PDA

View Full Version : Lizard

islander84
09-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Hey guys,
Just wondering if someone could tell me what to do cuz I have a friend who encoutered a couple of small lizards in his room?
DO they bite? Are they harmful? Any advice much appreciated

spyyder
09-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Step 1: Take off shoe
Step 2: Throw shoe furiously at lizard
Step 3: Rinse and Repeat

That is how I dealt with lizards at RH.

If you don't feel like chasing the buggers around your room, you can buy those sticky mouse trap pads, and they will stick right to them. I don't think they are harmful, but you don't really want them crawling on you when you sleep.

camryllionareMD
09-09-2007, 07:17 PM
That's good advice. To add to that, no, lizards don't bite. What I told one dorm-mate is to find a brave guy next door, make friends with him, and ask him to kill all your lizards for you.

WSUCougar
09-09-2007, 07:33 PM
don't worry, the only lizards that bite and carry rabies are the ones that live by the RH, Suites, and Treasure Island. ;)

UFTim
09-09-2007, 10:36 PM
haha...I forgot that people aren't used to seeing little lizards everywhere. They'll latch on to you if you put your finger in front of their mouth. It doesn't hurt--just a pinch. My little cousin is an Animal Planet freak and purposefully grabbed and made a lizard bite each ear lobe. They latched on and hung on for dear life as he walked around for a couple minutes with lizards dangling as earrings. Crazy at 8 years old...

Seriously though, just grab them by the tail or get a sticky mouse trap. They won't bother you and can co-habitate without a problem. They're not going to crawl on you in the middle of the night like a roach or something.

islander84
09-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Appreciate the replies....The sticky mouse trap is actually pretty good idea

tampanian
09-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Step 1: Take off shoe
Step 2: Throw shoe furiously at lizard
Step 3: Rinse and Repeat

That is how I dealt with lizards at RH.
Lol, you’re too much!

While on the island, I was at home on the cell phone and walked outside to my car for a moment, all the while leaving my front door cracked open. Upon reentering the house, I was stopped dead in my tracks by no less than a three-foot iguana standing in the middle of my hallway. After releasing a small amount of urine in my shorts, I knew I had to regroup and devise a plan to deal with this most intimidating creature…after all it’s either him or me ‘cause there just wasn’t enough room for the two of us. I don’t think the “throwing shoes” technique would have worked. I thought about throwing something at him but feared he might get mad and eat me. You see, he was raised up on all fours with head high and had that look in his beady little eyes like, “I’m trapped and I’ll stop at nothing to escape”. I did the only possible thing I could do; I called my wife to come downstairs. She did, and when she reached the bottom and unsuspectingly turned the corner, the two were face to face, mono y mono. I’ve never heard her scream so loudly (actually I’ve never heard anyone scream that loud). She turned and ran back upstairs while the reptile bolted for the door. Amazingly he came running out of the house on his back two legs. I’m not sure who was running faster, him or me? Yes, it was a close call, but through bravery and a tenacious willingness to defend my home at all cost, I was, in the end…victorious!
(Come to think of it, my wife didn’t talk to me much the rest of the evening???)

Anonymous123
09-10-2007, 08:50 PM
hahaha...good advice spyyder....
a friend of mine had a bigger problems......she went to the bathroom....and next thing i hear, screaming...there was a big *** frog/toad in the toilet.......imagine urinating on that :) ....it was the funniest thing imaginable...from that day onwards, i left the toilet seat cover down..just incase he came up my way :)
another friend of mine had two frogs that came up, supposedly through the cracks around the AC....

stateofequilibrium
09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Lizards do bite, but I doubt they'll break the skin. If they're the little gecko variety, just catch them and let them out, they won't bother you.

911Med
09-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Chances are the lizards will eat the bugs/beetles/cockroaches/spiders that you DON'T see in your room and that MIGHT actually inflict a bite. I would keep one in your room - sort of a biologic-accessory. Geckos are the new black.

WSUCougar
09-10-2007, 10:31 PM
my wife and I have had some funny situations with animals here already also. We have a huge "ONE EYED" frog that hangs out on our front porch. During the day time, it spends all day in an old emptied mason jar, and at night, its out. Then the next morning, when I head off to class its there back in the jar again. This is a jar that you would have your jam in. It barely fits in it. You have to see it to believe it. Then today we had a medium sized lizard crawl in between the sliding door and screen door and get trapped. So here we are hanging out in our living room, then we notice this lizard frantically trying to get out of this door, too hilarious

Junito
09-11-2007, 12:37 AM
I rather have lizards or frogs instead of the darn crabs crawling around my front porch in Dominica. At night they would sneak up on you :shock:

911Med
09-11-2007, 01:23 AM
I rather have lizards or frogs instead of the darn crabs crawling around my front porch in Dominica. At night they would sneak up on you :shock:

Juni -
Are you referring to pediculosis? You were obviously hanging around the wrong crowd down in Dominica...

and yes, they do happen to "sneak" up on you.

Junito
09-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Ah man, I left myself wide open for that one...;) I'm sure everyone knows I was referring to the crustacean kind. Wifey would have killed me. :shock:

Diva
09-12-2007, 08:57 AM
lol, you guys are too much!
Its a lizard...not a black bear.
leave some lettuce outside ur door and leave it open, it probably doesnt like your rooms anyway and in thinking the same thing you are " what the....am i doing here...how do i get out!!"

camryllionareMD
09-12-2007, 09:32 AM
I saw 2 lizards in rh kitchen. I quizzed myself on what muscle groups they were using to walk.

Sebastien Guilbard
09-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Lizards are pretty harmless and eat any possible bug. They sneak in under the doors most of the time. If you have any problem with it, please go to front desk.

Thanks,

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.