PDA

View Full Version : Where are the supporters?

eastern2western
09-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Original post is deleted because of too much sarcasm.

rlewkowski
09-08-2007, 03:22 AM
It has been a while since I heard any supporters and I want to hear from the supporters to talk about how much they love this new medical school. For the people who do not like CMU, I want u to keep your fingers off your keyboard and let those people exercise their freedom of speech. Let them speak and let them speak.
Mr RL, since u claim cmu is getting new students for the september semester, then those folks must have heard of this little place and they should come on down and declare their love for your wonderful university. Let them speak and let them speak. I want to hear about all the wonderful stories of enormous dorm rooms, wonderful Indian food and free cables. I want to hear them all Mr RL.

Seems like they dont want to waste time here...

maximillian genossa
09-08-2007, 07:15 AM
now that is ironic.

ind3r
09-08-2007, 07:25 AM
Haha funny...not. I am sure the ones that applied weren't valuemd members. (after reading all these issues, who would...) If they were pleased with what has been happneing so far, I am sure you would urge them to register and prove many of the members here wrong. The only reason I believe that you are not asking them to do this is b/c once they are aware of the problems that they could potentially face (based on the issues raised on this forum), they will ask for a refund and run while they still can get their 80%!
Before the first day of class - 100%;
Within the first week of the enrollment period - 80%;
Within the second week of the enrollment period - 60%;
Within the third week of the enrollment period - 40%;
Beyond the 3rd week of the enrollment period: No Refund;I'm sure you will bring this site up atleast after the third week...

studentdoctobe
09-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah right, with the amount of time YOU spend here and the fact that this is your little place where you come to TOOT YOUR HORN and the fact that there have been a few cases of "multiple account" incidents to your favor, because indeed they came to "assist" the CMU is a legal school that is going through grooming stage deal (:lol:).

Given all these facts, IF THERE WERE INDEED ANY NEW STUDENTS THIS WOULD BE THE ONE PLACE YOU WANT THEM TO BE,
IF;
1, They were some how immersed in the notion of the school having ANY credibility, although no one knows how that could be. exhibit a, djsiva.
2, They are one of the 5 current students and they somehow read all this BUT believe IT IS ALL A CONSPIRACY, exhibit b, hirizal, whom might I remind you, you advocated for him to be a mod (:lol:) and he is actually logged on here sometimes for hours

3, Your SGA leader or whatever he was, who posted here twice, made a promise to come back after finals to "clear up some things" and then was never heard from, anyone can only imagine WHY.

Lets not forget other school officials who have come to assist but have been proven to have lied multiple times and they left, exhibit c, ansom who was first a parent of a student and the next day he was a medical student who had turned down AUC, SGU, ROSS in favor of attending CMU (:lol:). Oh whatever became of MDBonaire (:lol:)

Them having time is not the real isue, they have to
a) exhist,
b) be able to read all the information here and not run for the hills (:lol:)
c) they must not have other options of better schools to attend

studentdoctobe
09-08-2007, 08:32 AM
In addition.

If you do not expect them to come here because "they don't want to waste time here"

Who exactly do you plan to target or reach when you post information about "open house" and "residence in curaco" or "welcoming students to your school and what to bring and what to do upon arrival".

It only makes sense that the information is for your students, yet NO ONE EVER responds to those threads.

Is it all FOR SHOW, to make it appear like you are expecting students, I mean if you don't think they have time to come and read and respond to those your posts, WHY DO YOU POST THEM?

It's not like you expect random people who have applied to your school or is considering CMU to read all the information here and still want to attend. C'mon you know it is highly unlikely.

eastern2western
09-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Original post is deleted because of its sarcasm.

superhumper
09-08-2007, 05:27 PM
I
Who exactly do you plan to target or reach when you post information about "open house" and "residence in curaco" or "welcoming students to your school and what to bring and what to do upon arrival".
Hi All,

I know. cmu is trying to pull the same trick as last time. Get new students from St. Martinus

SH

md1student
09-08-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm a Saint James student and right away I started getting emails from CMU trying to recruit me. I am soooooo glad I deleted every email I got from them!!!!!!!!!!!! Not like SJ is much better but atleast it has some credibility compared to CMU!:rolleyes:

ind3r
09-08-2007, 07:58 PM
wow do you know how they obtained your e-mail??

eastern2western
09-08-2007, 08:14 PM
could simply be pm.

md1student
09-08-2007, 11:29 PM
could simply be pm.

No wasn't a pm. It came through as a regular email. I am guessing they just went through everyone's profiles on here and sent the emails from that option.:rolleyes:

eastern2western
09-08-2007, 11:45 PM
what did they offer to u for switching schools?

MDXRS22
09-09-2007, 02:27 AM
A nice MUG....teddy bear on it too ;)

studentdoctobe
09-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi All,

I know. cmu is trying to pull the same trick as last time. Get new students from St. Martinus

SH
Makes a lot of sense yeah.

And I was thinking that non-US based students who have no intentions of practicing in the US and could not get into any better schools, CMU provides a place for them to make their wish to be a doctor a bit reachable.

studentdoctobe
09-09-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm a Saint James student and right away I started getting emails from CMU trying to recruit me. I am soooooo glad I deleted every email I got from them!!!!!!!!!!!! Not like SJ is much better but atleast it has some credibility compared to CMU!:rolleyes:

No wasn't a pm. It came through as a regular email. I am guessing they just went through everyone's profiles on here and sent the emails from that option.:rolleyes:

:crackingup:

Now this is hilarious, thanks for letting us know what is going on behind the scenes.

A bit of desperation moves right there for CMU.

Although I can't imagine how they would think this work for any student recruitment effort :lol:

RL why did I not get one of those emails :twisted:

superhumper
09-09-2007, 09:45 AM

Now this is hilarious, thanks for letting us know what is going on behind the scenes.
A bit of desperation moves right there for CMU.
Although I can't imagine how they would think this work for any student recruitment effort :lol:
RL why did I not get one of those emails :twisted:

Hi All,

He is busy targeting St.Martinus students. It's cheaper, they are already on the island.

SH

eastern2western
09-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Price wars of carribbean medical schools.

md1student
09-09-2007, 10:50 AM
what did they offer to u for switching schools?

It was a basic-why you should come to our school- email. It was introducing the school, the island, all the wonderful things the school had to offer students and how they have clinical sites all over the US set up for their students. Wish I wouldn't have deleted it, I could have shared with everyone. SJSM charges to much to transfer lol I am here whether I like it or not til I grduate!:D

rlewkowski
09-09-2007, 02:42 PM
It was a basic-why you should come to our school- email. It was introducing the school, the island, all the wonderful things the school had to offer students and how they have clinical sites all over the US set up for their students. Wish I wouldn't have deleted it, I could have shared with everyone. SJSM charges to much to transfer lol I am here whether I like it or not til I grduate!:D

We have never sent any basic emails /why you should come to our school- email/ so please post the content of that email. We don’t send emails to prospective students other than those who subscribed to the CMU's newsletter.

superhumper
09-09-2007, 03:12 PM
We donít send emails to prospective students other than those who subscribed to the CMU's newsletter.

Hi All,

Right..... And Dr JP never sent any letters through cmu mail either...

SH

MYMD
09-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah that is stupid and is unnecessary!

md1student
09-09-2007, 07:50 PM
We have never sent any basic emails /why you should come to our school- email/ so please post the content of that email. We donít send emails to prospective students other than those who subscribed to the CMU's newsletter.

The only reason you say that is because it is clearly written that I DELETED IT! I wouldn't want anything from your school and I NEVER signed up for any of your newletters but yet I received two different emails from your school!:evil:

TonyIvey
09-09-2007, 08:14 PM
The only reason you say that is because it is clearly written that I DELETED IT! I wouldn't want anything from your school and I NEVER signed up for any of your newletters but yet I received two different emails from your school!:evil:
I don't think their newsletter works. when i was applying to the schol i signed up for the newsletter and never got anything from there.they must not have got your email from there, they must have got it from here somehow. i do't think anyone expects him to own up to doing that,not anytime soon anyway.why do they think anyone will leave their school for a school without a charter.

eastern2western
09-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Original post had to be deleted because of its sarcasm.

TonyIvey
09-10-2007, 05:53 AM
After all of these days, I still do not have an answer for the original question of this post. Where are all the supporters. If u check out the forums for other schools, u will get a ton of students over there either say their school is the best of the carribbeans or they just complain about how horrible their island is. I want to see some of those types of people start showing up here sooner or later. When this school first started, there was dj silva who was praising about how great cmu was and how great everything was better than sgu. Now we do not even see those types of people anymore. Where are they RL? Now, RL claims that CMU is getting new students. Well, those new people must heard of CMU from some types of media and most likely they heard of the school from this valuemd because cmu is not Ivy League of Carribbeans and they do not have graduates running around practicing medicine in the state. My basic question is where all of these brand new students we have been hearing about or is the rumor about cmu not getting any new students is true? Personally, I am sick and tire of hearing people who have never been to the school and criticize the school's lack of proper paperwork and I want to hear people who are actually in trenches and fighting a good fight. Come on down supporters. I want to hear from u folks and do not tell me u do not have time because people who are doctors and people who studying step two still manage to find time to post their opinions in here. I am sure that first year students probably have more time than those folks.
You need to take a deep breath no one is coming to respond to your demands no matter how many times you ask, you should knw that by now. maybe you can visist cuaraco to see if they ae there.

eastern2western
09-10-2007, 09:58 AM
You need to take a deep breath no one is coming to respond to your demands no matter how many times you ask, you should knw that by now. maybe you can visist cuaraco to see if they ae there.
Deleted to avoid sarcasm.

studentdoctobe
09-10-2007, 10:16 AM
After all of these days, I still do not have an answer for the original question of this post. Where are all the supporters. If u check out the forums for other schools, u will get a ton of students over there either say their school is the best of the carribbeans or they just complain about how horrible their island is. I want to see some of those types of people start showing up here sooner or later. When this school first started, there was dj silva who was praising about how great cmu was and how great everything was better than sgu. Now we do not even see those types of people anymore. Where are they RL? Now, RL claims that CMU is getting new students. Well, those new people must heard of CMU from some types of media and most likely they heard of the school from this valuemd because cmu is not Ivy League of Carribbeans and they do not have graduates running around practicing medicine in the state. My basic question is where all of these brand new students we have been hearing about or is the rumor about cmu not getting any new students is true? Personally, I am sick and tire of hearing people who have never been to the school and criticize the school's lack of proper paperwork and I want to hear people who are actually in trenches and fighting a good fight. Come on down supporters. I want to hear from u folks and do not tell me u do not have time because people who are doctors and people who studying step two still manage to find time to post their opinions in here. I am sure that first year students probably have more time than those folks.

This guy is depending too much on CMU drama for entertainment.

Some people are sick and tired of some whining too.

Good luck getting RL to dance to your tune :lol:

eastern2western
09-10-2007, 10:26 AM

This guy is depending too much on CMU drama for entertainment.

Some people are sick and tired of some whining too.

Good luck getting RL to dance to your tune :lol:
Original post had to be deleted because of its sarcasm.

studentdoctobe
09-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Do u think this is funny, buddy boy? I am a serious person. In order to trap an animal, the hunter must create a trap and sacrifice some meat as baite.
An experienced hunter SHOULD make sure THEY do not become the bait. :lol:

Tread carefully buddy boy!

Doc
09-10-2007, 11:21 AM
In order to trap an animal, the hunter must create a trap and sacrifice some meat as baite.

In the online world, this is referred to as trolling, which is against the terms of service.. In fact, we take trolling quite seriously issuing 3 infraction points (as opposed to 1 for most other infractions).

Some of your recent posts had already been reported for such activity and are currently being investigated. However, I believe you were being given the benefit of the doubt with the assumption that you're intentions weren't malicious ... that is until this very revealing post :twisted:. Therefore, I'd suggest editing your recent baiting posts before the Moderators complete their investigation.

eastern2western
09-10-2007, 04:03 PM
In the online world, this is referred to as trolling, which is against the Terms of Service (http://www.valuemd.com/disclaimer.php).. In fact, we take trolling quite seriously issuing 3 infraction points (as opposed to 1 for most other infractions).

Some of your recent posts had already been reported for such activity and are currently being investigated. However, I believe you were being given the benefit of the doubt with the assumption that you're intentions weren't malicious ... that is until this very revealing post :twisted:. Therefore, I'd suggest editing your recent baiting posts before the Moderators complete their investigation.
In order to avoid another infarction, I will now stop making sarcastic comments because I want to stay in valuemd for its informative informations.

TonyIvey
09-10-2007, 06:11 PM
In order to avoid another infarction, I will now stop making sarcastic comments because I want to stay in valuemd for its informative informations.

diogenes
09-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Doc, please refrain from inducing these online infarctions[sic]: don't you have to clear it with the ethics committee first?

Doc
09-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Doc, please refrain from inducing these online infarctions: don't you have to clear it with the ethics committee first?

As stated in the sticky in this forum, the CMU forum is under stricter moderation as there have been many violations of the Terms of Service (http://www.valuemd.com/disclaimer.php) recently. Violations will result in immediate infractions without courtesy PMs to edit (especially those who have already had infractions in this forum recently and know the rules).

If people want to stop seeing infractions issued, they should stop violating the TOS :cool:.

p.s. Regarding the "ethics committee", I assume you mean that it should be reviewed by the Moderators first? If so, the infractions are reviewed by the Moderators and can be reversed upon review.

diogenes
09-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Sorry Doc, that was my lame attempt to inject some light-heartedness into this. Infarctions tickled my crude sense of humour.

Doc
09-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Sorry Doc, that was my lame attempt to inject some light-heartedness into this. Infarctions tickled my crude sense of humour.

Ah, I missed that the first time :oops:. Hmmm, maybe we should change the TOS to say that violators will receive infarctions :shock: :lol:.

TonyIvey
09-10-2007, 07:45 PM
ok we need to be on topic here folks.

diogenes
09-10-2007, 07:55 PM
ok we need to be on topic here folks.
Now there's a conundrum.
As the OP has deleted the first post of the thread and several subsequent ones (very wisely, in my view), what exactly is the topic?
Wouldn't it be better to allow the thread to expire in a relatively dignified manner with a little gentle laughter?

eastern2western
09-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Well, the purpose of this thread is just to hear from people who are actually attending or planning to attend the school. It was fun for while, then doc started to accuse me of trolling and I had to wiki it up to find out what it means. Once I understand the meaning, I just decdied to erase the other craps to avoid another infarction. Under the wiki definition of trolling, almost anything can be interpreted as trolling and I just do not want to get my self ban from such entertaining forum.

studentdoctobe
09-11-2007, 12:39 PM
As stated in the sticky in this forum, the CMU forum is under stricter moderation as there have been many violations of the Terms of Service (http://www.valuemd.com/disclaimer.php) recently. Violations will result in immediate infractions without courtesy PMs to edit (especially those who have already had infractions in this forum recently and know the rules).

If people want to stop seeing infractions issued, they should stop violating the TOS :cool:.

p.s. Regarding the "ethics committee", I assume you mean that it should be reviewed by the Moderators first? If so, the infractions are reviewed by the Moderators and can be reversed upon review.
Really? did not realize THAT.

*Ahem* How does one appeal and get a review for reversal?

Inquiring minds want to know. :cool:

Doc
09-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Really? did not realize THAT.

*Ahem* How does one appeal and get a review for reversal?

Inquiring minds want to know. :cool:

I 've gone ahead and requested a review of your last infraction for you (assuming that is what you meant).

studentdoctobe
09-11-2007, 01:25 PM
I 've gone ahead and requested a review of your last infraction for you (assuming that is what you meant).
Cooool, yes and there was this other one that ummmmm.

What had happened was....

Doc
09-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Cooool, yes and there was this other one that ummmmm.

What had happened was....

Actually, all cases are reviewed by Mods and Admins anyways, regardless of whether it is requested or not. So it's not necessary to "appeal" it.

TonyIvey
09-15-2007, 02:04 PM
In the online world, this is referred to as trolling, which is against the Terms of Service (http://www.valuemd.com/disclaimer.php).. In fact, we take trolling quite seriously issuing 3 infraction points (as opposed to 1 for most other infractions).

Just a reminder to some people.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.