PDA

View Full Version : This exam was RIDICULOUSLY HARD!

Anconeus
09-14-2007, 05:24 PM
just took my step 3 today (first part)... there is no way i passed it. I felt like i studied for the wrong test... and i got a 98 and 99 on my steps 1 and 2 (and felt pretty good about them after leaving the test) so i really dont know what to even think... i really hope i dont have to sit through this torture again...

MDXRS22
09-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Come on, don't say that. I am sure you passed that exam

Congrats!!!!

dkpwalker
09-15-2007, 08:31 PM
just took my step 3 today (first part)... there is no way i passed it. I felt like i studied for the wrong test... and i got a 98 and 99 on my steps 1 and 2 (and felt pretty good about them after leaving the test) so i really dont know what to even think... i really hope i dont have to sit through this torture again...
I feel your pain, felt the same way when I left day 1 of step 3, day 2 was better as you have probably realised. I got a 99 too for step 2 and came out with a 86 for step 3, don't worry, People who score 99's on step 2 DON'T fail step 3. You will do well. Have faith.

Anconeus
09-16-2007, 10:54 AM
yea, day 2 was definetely better. Hope you are right, thanx
would really suck to sit for this exam again

Shahin
10-22-2008, 07:52 AM
I got also crushed on step 3, but my experience was that ccs part was harder than the multiple choice questions.
Took it 2 weeks ago, I just hope I made it, have interviews comming up.

cheers

confusedstudent7
10-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Hey...thanks for sharing your thoughts on step 3...im currently studying for it and will be taking it in mid nov...im working on USMLE world questions and did some kaplan videos..(mainly for internal med, ER and part of Peds). Also using boards and wards for quick references...any other thoughts on what should be done...i have about 3.5 weeks..and will have gone through WORLD twice before taking the test...any help would be great...thanks! another thing that worries me is that I didn't do that great on step 2...so wondering if it might be more of a hitter on me on this test..but i've definitely been studying a lot more for step 3.

soweto
10-24-2008, 01:19 PM
man, study hard for that test.....I just pass the damn test on the second attempt. On the 1st attempt, I thought that I did okay, but ended up with a FAIL. On the 2nd attempt, I thought that I killed that test, and I ended with a low PASS (78), which is better than failling.....but this is to tell you that that step3 is unpredicatble....its a tough one. Nothing to do with your score on previous steps. Do practice questions as much as you can. Review ALL explications....I studied from CRUSH, First AId, NMS Medicine, and did all UW qbank (2X) for the first attempt. On the second attempt, I did only Kaplan Qbank (2X) and review my own notes......
Overall, I found that Kaplan Qbank was more reptresentative of the exam...., maybe, I was just lucky that day...some questions from Kaplan Qbank came on the test....
Dont take anything for granted.....study hard, and PRAY to have a good exam day.......
Also, timing is very important....the vignettes are extremely long.....
Good luck
Peace and God Bless.
Soweto Boy from the Ghetto

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.