PDA

View Full Version : License for CMU

rlewkowski
09-09-2007, 02:39 AM
Article in Amigoe.com (http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_33485.php)

Translation -

License for second medical university
17 Aug, 2007, 17:47 (GMT -04:00)

WILLEMSTAD - the Caribbean Medical University (CMU) got an establishment license for a medical faculty. The Government upon the recommendation of the department of General and Legal Affairs (AJZ) and the department of Economic Affairs (DEZ) task given to assist at settling the license. This confirms Eugene Rhuggenaath , Minister of Economic Affairs (PAR).

The medical university with an office address in Chicago in the United States, has already a department of premed education in the World Trade Center (WTC) on Piscadera. For basic science- training, which costs approximately 6000 American dollars per semester according to the Internet site, was lacking still the license. Reason for this was that Saint. Martinus Medical University in the Brionplein claimed the exclusive right as medical school.

According to Rhuggenaath AJZ, correspondence between departments has concluded the island group and DEZ that there was indeed the willingness existed at the government for this exclusive right of Saint. Martinus Medical University to extend to end 2007, but this has not been formalised. Moreover AJZ believes that there are no legal grounds for the exclusiviteit of Saint. Martinus, and that extending of this right doesnt comply with freedom of education, set out in the country regulation (constitution of the Antilles).

CMU keeps themselves so far outside the publicity. The Internet site only communicates that it concerns a foundation which has been set up on the island with support of the country. The name of the university does not occur in the register of the chamber of commerce. As a seat of the university a large building. to Van Leeuwenhoekstraat is given, where so far is little to see of only activity.

Saint. Martinus are in search of internal and foreign individuals and commit those want invest in the campus facilities, become clear from large advertisements which have last week appeared in Amigoe. Characteristics about this have not been confessed. The contact refers for information about this to John *********, which is inaccessible. For students who have the first phase of their training were wound up yesterday so-called white coat-ceremony kept in the WTC."

teratos
09-09-2007, 06:59 AM
So, you just got your license to act as a business there? That still doesn't help the poor students who are there now. Charter. That's the word to remember.

Scott1981
09-09-2007, 07:07 AM
your clouded credibility on VMD will go away if you finally prove that your students will be eligible for licensure in the united states. like teratos said, remember the word "charter." business license, foundation permits, congrat letters from the govt about starting a new med school, a letter from the govt telling you to follow the proper channels to establish a med school, and a charter from a undergrad university will not make students eligible for practice in the united states.

another word you should remember is (actually two words) is "hospital affiliation." you need these contracts with the hospital for your students to enroll and complete rotations that will count towards licensure. 3rd year clinical sciences cant be like in the wild west and any private doctor gets paid to take a student under his/her wing to give a complete education. while that may satisfy CMU's standards for a medical degree, it wont fly for licensure in the states.

maximillian genossa
09-09-2007, 07:55 AM
It seems that there are some hurdles to clear at Curacao, a license is NOT equivalent to a charter and it is not good enough for IMED-FAIMER to list the school. As much as it can be tried, CMU does NOT have a charter Mr. L. Your students CANNOT sit for any part of the USMLE or whatsoever. Such license for marketing purposes WITHOUT clearly stating in your website and brochures that the school has NO charter can be construed as deceptive marketing practices under FTC (Federal Trade Commission) guidelines (which modesty apart I have a great deal of experience dealing with). It and can get CMU in a great deal of trouble. Especially if you use any kind of United States Postal service involvement and any transaction involving MONEY is done (Possible Postal fraud sir). The water will only get deeper sir. I don't mean to disrespect you or accuse your institution of fraud or anything similar since I have no cut and clear evidence of specific intent, but I would re-evaluate your marketing practices and the ETHICAL thing to do is a FULL DISCLOSURE to students about the charter issue so they can make an informed decision.

Perhaps you could have chosen a friendlier host country and could have investigated any conflict of interest bound contractually by the government and a competing party (another school) BEFORE you decided to open the school in this particular country. But it is now too late for that. Seems to me either they did not tell you, or you did not asked and they were happy to take your incorporation and licensing fees which you will have to address with Curacao. Before even considering the licensing procedure, you should have cleared it with the Department of Education of Curacao and move on to another place. Again, too late for this.

As it is right now, you can't keep on with your current marketing and you should and must desist in doing so either until you SPECIFICALLY inform all students about this or you get a valid and LEGAL charter.

I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, but it is time to listen and act accordingly.

Just my .02c

Max

maximillian genossa
09-09-2007, 08:07 AM
On a separate note Scott, is that a cat what you have on your avatar or a strange dog?

Scott1981
09-09-2007, 08:21 AM
On a separate note Scott, is that a cat what you have on your avatar or a strange dog?

its my beloved bageera (bombay cat). he passed away this last march. whenever my wife or i took a close up face pic of him, he would always look like either a kangaroo or a real old wise cat with gray hair even though he was black :lol:.

studentdoctobe
09-09-2007, 09:08 AM
A little reminder RL, once you defer to your legal dept they WOULD have informed you that you should no longer be involved, they have officially become responsible for all situations regarding your school, you should know that, if you TRULY had a legal team.

Showing up with this type of information only confirms that you are hiding for reasons best known to you.

You are asked a question and you hide behind a busy schedule, or have you not had time to still show the documents you claimed you were too busy to provide.

You are asked a question about charter and you hide behind your legal team, you get the picture.

Everyone is tired of reading all these types of threads from you, you think you can outsmart a whole bunch of medical student, NOT.

Unless you GET A CHARTER AND SCAN IT AND POST IT HERE, ANYTHING SHORT OF THAT PLEASE DO NOT WASTE ANYONE'S TIME ANYMORE, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

dt
09-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Let me understand this...

August 10th, the government invited you (CMU) to apply.
August 17th, they gave you a license.

Is a license the same as a charter? Could you (RL) ask your lawyer(?) and reply? Is this license posted now on your website?

finishingfifth
09-09-2007, 10:57 AM
A poorly written article about an unrelated business license. Vintage RL.

schoolagain
09-09-2007, 11:08 AM
its my beloved bageera (bombay cat). he passed away this last march. whenever my wife or i took a close up face pic of him, he would always look like either a kangaroo or a real old wise cat with gray hair even though he was black :lol:.
I wondered the same thing...I just thought it was your pet panther.

DRDRWMD
09-09-2007, 11:32 AM
its my beloved bageera (bombay cat). he passed away this last march. whenever my wife or i took a close up face pic of him, he would always look like either a kangaroo or a real old wise cat with gray hair even though he was black :lol:.He looked like an angry kitty who just had a bath and ate a pickle subsequently. It would also work for a sour candy commercial.

eastern2western
09-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Suddenly, topic of conversation just changed.

teratos
09-09-2007, 02:08 PM
stay on topic, please.

TonyIvey
09-09-2007, 08:24 PM
what a joke of an article considering the way you ran out here to display it as if anyone will be impressed by it.

TonyIvey
09-10-2007, 08:10 PM
It seems that there are some hurdles to clear at Curacao, a license is NOT equivalent to a charter and it is not good enough for IMED-FAIMER to list the school. As much as it can be tried, CMU does NOT have a charter Mr. L. Your students CANNOT sit for any part of the USMLE or whatsoever. Such license for marketing purposes WITHOUT clearly stating in your website and brochures that the school has NO charter can be construed as deceptive marketing practices under FTC (Federal Trade Commission) guidelines (which modesty apart I have a great deal of experience dealing with). It and can get CMU in a great deal of trouble. Especially if you use any kind of United States Postal service involvement and any transaction involving MONEY is done (Possible Postal fraud sir). The water will only get deeper sir. I don't mean to disrespect you or accuse your institution of fraud or anything similar since I have no cut and clear evidence of specific intent, but I would re-evaluate your marketing practices and the ETHICAL thing to do is a FULL DISCLOSURE to students about the charter issue so they can make an informed decision.

Perhaps you could have chosen a friendlier host country and could have investigated any conflict of interest bound contractually by the government and a competing party (another school) BEFORE you decided to open the school in this particular country. But it is now too late for that. Seems to me either they did not tell you, or you did not asked and they were happy to take your incorporation and licensing fees which you will have to address with Curacao. Before even considering the licensing procedure, you should have cleared it with the Department of Education of Curacao and move on to another place. Again, too late for this.

As it is right now, you can't keep on with your current marketing and you should and must desist in doing so either until you SPECIFICALLY inform all students about this or you get a valid and LEGAL charter.

I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, but it is time to listen and act accordingly.

Just my .02c

Max
The postal fraud point is a good one.a very serious one for sure.there's a lot he should be concerned about.i try to imagine how many students may have had my same experience and if anyone fell for it and how they would feel when it fianlly dawnd on them that what they got into and how much time and money they wasted.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.