PDA

View Full Version : Where's All Saints...Aruba or Dominica?

unbeliever
09-19-2007, 06:39 AM
I guess I'm a little lost here, but where exactly is this school located? There are two locations per VMD, but I recently spoke with an all saints student, and he said there were problems with all saints in aruba, and hence the dominica campus.. Is this true, or is the school maintaining 2 basic sciences campuses?

Silvi
09-19-2007, 07:45 AM
According to the information i have from students and internet, All Saints University has a campuss in Aruba and Dominica but they are not the same.
It seems that Aruba has a new management and the island itself is no match for dominica.
If you want more information i recommend you to contact the real students of each school so you can get the truth about everything.

pratik
09-19-2007, 09:54 AM
i am a student here @ ALL SAINTS ARUBA.. we have 2 campus one in aruba and the other in dominica...they are two different campuses though.....there are no probs with all saints aruba campus everything is fine here.....n yaa we do have a new management taking care of this campus.....

Dr.H
09-19-2007, 03:33 PM
we have two campuses, that is right, i am also a student here in the Dominica campus, everything Iry here also, we have no problems with immagration, were due a site visit pretty soon, but still we have a campus in aruba for those specail people, now if you cant stand dominica there is always aruba, we all know that, but i love dominica, i pay probally 250 Us rent, 100 transportation, 100 food for breakfests and lunches, and 150 for groceries to eat dinner at home. i still got money left over to do things, but i am saving for after step 1, hit up vegas big time, or review classes again, but honestly with USMLE style testing, NMBE, Researches every semester i think will pass no problem.

honestly i feel the same with this school when sree the supermodarator did with AUA. we will have NY by next year No problem, by the time i am MD 5 well be having NY and by time i start clinicals we will have over 1000 clinical spots open. already we have over 400 but again both school will use this for sure, is all about the teamwork.

Aruba i like, like 2 week thing kind of thing, but dominica is like natures island, i feel here in my heart. i study here, i guess thats why i am here, there is nothign to do just study thats what i been doing for the past 4 month

unbeliever
09-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Dr. H.
Are you faculty?
You have time for research, in between medical school?
You must be a real smart one...
I know I couldnt handle medical school and research

Dr.H
09-19-2007, 11:58 PM
i am not a faculty, but you have hand in a research for the benefit of the people of dominica in order to gradaute

pratik
09-20-2007, 12:23 AM
i would just like to say that no matter which campus you join make sure u know wat u r doing...u shuldnt regret in the end...Dr.H must be really knowledegable about dominica but once you come to aruba you wouldnt feel like going to dominica unless something really bad happens...and Dr.H can u tell me some more about rotations since u seem to know a lot like where exactly we have rotations like 400 or something u had mentioned....

Silvi
09-20-2007, 10:53 AM
True this discussion is becoming very clear who Dr. H is and that he is still marketing on the wrong forum
i sugest you go to your own forum in which nobody has any intrest and try to do your marketing over there
Because if your not an in the staff of your school your getting paid to do this (in any form) or your a director.

Besides this i find your tactic to do your marketing on forum very unproffessional if both school are the same.

Dr.H
09-20-2007, 03:27 PM
i dont know what to say, about the last silvi comment, but i am just a med II student trying to do my things, i am not marketting, these forums are not for marketting.

regarding prats question

We got new affilation with green book hospitals in States of nevada (Las Vegas), Arizona, Goergia (atlanta), Ohio, Illinois (Chicago), Indiana (fortwayne), Florida for 12 weeks, NY for 12 weeks for now, tennesee, michigan, missouri, North Carolina, South Dekota, Canada we got also, the school will do the paperwork.

Also if you find a ACGME approved hospital the school will do the paper work for you for States.

Dr_Implacable
09-20-2007, 05:30 PM
i pay probally 250 Us rent, 100 transportation, 100 food for breakfests and lunches, and 150 for groceries to eat dinner at home. i still got money left over to do things

honestly i feel the same with this school when sree the supermodarator did with AUA. we will have NY by next year No problem, by the time i am MD 5 well be having NY and by time i start clinicals we will have over 1000 clinical spots open. already we have over 400 but again both school will use this for sure, is all about the teamwork.

400 rotations?!? Ridiculous. Who told you that? Even if you add up some others, you will be lucky if you can get even a handful. All other caribbean medical schools have only a handful. How can you state 400?

Dr_Implacable
09-20-2007, 05:42 PM
these forums are not for marketting.

regarding prats question

If not marketing, please do not post lies. Since you are in MD II, its safer to advice within your scope. I suggest not answering things that you have yet to experience with ASUSM, like clinical rotations. As far as research goes, I believe St. George is known for it. Not sure about Ross and Saba. First time being said by a student that ASUSM conducts research.

Silvi
09-20-2007, 08:13 PM
To dr. H
The reason that your marketing on the wrong forum is very clear
1. you are using the logo of your school
2. you are using the website of your school
3. everytime youre on the forum of Aruba, you are only mentioning your school.

A regular student does not do this, unless there is something in return
and besides this it is very clear that the forum of your school is not getting any threads for a long long time now.
so it is very obvious what your doing

riverman
11-22-2007, 01:18 PM
whoa,
I called them up and they said that they were expanding into Dominica, and that the Aruba campus isfully functional.
They went on to put down the Arubans, the Aruba cost of living, the government, the local people not liking americans, yaada yaada yaada..

and then they cool ly, tried to convince me how wonderful the nature Island(Dominica) is, and how great the people were, and how affordable the place is...

and that i should choose them, and more specifically, Dominica over Aruba campus...

buyer beware..

Silvi
11-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Riverman your 100% right,

There are more students which have experienced the same.
It seems that that the Canadian office is using the Aruba campus to attract students for Dominica.
And once youre in Dumpenica you will have a very hard and nasty time if you want to transfer.
Ask around and you will know.
You will also find out that Aruba is completly different and much better in all aspects.

Beachdoctor
03-16-2008, 06:31 PM
sorry but am I missing something here / ? are both campuses not owned and operated by the same people or directors ........seems somewhere in these forums of All Saints Aruba I have surely read that some faculty etc left to Jump start the other and so on and so forth ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but then what do I know regards

Beachdoctor
03-20-2008, 07:03 AM
Hi Pratik , thanks for your reply to a post I put , I cant seem to reply to you since I dont have 15 posts yet , send me your email address so I can get more info from you about Aruba Campus (if you have time that is ) if anyone else is in the Aruba campus I would love to contact you guys , thanks in advance and best regards

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.