PDA

View Full Version : What school is best for american students who want to return back to america?

jraces
09-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Hi, I'm interested in attending a 6 year english program in Poland. I have been leaning towards Warsaw, but was wondering if there are any other schools that would prepare me better for the USMLE? Also does anyone know an estimate of % of students accepted for the different schools(6 year program)?

Thank you

unbeliever
09-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Poznan's been at it the longest...10 years or so...
I chose lodz because they offer clinical rotations in the USA and UK.

So you decide between the 2 that I consider as the best.
the others just arent at the level of these 2 schools

Nit1985
10-01-2007, 03:09 AM
Lodz seems to be of a popular choice for Americans.
I know that 140 norwegians applied for Warsaw last year, only ca. 50 I think got accepted. But some of them, 8-10, said no thanks....Probably because they got a seat at UJ in Krakow. Its amazing how prestigious that university is....

Savior
10-03-2007, 03:28 AM
So you decide between the 2 that I consider as the best.
the others just arent at the level of these 2 schools

:rolleyes: ..do u enjoy feeding out the wrong info?
Warsaw started the english div. in 93, Krakow in 94...and Lodz is far from the "best" university in Poland...

Jraces; Krakow and Warsaw are becoming more popular and harder to get into for every year that passes, a lot of scandinavians are picking them as their second choices (first one being in their own country...).

mutig25
10-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Ultimately, if you're keen on an education in Poland, the only thing (person, university, etc.) that will properly prepare you for USMLE is YOU! Don't expect any of the programs in Poland, 4yr or 6yr MD, to spoon-feed you USMLE. Sure, some of the programs (like Poznan and others) have NBME exams as final exams, but it's still you that has to take the time to read the big texts and the review books.

For the most part, the programs in Poland are all very similar and will give you the foundation for a decent medical education, but in the end it's up to you to make things happen.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.