PDA

View Full Version : Transfer in Poland

pep
09-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Does anyone here know if there are universities which still accepts transfer for the coming academic year?

I am finishing second year now. Unfortunately I might fail one or two subjects this year. Are there uni's who admit student's to the third year anyway?

studentdoctor
09-19-2007, 01:13 PM
What Medical University are you attending at the moment?.

Powel6016
09-19-2007, 09:19 PM
we had a transfer student from Lodz to Poznan. Some of his classes and his credits weren't accepted and he had to repeat some courses.

DrFMG
09-19-2007, 10:32 PM
What about a transfer after taking step1 , straight into the clinical program?

riverhead
09-20-2007, 11:27 AM
I think you might find still such schools. It's still over 1 week before the classes start. Just phone some of them.
Here is the full list of the medical programs in English in Poland:
http://www.geocities.com/magdaemily/medical_studies.html
Good luck.

pep
09-20-2007, 01:00 PM
I want to start with the clinical part as i have studied for two years now. The problem is that I have one, maybe two, major subjects which I have to repeat. For that reason some schools won't let you take the full 3rd year.

I really don't want to use an extra year, and therefore was curious if there are schools who are not so rigid when it comes to this.

Savior
09-20-2007, 04:16 PM
I want to start with the clinical part as i have studied for two years now. The problem is that I have one, maybe two, major subjects which I have to repeat. For that reason some schools won't let you take the full 3rd year.

I really don't want to use an extra year, and therefore was curious if there are schools who are not so rigid when it comes to this.

Which subjects have you failed? Are they both in the 2nd year curriculum?
Are you in the 6 year prgm or 4 year prgm?

pep
09-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Which subjects have you failed? Are they both in the 2nd year curriculum?
Are you in the 6 year prgm or 4 year prgm?

Biochem and possibly physiology. They are both 2nd year subjects. I'm in 6 year program.

riverhead
09-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Biochemistry and physiology are the most important subjects at the 2nd year. I doubt if any university will accept you at the 3rd year if you failed them. But you can always try :roll:

Savior
09-21-2007, 08:38 AM
As riverhead says, I dont think you can transfer into 3rd year, and do your really want to? There must be a essential knowledge gap, and I dont think its wise to pursue for example Pathology without essential knowledge from Physio/biochem, specially physio is important for the clinical aspects of 3rd year.
Maybe its wiser to stay and retake the courses, I mean these few years is a investment for your future.

I know that some students have transfered to the following uni withouth completing all the courses...so u can try them..
?l?ska Akademia Medyczna w Katowicach
Akademia Medyczna w Bia?ymstoku
Akademia Medyczna im. prof. Feliksa Skubiszewskiego w Lublinie
Akademia Medyczna w Gda?sku

unbeliever
09-25-2007, 06:13 AM
I dont think any of the universities in Poland would accept students if they failed a course, unless they were repeating the course. I Think overall, these schools are all quite serious about the candidates they accept

dr_doctor
09-25-2007, 06:58 PM
im in the same boat as PEP, have all the credits except biochem which i just failed...anyone know places still accepting transfers??? please help

Savior
09-25-2007, 07:47 PM
I dont think any of the universities in Poland would accept students if they failed a course, unless they were repeating the course. I Think overall, these schools are all quite serious about the candidates they accept

PEP wants to transfer into third year in conjunction with repeating the courses, he did't say he wants to be exempted from the courses.

im in the same boat as PEP, have all the credits except biochem which i just failed...anyone know places still accepting transfers??? please help

You are in much better situation than PEP, although you might be to late, start of with universities you know accept transfers and have Biochemistry in their third year curriculum (e.g. lublin)
(P.S: You will probably be required to take preliminary courses from 2nd year, depending on the curriculum of your current Uni.)

Narcan
09-26-2007, 03:21 AM
I think you should just stay where you are and finish whatever you need to do. Transfers rarely work out as great as they sound. We had one transfer out, and is now trying to transfer back in.

DrFMG
09-26-2007, 10:08 PM
I think you should just stay where you are and finish whatever you need to do. Transfers rarely work out as great as they sound. We had one transfer out, and is now trying to transfer back in.

i was wondering about the transfer process in your university specifically. i tried contacting the university but no reply as yet. is it possible to transfer into the 3rd year of the 4 year md after taking step one.

Narcan
09-27-2007, 01:44 AM
We have had transfers in, but I really don't know what their status was prior. Try contacting the New York office also, or better yet visit here. They are not real good at returning calls or emails from either office.

DrFMG
09-27-2007, 10:05 PM
We have had transfers in, but I really don't know what their status was prior. Try contacting the New York office also, or better yet visit here. They are not real good at returning calls or emails from either office.

could i get some info on the school...your personal views etc.......... pm me with contact info if possible

Narcan
09-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Do a search on the school. There are numerous threads. The school has worked well for me.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.