PDA

View Full Version : 5th sem schedule/kaplan/clinicals/larkin

slapusilly21
09-06-2007, 02:59 PM
anybody know exactly what the 5th sem schedule is in miami? everybody writes something and i see 5 diff schedules from 5 people all claiming to be SMU students.

azulpanther
09-06-2007, 03:05 PM
1st 7 weeks of the semester u take the kaplan review course. this is pretty much everyday from 8 - 5 pm. Starting around week 8 -9 thats when u start the preclinical part. Its roughly 8 -5 everyday give or take a couple of hrs.

ALB123
09-06-2007, 09:45 PM
There is no "set" 5th schedule, it varies from week to week. Usually like azul says 8 - 5 with an hour lunch break, this week we have class all week and also saturday and sunday with monday off. I would say there are a total of 7 or 8 days off from now, september, until october 22 (which is when kaplan ends).

After kaplan ends, you get 1 week off to study/take the exam.

Then ICM/CT begins which has somewhat the same schedule, but with weekends off (this is what we were told) I'm sure we will have a better idea when kaplan ends.

So far kaplan has been pretty terrific, the physiology teacher (our first teacher) has done a great job. I only have good things to say about the kaplan program so far and anticipate it continueing that way...

Mongolian
09-07-2007, 08:42 AM
There is no "set" 5th schedule, it varies from week to week. Usually like azul says 8 - 5 with an hour lunch break, this week we have class all week and also saturday and sunday with monday off. I would say there are a total of 7 or 8 days off from now, september, until october 22 (which is when kaplan ends).

After kaplan ends, you get 1 week off to study/take the exam.

Then ICM/CT begins which has somewhat the same schedule, but with weekends off (this is what we were told) I'm sure we will have a better idea when kaplan ends.

So far kaplan has been pretty terrific, the physiology teacher (our first teacher) has done a great job. I only have good things to say about the kaplan program so far and anticipate it continueing that way...

Sounds good, but how long ahead of time do you know of your days off??? and is it usually like only 1 day off at a time or do you get 2 days off in a row?? I am assuming its because of teacher availability cause if not thats pretty crappy...

azulpanther
09-07-2007, 11:33 AM
yeah u are right about the teacher availability. Remember these kaplan professors must fly in. Last semester the 5th semester had class for 3 weeks straight but had almost 8 days off straight. It varies with the professors schedules

UFTim
09-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Sounds good, but how long ahead of time do you know of your days off??? and is it usually like only 1 day off at a time or do you get 2 days off in a row?? I am assuming its because of teacher availability cause if not thats pretty fecespy...

We got our Kaplan schedule the first day in Miami.

ALB123
09-07-2007, 05:34 PM
yep we have our schedule, got it first day.. We have this monday off and i think there is a time span of 4 days off somewhere in the schedule.

russut
09-07-2007, 06:43 PM
anybody know exactly what the 5th sem schedule is in miami? everybody writes something and i see 5 diff schednyules from 5 people all claiming to be SMU students.

i have nothing but good things to say about kaplan so far. However the first day they said it was boot camp and i can vouche for that, it is. the physio prof is great. I cant imagine anyone not wanting to do kaplan and stay in cayman instead. but thats just my opinion.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.