PDA

View Full Version : For Xavier Students:

znazem
09-28-2007, 03:15 PM
What is the main differences between studying in bonaire/aruba?

Please include relative points, such as the quality of the education varying?, administration?, housing?, costs?

Which brings me to the final question, which campus is actually better?

IMG Reality
11-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Since there are two different admissions offices for each campus I think your best bet would be to call both with the same questions and compare the answers. Student feedback here is scarce so you may want to get in touch with the SGA at each campus too.

ams
11-15-2007, 09:15 AM
I would vote for Bonaire.

They only draw back is that thier island is not as "big" as Aruba.

Admin in Bonaire is better, more willing to work with you, and help you
Teachers are better in Bonaire
Facility I would say is equal

The reason I am pro bonaire..is because mainly the admin, they are so approachable and easy to work with, and they are constantly doing things to get better and better. Where as Aruba, I noticed that it was more about the making money, and getting in touch with thier admin is difficult, and they are hard to work with. Basically all admin will be nice to get you to become a student, once your in...you gotta stand in line and be neglected. How many times did I need to speak to someone in the Aruba US office..they are just difficult people.

Oh and another thing...teachers is a big thing...Aruba did have some really good teachers...but they all pretty much left, one is still there..and I think he is leaving soon also. You can tell alot about the school when you see the teachers are unhappy.

At the end of the day...you need to do your own investigation and make a choice.

Orang Otang
11-16-2007, 05:29 PM
I would vote for Bonaire.

They only draw back is that thier island is not as "big" as Aruba.

Admin in Bonaire is better, more willing to work with you, and help you
Teachers are better in Bonaire
Facility I would say is equal

The reason I am pro bonaire..is because mainly the admin, they are so approachable and easy to work with, and they are constantly doing things to get better and better. Where as Aruba, I noticed that it was more about the making money, and getting in touch with thier admin is difficult, and they are hard to work with. Basically all admin will be nice to get you to become a student, once your in...you gotta stand in line and be neglected. How many times did I need to speak to someone in the Aruba US office..they are just difficult people.

Oh and another thing...teachers is a big thing...Aruba did have some really good teachers...but they all pretty much left, one is still there..and I think he is leaving soon also. You can tell alot about the school when you see the teachers are unhappy.

At the end of the day...you need to do your own investigation and make a choice.

You say teachers are better in Bonaire. Can you please illustrate? How are the individual subject teachers there in subjects like say Anatomy, Pharma, Genetics etc.?

ams
11-17-2007, 11:58 AM
The only good teachers at Aruba...is the guy teaching Patho. The rest are garbage,,because the good ones walked out...so they go get whom ever they can get to come teach for the lowest salary possible.

Bonaire has a great Patho prof, great Pharm prof, and also a great Physio Prof....and some of these prof also teach other subjects like micro, immuno, ..oh yeha and thier Anatomy prof is damn good. This is the feedback that I have gotten from students who have attended thier classes, I have not attended class with these profs. But i can tell you this...thier faculty is better and is happy to work there (no walk outs yet). And they are working on improving thier faculty.

Dr.Ross founder of Ross Univ..believes that an Institution is known by its faculty.

Orang Otang
11-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Can some of the current Bonaire students confirm if the teaching is that good in Bonaire XUSOM as remarked by ams above?

ams
11-25-2007, 04:02 PM
The Patho (1 and 2) teacher in aruba...IS AMAZING, and rumor has it he will leave soon

ICM teacher, who also taught physio was good...she left

Histo teacher..complete garbage

Anatomy teacher...Also happens to be dean...to much conflict of interest as a teacher and dean. He needs to pick on position and stick to it..personally i think he is a bit harsh and has an old school way of teaching..but if you make it threw his class, you will know your anatomy very well.

Micro teacher who also happend to teach pharm (when i was there) Was damn good, completely boards oriented and to the point. He no longer teaches those subjects and is about to leave soon if he already hasnt yet.

While i was there...our micro teacher and his wife (forget what she taught) walked out, our pharm teacher didnt make it due to immigration issues..so we got this new guy to teach both. After i left the ICM teacher and her husband walked out because they school had screwed them with immigration issues. O btw the icm teacher never made it to the island due to immigration...so the dean started to teach it..then dr who mentioned above took over..i dont know who teaches it now.

basically...the school has been having walk outs...why because maybe there not paid enough,maybe there are problems with admin..and whole lot more issues...that spells trouble to me.

i can vouch for what i have said above because I had actually taken these classes and or the classes were going on while i was there. As far as bonaire..i can only tell you from the feedback i have heard..but believe me they dont have a walk out issue

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.