PDA

View Full Version : Dont be Hate'n

Pilot wanting to be a doc
09-12-2007, 07:46 PM
This thread is in response to the "too crowded" thread where people can tell us 1st semesters how it is, and teach us how to mesh in this loving St Matthews community. The growing tension between 1st semester and the rest of the school is nearing an end, and there will be peace once more, I have foreseen it as it is our destiny to help eachother in these ever so desperite times of need.

09-12-2007, 07:47 PM
C'mon dont be shy, show me the love!!!

spyyder
09-12-2007, 08:11 PM
All first semesters should be required to wear pink shirts and should bow their heads while chanting 'We are not worthy' as upperclassman walk by. :D

/that'll learn em

09-12-2007, 08:18 PM
See now, thats what Im talking about. These are good ideas people, keep em coming. I thought that hot pink and black biker shorts would be kinda cool too, lets not forget Zubas!

C-LAB
09-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Their can be a boot camp for 1st semesters....it will stress basic straight line walking. The final will be walking down the stairs on one side of the steps. Dr S. has agreed to do the job.

09-12-2007, 08:40 PM
I bet many of us wouldnt pass the final. Honestly and for once I will ask a serious question. From what I whitnessed today (people from my class pushing and cutting others (from other semesters) deliberetly and disrespectfully) why do you think this is happening? Anybody is welcome to reply.

911Med
09-12-2007, 08:41 PM
C'mon dont be shy, show me the love!!!

C'mon man - a public outcry for love, and mention of hot pink biker shorts?

What's next a field trip to a Minnesota airport bathroom?

09-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Nope sorry. But scary enough it got youre attention in that freekish way.:D Ok Ok, try to keep it a little clean. How do you know so much about Minnesota bathrooms anyway?

Diva
09-12-2007, 09:52 PM
i said today in the staircase..this will be on valuemd tonite. i should have bet money on it.

the building is a fire hazard..dont we have SGA for this reason?????

09-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Look how fast it went off the subject. And now where is it going?

UFTim
09-12-2007, 10:35 PM
I think all first semester students should be forced to have a Jamaican patty eating competition

chaiyyachaiyya
09-13-2007, 08:12 AM
i like the sarcasm in this thread...and i think its funny...i have nothing against first semester students, but i did expect a little respect, just like I would give them...but pushing people thru the middle was not cool.

drjohnwebb
09-13-2007, 09:27 AM
I was ticked with them last week, but when you realize they mostly want to get good seats... you can understand. They take up ALL the room in the lobby, hallways and now stair wells. I recommend they stay outside until a few minutes before the class starts, but then class would never start on time. They need to split them into 2 classes and stager the classes. They could even use the technology we have and put them in two classrooms and have one class watching the teacher on the screens, through a camera. That is how they did orientation..

WSUCougar
09-13-2007, 11:04 AM
I was ticked with them last week, but when you realize they mostly want to get good seats... you can understand. They take up ALL the room in the lobby, hallways and now stair wells. I recommend they stay outside until a few minutes before the class starts, but then class would never start on time. They need to split them into 2 classes and stager the classes. They could even use the technology we have and put them in two classrooms and have one class watching the teacher on the screens, through a camera. That is how they did orientation..

Well thanks for understanding... The thing is, we don't want to crowd the halls and we don't want to cause trouble for other semesters. Its just that
1. seats are hard to come by and so everybody wants to be first to get to class and get a good spot.

2. if we wait outside then we're late getting into class and our class starts late.

3. another problem i had was i got done with my anatomy lab and I was stuck. I couldn't go downstairs because its was full of people waiting, and I couldn't wait in the hallway because other semester classmates get all annoyed. So I'm in a lose lose situation.

There's either needs to be a longer break in between our class and other semesters classes or stagger the classes. I don't know.... but when it comes down to it, none of us 1st semesters like cramming the halls and waiting in stairwells. We get just annoyed as you guys do when you have to walk through us

drjohnwebb
09-13-2007, 11:50 AM
I know man.. I hate it for you guys. Luckily, our classes are usually out when you guys get in the hall.
Glad to hear you like your condo. I told you it was nice and very close to everything.

WSUCougar
09-13-2007, 12:12 PM
I know man.. I hate it for you guys. Luckily, our classes are usually out when you guys get in the hall.
Glad to hear you like your condo. I told you it was nice and very close to everything.

yeah thanks for helping me out....it helped us tremendously. now the final hurdle I have is to find a way to pay for all of this. Private loan here I come....

C-LAB
09-13-2007, 12:18 PM
What would really help would be if 4th semester and 1st semester didn't have to exchange the same classroom at the same time, b/c this is where most of the complaints originate from. Usually the 4th semester is done at 12:20 and the 1st semesters come in as we are leaving. How about the school split the time 4th semester class ends and 1st semester starts. I mean, even 30 mins time difference would make a huge difference. The school could tweak the schedual. Makes more sense right?

Now getting the school to impliment this...

911Med
09-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Just put everything online and I will stay in bed in CA and never be late for class. I won't push. I won't take up valuable oxygen or space. The benefits are bountiful...

09-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey, Ive got a great Ideal! How about we come up with a bunch of lame ideas and post them here. I got that idea from you cougar since thats what youve been doing anyway!! See, I definitly have the deductive skills that I need to be a great doctor! People, I just cant turn it off, when you got it, you got it.

WSUCougar
09-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey, Ive got a great Ideal! How about we come up with a bunch of lame ideas and post them here. I got that idea from you cougar since thats what youve been doing anyway!!.

I've got a great "ideal" too. HAHA

Get some sleep, and I'll see you tomorrow. You'll have to tell me what Davenport told you about financial aid.

camryllionareMD
09-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Yep. It's all about the seats. When I sit up front I learn better. I'm easily distracted by people infront of me chatting on facebook, playing chess, or the 3 girls I sat infront of one day that talked and laughed loudly the WHOLE lecture. So I'm fighting for a front seat every lecture.

WSUCougar
09-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Hey, Ive got a great Ideal! How about we come up with a bunch of lame ideas and post them here. I got that idea from you cougar since thats what youve been doing anyway!! See, I definitly have the deductive skills that I need to be a great doctor! People, I just cant turn it off, when you got it, you got it.

At least I don't wear MANPRIS to class.... J/K

ice
09-14-2007, 03:46 PM
i think the school shud definitely look into changing the schedule such that their class starts/ ends and even their breaks are at silghtly different times. hopefully that would solve the crowding issue. You cant really blame them though, they do have a huge class!

09-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Manpris? Why you checkn out what Im wearing?

Ashram64
09-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Yep. It's all about the seats. When I sit up front I learn better. I'm easily distracted by people infront of me chatting on facebook, playing chess, or the 3 girls I sat infront of one day that talked and laughed loudly the WHOLE lecture. So I'm fighting for a front seat every lecture.

nothing wrong with playing chess, a good way to stimulate your mind when you are bored.

Future MD | DM erutuF
09-15-2007, 04:52 PM
nothing wrong with playing chess, a good way to stimulate your mind when you are bored.

so is teh pron

AftenMD
09-16-2007, 04:29 PM
I have no ideas, no advice.. only one shocking thing that happened to me the other day...

4th semester ended class, I started turning my computer off, stood up with everyone else and waited for it to turn off....

and then a Firstie SAT IN MY SEAT WITH MY COMPUTER IN IT!!! :evil:

I was shocked, picked my computer up and held it while the flood of firsties swarmed around me, saving seats for friends and yelling for the front seats.. :shock:

Felt like I was trying to save a kid or something from wolves.. Sheesh people!

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.