR.

CURRENT & PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS TO CMU: CMU"S PROGNOSIS IS VERY POOR. The cancer has spread all over

lswiltshire
10-04-2007, 09:54 PM
RL you must agree with me. I never lie on this forum. The best way to share licks in a forum like this is to TELL THE TRUTH. I tell the truth so you must agree with me, even if you only give me 99%

I also agree that telling the truth is not badmouthing. I agree that you told the truth about SJMS, and I laud you for it! I agree that what you wrote is probably only about 5% of all the shady practices the owner at SJMS was/is doing. And I laud you for it! I want the truth to be told about them. My point is that you came into the CMU forum spewing truths about them. But you seemed to have forgot that those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

I am glad to that you sought in establishing CMU to eliminate the ills you observed at SJMS BUT YOU HAVE NOT EVIDENCED THIS IN YOUR SHORT PERIOD OF OPERATION. You cannot truly say that none of the deficiencies at SJMS do not exist at CMU, because you are a promise breaker!

stephew
10-04-2007, 10:50 PM
i hope you remember that when others critque the issues with cmu

Telling the truth is not badmouthing. What I wrote is just maybe 5% of all the shady practices the owner was/is doing. .

rlewkowski
10-04-2007, 11:52 PM
i hope you remember that when others critque the issues with cmu

Yes Steph
I remember that but the one big issue right now is the delay in getting the charter, which is totally not up to us. I understand those who critique us and I believe they have the right to do it.

SChoir
10-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Well, RL- you can easily prove everyone wrong and save your institution by posting the application for your charter.

No new students will be applying or attending your school without it. Oh wait, maybe those from third world countries.

byteme
10-04-2007, 11:58 PM
i already know what RL is going to say. he is going to say that the application is with the curacao govt and not the netherlands antilles govt.

I emailed the Curacao government and specifically asked about CMU and its charter/application. Their response was:

Responding to your mail we refer you to the Department of Education and Culture. E-mail: [email protected]

I thought it was interesting that they referred me to the Netherland Antilles Dept of Education, instead of a department within the Curacao government.

eastern2western
10-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Well, RL- you can easily prove everyone wrong and save your institution by posting the application for your charter.

No new students will be applying or attending your school without it. Oh wait, maybe those from third world countries.
people from third world country can not afford cmu's tuition.

SChoir
10-05-2007, 12:03 AM
why is it interesting? Curacao is nothing without the NA government. It's not Curacao that needs to recoginze CMU- ITS THE NA-hence, IMED lists NA as a country.

However, the NA will not. They have stated that they will not.:bored:

rlewkowski
10-05-2007, 12:14 AM
RL you must agree with me. I never lie on this forum. The best way to share licks in a forum like this is to TELL THE TRUTH. I tell the truth so you must agree with me, even if you only give me 99%

I also agree that telling the truth is not badmouthing. I agree that you told the truth about SJMS, and I laud you for it! I agree that what you wrote is probably only about 5% of all the shady practices the owner at SJMS was/is doing. And I laud you for it! I want the truth to be told about them. My point is that you came into the CMU forum spewing truths about them. But you seemed to have forgot that those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

I am glad to that you sought in establishing CMU to eliminate the ills you observed at SJMS BUT YOU HAVE NOT EVIDENCED THIS IN YOUR SHORT PERIOD OF OPERATION. You cannot truly say that none of the deficiencies at SJMS do not exist at CMU, because you are a promise breaker!

Yes I do agree with you and I laud you for being objective. I do agree CMU has made mistakes but some promises were broken because we expected the Government to keep their promises and work faster. I apologize for that. That’s why I have asked everyone to contact the Government regarding the charter.

rlewkowski
10-05-2007, 12:17 AM

Why do you need us to post the applicaton for a charter on our website?
You stated in your previous post that you just contacted the Government and they confirmed that we did in fact submit the application in April.

rlewkowski
10-05-2007, 12:21 AM
why is it interesting? Curacao is nothing without the NA government. It's not Curacao that needs to recoginze CMU- ITS THE NA-hence, IMED lists NA as a country.

If you examined your previous post regarding the political situation in Netherland Antilles more carefully, you would know that Curacao will become a separate country next year.
I’m still waiting for the name of the official who informed you about CMU not getting a charter.

SChoir
10-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Im still waiting for some answers from you. I will not tell you the name of the official. He gave me the information in confidence.

What do I know though, huh? Im just a regular american who called the NA Minstry of Education and was told you were full of...:shock:

You have an application for a charter? Post it! Let these people see that the "charter" you speak of is merely an economic one. You will never get a charter to issue medical degrees.

Yes, RL i said the N word. Never.

SChoir
10-05-2007, 12:38 AM
I want to see an application for a charter because i know that the charter you speak of is not a CHARTER to issue medical degrees.

Go to bed.

rlewkowski
10-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Im still waiting for some answers from you. I will not tell you the name of the official. He gave me the information in confidence.

What do I know though, huh? Im just a regular american who called the NA Minstry of Education and was told you were full of...:shock:

You have an application for a charter? Post it! Let these people see that the "charter" you speak of is merely an economic one. You will never get a charter to issue medical degrees.

Yes, RL i said the N word. Never.

Very interesting, a government official gave you information in confidence and said that CMU is full of ...
There is no economic charter!!! A charter grants a school permission to confer degrees.

byteme
10-05-2007, 02:52 AM
I realise that it is the country of Netherland Antilles that is listed in IMED - currently. However, several posts have indicated that the dissolution of this country is imminent, and these two posts of RL's:

Since the break up will start in 2008, all schools located within NA would have to get a new charter and apply for IMED and WHO listing again.

and

... Curacao will become a separate country next year.

seem to indicate that CMU will require a charter from the government of Curacao - and quite soon. If CMU was in charter negotiations with Curacao, why wouldn't the government representative direct me to the relevant department within the Curacao government instead of the Netherland Antilles government?

Perhaps because such negotiations haven't taken place?

victor2md
10-05-2007, 04:30 AM
As you notice department of education has nothing to do with establishing medical school in caribbean. It is through Department of Economics. First step is get a business license, then you apply to run a medical school. The "charter" is just a paper telling the "world" that there is a "medical school" on the island. I am doctor and all caribbean medical school is like going to "school" to be able to take the USMLE. Yes there are some school who are accredited through department of education but it took them very long time to get it. And since then some laws has been changed So if your school is less than 5 years old there is no way that department of education will look at the school as a college. Go to wikipedia where they list all the school on the island that is accredited through department of education. For example go to Curacao on wikipedia and look under Education and you won't see St. Martinus or CMU. And that is with most of medical school in caribbean. Remember, look at the school in caribbean most don't even require MCAT or at least 3.0 GPA or even B.S. degree (I know that some US school you can get in with three years of college) but look at the admission requirements, its a joke. Most of "medical school" in caribbean are vocational school to be able to take USMLE, and if you don't pass you are out of luck, because none of the credit will transfer to any other school for any other degree. So look at it logically Department of Education had nothing to do with "charter". Its up to the Government of the island, and if they feel its going to benefit them, you will get the "charter". More than likely lets say there was a school with 1000 students at Curacao I bet you they will get a charter really fast. St. Martinus has been around since 2003 and they have less than 75 students and less than 20 doing clinicals. So I am sure the government of Curacao is taking their time with other application since they have not been very productive. Also they had an article in some dutch paper about St. Martinus School and about the Owner. I would read it if you go to St.Martinus, (it was in last week-wed?). I heard it wasn't very good news for them, but I don't know but I do know the aarticle was definitely there. For example lets say Ross wants another location in Curacao I bet you they will get their charter in less than a month. Its all about the money at the end. Two years ago St. Martinus web site stated they have more than 1000 students. I know because my friend was going to go there. So please keep department of education out of it, and call department of economics, and their phone number is: Department of Economic Affairs
Molenplein zin, Curacao N.A. ask for Policy Advisor Business Support Tel(5999) 462-1444. And ask them about both schools or CMU. And ask them if they are under Department of Education or Under Department of Econmic Affairs.

maximillian genossa
10-05-2007, 05:42 AM
Finally an apology. It would have been nice some couple of hundred posts ago, but you managed. Now, what will be ideal is this....stop banking on the idea of a charter or license and recruiting student on the expectation and speculation that you may get such permits on a given date when you have admitted it is on the hands of the government and up to them, not you. If they give you dates, come on, you don't believe everything the government tells you, right? That Mr. L will be really great and will reflect good on you and your character and intentions and will help you gain some much needed credibility. Good intentions aside.

Yes I do agree with you and I laud you for being objective. I do agree CMU has made mistakes but some promises were broken because we expected the Government to keep their promises and work faster. I apologize for that. That’s why I have asked everyone to contact the Government regarding the charter.

SChoir
10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
MDbonaire07 (http://www.valuemd.com/members/mdbonaire07.html) http://www.valuemd.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
http://www.valuemd.com/images/heartb1.gif

Congratulations
The charter was signed by the Governor of Curacao today. I just talked to the Administration and they informed my about it. I also called the Government of Curacao and they confirmed the CMU charter was issued today. They said they would provide the original to the school Monday morning. If some agents still don’t believe than wait till Monday and call the Office of the Governor.
It seems like everyone there is celebrating. The SGA organized a party tonight.
SO NOW WHAT DO ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO BASHED CMU HAVE TO SAY?
Mrs. Rokshana: "I'll bet you a shiny EC that they don't get it!!!"
Where is my shiny EC now?

Congratulations again and keep up the good work!!!!!

I just read this- im confused- huh?

evilsax
10-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Well you CMU cheerleaders are contradicting yourselves. MDbonaire says CMU will have its charter Monday. Victor2MD says that new Caribbean schools never get a charter till years in the future like St. Martinus. What are you guys talking about?

diogenes
10-05-2007, 10:28 AM
You need to look at the date of MDBonaire's post- 11th August, here http://www.valuemd.com/caribbean-medical-university-cmu/140933-congratulations.html#post651115

I don't think he has ever explained that one!

maximillian genossa
10-05-2007, 11:02 AM
absolutely right evilsax. MDbonaire did say that.....almost a month ago, so that gives an idea how the clock tics for CMU. V e r y s l o w

I wonder what they might be celebrating now?

o
Well you CMU cheerleaders are contradicting yourselves. MDbonaire says CMU will have its charter Monday. Victor2MD says that new Caribbean schools never get a charter till years in the future like St. Martinus. What are you guys talking about?

evilsax
10-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Ok diogenes your right. Sometimes the layout of this cite is a little confusing. MDbonaire actually crowed about the charter two months ago But as Genossa Maximillian points out that makes it even worse as we can now see how off the money that claim was.

victor2md
10-05-2007, 03:01 PM
MDbonaire07 (http://www.valuemd.com/members/mdbonaire07.html) http://www.valuemd.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
http://www.valuemd.com/images/heartb1.gif

Congratulations
The charter was signed by the Governor of Curacao today. I just talked to the Administration and they informed my about it. I also called the Government of Curacao and they confirmed the CMU charter was issued today. They said they would provide the original to the school Monday morning. If some agents still don’t believe than wait till Monday and call the Office of the Governor.
It seems like everyone there is celebrating. The SGA organized a party tonight.
SO NOW WHAT DO ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO BASHED CMU HAVE TO SAY?
Mrs. Rokshana: "I'll bet you a shiny EC that they don't get it!!!"
Where is my shiny EC now?

Congratulations again and keep up the good work!!!!!

I just read this- im confused- huh?

I just talked to SGA of CMU and they told me they had no idea about the "charter" so Bonaire MD your getting the wrong information. Also the government of Curacao only meets on Wednesday for an issue such as a charter. I talked with two SGA members and they were suprised as I was, so no as of now they have no charter and no party. Go to CMU | Caribbean Medical University - Medical School, Medical College, Caribbean Medical School, Schools of Medicine, Medical School Top (http://www.cmumed.org) under contact and look for SGA and call them.

eastern2western
10-05-2007, 04:29 PM
This is a record. In less than one day, this thread has 107 replies. For some other forums, it would probably take it at least 1 month to get these many replies. I admire u rl for your ability to attract attention (good or bad).

Dru
10-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Don’t blame me or the school for it since we got affected by that scam as well. As I advised you Evilsax in response to your email, please contact your local police immediately or call Officer Gordon at (414) 935 7252, who investigates this case. You may also call our Chase business banker at (847) 673 5829.

This is an ODD post, considering that the 414 phone number is a private residence in Milwaukee...how odd that an investigating officer would allow his private home phone number to be posted on a public forum. It is also ODD that the 847 number is a private residence in Skokie, Illinois. Odd that a business banker practices out of his home.

SChoir
10-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Are you serious Dru? If you call the numbers they sound pretty legit. :roll:

Dru
10-05-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm not wasting my time calling the numbers, but I just plugged them into the reverse phone directory and it tells me "private residence" and then the city.

maximillian genossa
10-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Dru, I think it is time to call your bluff. I called the 847 673 5829 and got a message from initial J.L. (NO relation with RL) from the Chase Bank. If you PM me I will be more than glad to tell you the full name. But please, don't bluff like this. Unless this JL is a set up from a private residency and is someone impersonating a bank officer, then someone better come up with evidence to prove it. In the mean time I can only say this...I do not sympathize with RL methods, I think we had enough of that to have someone , a MODERATOR coming up with this kind of garbage. I rarely call people names in these forums, and rarely attack someone, but I would say, after placing the phone call and getting a name I am more than willing to share via PM with anyone, that your methods are as low and despicable as RL's, the 2 of you are no different.

Sad part of this situation, you are a moderator, you are supposed to set an example, but I am sure you will only get a slap on the wrist.

This is an ODD post, considering that the 414 phone number is a private residence in Milwaukee...how odd that an investigating officer would allow his private home phone number to be posted on a public forum. It is also ODD that the 847 number is a private residence in Skokie, Illinois. Odd that a business banker practices out of his home.

Dru
10-05-2007, 05:42 PM
When I do the AnyWho thing it is as above, but when I do the DA (Directory Assist), I get the Milw. PD #5.

When GM called the second number he got a caller ID of a Chase Bank. It's more comforting to know that these are "real" numbers.

Scott1981
10-05-2007, 05:58 PM
i think there are flaws with anywho and a lot of those reverse lookup services.

SChoir
10-05-2007, 07:16 PM
For anyone that cares, I emailed IMED today and they said that they only list a school in their diectory that has a charter that has been signed by both the Ministry of Health AND the Ministry of Education in the country.

Since I talked to the Ministry of Education in the NA and they said they WILL not sign off on any document recoginzing ANY medical school in their country because of the political situation in Curacao, this issue is moot.

IMG SURVIVOR
10-05-2007, 07:39 PM
So if I undertsatnd what is happening is that ........

SChoir
10-05-2007, 07:44 PM
:(....the school will not be listed in IMED and the students won't ever be able to take the USMLE.

MYMD
10-05-2007, 07:44 PM
For anyone that cares, I emailed IMED today and they said that they only list a school in their diectory that has a charter that has been signed by both the Ministry of Health AND the Ministry of Education in the country.

Since I talked to the Ministry of Education in the NA and they said they WILL not sign off on any document recoginzing ANY medical school in their country because of the political situation in Curacao, this issue is moot.
I have a Q? I thought that Curacao was about to be a separate country soon and the NA will not exist soon too? The NA will be dissolved.

SChoir
10-05-2007, 07:48 PM
yes, you are right. Which is exactly why they are not signing anything. Get it?:eek:

rlewkowski
10-05-2007, 08:01 PM

That’s another bluff.
Read your sentence, it doesn’t make any sense. The Ministry of Education of the country will not sign any documents because of the political situation on one of the islands??????
Please, check the phone number of the Ministry /don’t use reverse lookup services/, get the correct one and call them to speak with someone real.
Otherwise backup your "facts" with the name of the person so I can prove you wrong.

SChoir
10-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Nope- i don't bluff. I state facts and I support them.

Take a look (click on english at the bottom)

Eilandgebied Curaçao Nederlandse Antillen (http://www.curacao-gov.an/)

RL- the person you provided us with is the incorrect official. I urge anyone that wants facts to contact Home - Ministerie van Onderwijs en Cultuur (http://www.minoc.an/)
ask for the woman listed on the link or her assistant. They will tell you the truth.

eastern2western
10-05-2007, 08:22 PM
That’s another bluff.
Read your sentence, it doesn’t make any sense. The Ministry of Education of the country will not sign any documents because of the political situation on one of the islands??????
Please, check the phone number of the Ministry /don’t use reverse lookup services/, get the correct one and call them to speak with someone real.
Otherwise backup your "facts" with the name of the person so I can prove you wrong.
Hey RL, the only thing you can to right now is try to come up with a charter. I do not know how fast caribbean politic moves, but you have been promising people a charter since may and now is october already.

SChoir
10-05-2007, 08:28 PM
:mad::p;):D:rolleyes::cool::shock::roll::eek::twis ted::evil::bored::bored::bored::confused::):(CHART ER! CHARTER! CHARTER!

rokshana
10-05-2007, 08:41 PM
yes, you are right. Which is exactly why they are not signing anything. Get it?:eek:

evidently you have not read these threads thoroughly- the issue of the dissolution of the NA was brought up a while ago- this is NOT news...

MYMD
10-05-2007, 08:47 PM
:mad::p;):D:rolleyes::cool::shock::roll::eek::twis ted::evil::bored::bored::bored::confused::):(CHART ER! CHARTER! CHARTER!

SO............. once Curacao is it's own Country then they can sponsor whoever they want. SO this school may just get it's charter. Things seem to be in flux at this time? I do not know myself. AND yes I get it.
So now we all do?

eastern2western
10-05-2007, 09:00 PM
US students do not care about the internal workings of some island government because they only care about going home and getting their license to practice medicine. RL, you should not waste your time in valuemd and try to defend cmu's actions. The best thing you should do is try to produce that charter as soon as possible and get your school listed on IMED. According to the CMU website, the school is suppose to get to get listed by end of september.
CMU | Caribbean Medical University - Accreditations (http://www.cmumed.org/about/accreditations.htm)
It is currently october 5th 2007 and you are still trying to defend why cmu is not listed by the IMED yet. The moral of the story is you should never make promises that you can not keep.

teratos
10-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Speaking of putting something real out there, where is the charter? There is no school without a charter. Would you put your money in a bank that "promises" to be FDIC insured? Same thing. G

eastern2western
10-06-2007, 08:30 PM
it depends on the interest rate.

superhumper
10-06-2007, 09:38 PM
SO............. once Curacao is it's own Country then they can sponsor whoever they want. SO this school may just get it's charter. Things seem to be in flux at this time? I do not know myself. AND yes I get it. So now we all do?

Hi All,

Do not be naive, Curacao will never be separate country. It's part of the The Netherlands and will stay as is.

SH

MYMD
10-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Hi All,

Do not be naive, Curacao will never be separate country. It's part of the The Netherlands and will stay as is.

SH

This is simply not true, where do you get that information?

I spent 1.5 years on Bonaire while at school there and I can tell you, Curacao voted to separate from Holland like Aruba and Bonaire wanted to stay along with SABA.

Please show us the recent article that this has changed.

This in itself has nothing to do with CMU, I'm not defending them, but I would like to post whats true.

BBCCaribbean.com | Antilles break-up closer (http://www.bbc.co.uk/caribbean/news/story/2006/11/061103_stmaarten.shtml)

Netherlands Antilles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands_Antilles)

SO has this changed? is Curacao now staying with Holland? I see nothing that says they are.

rlewkowski
10-06-2007, 10:28 PM
In 2008 there will be no Netherland Antilles. Nothing has changed. The Curacao will become a seperate country like Aruba.

librarian
10-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Aruba is not its own country. Although the official term for it is a 'constituent country', it functions more or less as a state of the Netherlands. In many areas of government, including education, it is autonomous, but it is not at all independent of the Netherlands. Curacao has voted to go this same route ('status aparte'), as has Sint Maarten. Bonaire, Saba and Statia, on the other hand, will have closer ties to the Netherlands than they do now and will exist as Dutch municipalities (like a town or city in the US).

No one knows yet exactly how it will all work, but my point in mentioning all this is that what this says to me is that, like Aruba, Curacao would have the right to grant a charter. Whether or not they will is a different matter of course. Slightly off-topic, but I would think schools on Bonaire, Saba and Statia may be at risk in terms of having to conform to Dutch standards...

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.