PDA

View Full Version : Saw your post

sjsmstudent
09-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Please note that there are many postings of fraudulent advertisement of CMU in their attempt to trick applicants in their scam. The consumers may file complaints to the Federal consumer fraud section against RLand CMU which is operating from his one bedroom apartment and cellphone but using a fictitious address in W. Higgins. Applicants who feel they have been deceived through false ads are best advised to file a complaint against this scam. Here is the link:

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq (https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq)$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

superhumper
09-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Please note that there are many postings of fraudulent advertisement of CMU in their attempt to trick applicants in their scam. The consumers may file complaints to the Federal consumer fraud section against RLand CMU which is operating from his one bedroom apartment and cellphone but using a fictitious address in W. Higgins. Applicants who feel they have been deceived through false ads are best advised to file a complaint against this scam. Here is the link:
https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq (https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq)$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Hi All,

I think it's really good idea...

SH

dt
09-03-2007, 01:59 PM
sjsmstudent,

Saw your post at CMU forum:

http://www.valuemd.com/caribbean-medical-university-cmu/142457-cmu.html
[on edit: the link had pointed to post in CMU forum. the same post is now post #1 in this thread.]

I see you're still upset.

Is it true that many of your staff left to join CMU?

dt
09-03-2007, 02:07 PM
How do you know that this is the right avenue? Maybe a more effective path would be with the Curacao government.

On a side note: its interesting to see a st. james' school official and a st. james' faculty getting involved here.

on edit: 'here' was meant to be 'cmu forum'

dt
09-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Ah, I see the magic of valuemd is at work. 2 threads merged into one.

rlewkowski
09-03-2007, 08:50 PM
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=blue][B][COLOR=purple]
RL and CMU which is operating from his one bedroom apartment and cellphone but using a fictitious address in W. Higgins.

Dear "sjsmstudent"
You are welcome to visit our office located in a A-class corporate building or contact us at "my cell phone" at 847 299 5575.
I think students should report to the Fraud Department your practices of charging students $6000 transfer fee and employees have already filed a wage claims to the Department of Labor for unpaid salaries. See you in the court in 3 weeks. I'll publish the results of the case here.

superhumper
09-03-2007, 08:52 PM
HI All,

You know, CMU could have been perfect scam if RL could have avoided posting on VMD....I bet he regrets the day he posted his first thread....

SH:ald:

dt
09-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Ah, more magic by valuemd...

now this thread has migrated to CMU forum.

maximillian genossa
09-03-2007, 10:13 PM
I have not seen so much dirt been put out since the St. Chris thing. Now here are my questions, to all:

1- Does this school has facilities?

2- Are they holding classes?

3-Do they have professors?

4- Are student's getting an education in exchange for their money?

Before someone points out the obvious, I already do know they do not have a charter, it happened to Xavier for a little while, as far as I can remember, ultimately they got it. Perhaps, as a result of government being too slow, or perhaps they have not applied , or perhaps it got denied? Can someone, answer WITHOUT speculation, I have had enough of that (especially with the Kennedy asasination theories ;) ) Now, I am seeing serious accusations and words with serious legal consequences, like scam, fraud, etc. Open violation of TOS, perhaps yes, perhaps no, I don't get involved in that part of the forum. I just want to KNOW the answers for the 3 questions above.

Be civilized folks, whatever we say and do in these forums reflect on our true nature and character, and I am seeing a lot of poor character in this forum.

Max

stephew
09-03-2007, 10:30 PM
i agree that some of these schools would have done better longer without the likes of vmd exposing serious issues.

DOC.p
09-04-2007, 04:48 AM
ah gotta love the professionalism of the school officials.

rlewkowski
09-04-2007, 07:01 AM
I have not seen so much dirt been put out since the St. Chris thing. Now here are my questions, to all:

Before someone points out the obvious, I already do know they do not have a charter, it happened to Xavier for a little while, as far as I can remember, ultimately they got it. Perhaps, as a result of government being too slow, or perhaps they have not applied , or perhaps it got denied? Can someone, answer WITHOUT speculation, I have had enough of that (especially with the Kennedy asasination theories ;) ) Now, I am seeing serious accusations and words with serious legal consequences, like scam, fraud, etc. Open violation of TOS, perhaps yes, perhaps no, I don't get involved in that part of the forum. I just want to KNOW the answers for the 3 questions above.

Be civilized folks, whatever we say and do in these forums reflect on our true nature and character, and I am seeing a lot of poor character in this forum.

Max

Dear Max
You're absolutely right about Xavier having problems with its charter for time being, yet the school is doing fine now.

You're absolutely right about serious accusations and words with serious legal consequences, like scam, fraud, etc. I’m not sure why moderators are allowing that. CMU is a legit medical school and its operating with full support from the Government of Curacao and the Government of Netherlands Antilles.
"Perhaps, as a result of government being too slow, or perhaps they have not applied, or perhaps it got denied? "
We applied for the charter in March and the delayed occurred mainly because of the other medical school on the island claiming to have exclusive right, which was clarified a month ago.

You are also right about a lot of poor character in this forum.

Not your questions:
1. The facilities are the 2nd or 3rd largest among the caribbean med schools belong to the CIU, our "sister" university. We will be merging those 2 institutions soon.
2. We are holding classes from May since we signed an affiliation with CIU.
3. Currently there are 7 professors appointed for next semester and will be teaching PM1, MD1 and MD4.
4. Students are getting decent education in exchange for their tuition. There are about 30% students financing their education through the MedLoan program.

I hope this helps.

studentdoctobe
09-04-2007, 09:18 AM

Max
Regardless of why they DO NOT HAVE A CHARTER YET, or why they are not IMED listed, why is it easy to ignore the possibility that all classes prior to getting one are NULL and VOID and the impact this would have on the students.

1. Outline how the Xavier situation played out and why it was acceptable to be open without any of that and how that affected their students.

2. Are you familiar with the St. Chris situation, what is your opinion of how they ended up, again without any of the above.

One has to really question the motives read here.

emt036
09-04-2007, 09:24 AM
CMU is a legit medical school.

How can you say that CMU is a legit medical school when it does not have a charter to hold classes nor grant an MD degree?

It boggles the mind.

siheg
09-04-2007, 11:19 AM
School Officials- Cant you see how amazingly unprofesional you look when you let your mouth get you into countless problems.

maximillian genossa
09-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Possibility, you just said it, whoever wants to gamble with that possibility, let them help themselves doing so, it may work it may not work. You are not doing it, correct? Why get so passionate and personal over it?

Xavier is IMED listed, student ARE elegible to take the USMLE, and their charter was delayed, yes. I have not heard or do not know of any students having a problem taking the USMLE and getting their degree accepted.

In terms of the charter, their classes might be good from the moment the host country granted them a license or a permit to operate in their soil, even if the charter is delayed, you can ask any lawyer with some knowledge in this area, or you can ask the host government, they are in a better position to answer you that than merely speculating in these forums, they may tell you what are the specifics, why doesn't anyone here, that are so concerned about this address it with the Government of Curacao? Now, that really is mind boggling.

Yes I am familiar with ST. Chris, too familiar for my standards. Last time I checked they do have a charter, where you get that they don't have one? Check IMED below:

IMED - FAIMER International Medical Education Directory - School Details (http://imed.ecfmg.org/details.asp?country=820&school=&currpage=1&cname=SENEGAL&city=&region=&rname=&mcode=820020&psize=25)

What are my motives? To bring some civility in an obvious unprofessional and speculative thread and forum. I am not biased dude, contrary to most people here. I have seen some moderators not moderating, I have seen a school official behaving with balant unprofessionalism not to mention the rest of the pack.

" One has to really question the motives read here."

If you mean or are implying I work for the school, I will bet you whatever amount you want right off the bat I am not. If you think I am a student there, same, bet whatever you want because I like high stakes gambling when someone tries to say or imply something about me that is simply untrue. If interested on the bet, let me know.

Trying to be objective is my real motive, some people obviously have a problem with that.

Peace bro

Max

Regardless of why they DO NOT HAVE A CHARTER YET, or why they are not IMED listed, why is it easy to ignore the possibility that all classes prior to getting one are NULL and VOID and the impact this would have on the students.

1. Outline how the Xavier situation played out and why it was acceptable to be open without any of that and how that affected their students.

2. Are you familiar with the St. Chris situation, what is your opinion of how they ended up, again without any of the above.

One has to really question the motives read here.

studentdoctobe
09-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Xavier is IMED listed, student ARE elegible to take the USMLE and as far as I am awareFunny that you contradict yourself already, Because none of this is TRUE FOR CMU

In terms of the charter, their classes might be good from the moment the host country granted them a license or a permit to operate in their soil, even if the charter is delayed, you can ask any lawyer with some knowledge in this area.
And you are suggesting that some students bet 100k and 4 years to find out I guess.

Is it me or did you just tackle your own case, update us when you verify with a lawyer then.

Yes I am familiar with ST. Chris, too familiar for my standards. Last time I checked they do have a charter, where you get that they don't have one? Check IMED

IMED - FAIMER International Medical Education Directory - School Details (http://imed.ecfmg.org/details.asp?country=820&school=&currpage=1&cname=SENEGAL&city=&region=&rname=&mcode=820020&psize=25)
Well, you seemed to have answered your own questions yet your initial comment hinges on this "I already do know they (CMU) do not have a charter"

What are my motives? To bring some civility in an obvious unprofessional and speculative thread and forum. I am not biased dude, contrary to most people here. I have seen some moderators not moderating, I have seen a school official behaving with balant unprofessionalism not to mention the rest of the pack.
This is actually an ironic statement, think about it

" One has to really question the motives read here."

If you mean or are implying I work for the school, I will bet you whatever amount you want right off the bat I am not. If you think I am a student there, same, bet whatever you want because I like high stakes gambling when someone tries to say or imply something about me that is simply untrue. If interested on the bet, let me know.

Trying to be objective is my real motive, some people obviously have a problem with that.

Peace bro

MaxInteresting comments coming from you, given your "said" intent.

Re-read your original posts and your current posts.

maximillian genossa
09-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Nice circular argument, but if that makes you feel happy, whatever mate, whatever you say is ok, you are the expert and objective one here. ;)

Funny that you contradict yourself already, Because none of this is TRUE FOR CMU

And you are suggesting that some students bet 100k and 4 years to find out I guess.

Is it me or did you just tackle your own case, update us when you verify with a lawyer then.

Well, you seemed to have answered your own questions yet your initial comment hinges on this "I already do know they (CMU) do not have a charter"

This is actually an ironic statement, think about it

Interesting comments coming from you, given your "said" intent.

Re-read your original posts and your current posts.

studentdoctobe
09-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Nice circular argument, but if that makes you feel happy, whatever Hoss, whatever you say is ok, you are the expert and objective one here. ;)

dt
09-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Nice circular argument, but if that makes you feel happy, whatever Hoss, whatever you say is ok, you are the expert and objective one here. ;)

What's a "Hoss"?

Just asking 'cause I dont know what that means in this context.

byteme
09-04-2007, 05:07 PM
I've never heard it used outside of those old west shows like "Bonanza" and stuff, but it means the same as "buddy".

kemper6036
09-04-2007, 05:43 PM
i think its a southern like....i thought it meant like a big guy or something...hahah

stephew
09-04-2007, 06:05 PM
please stay on topic. thanks. and within tos- no flaming or insulting etc.

MYMD
09-04-2007, 07:46 PM
I've never heard it used outside of those old west shows like "Bonanza" and stuff, but it means the same as "buddy".
Yes "Hoss" was the lovable heavy guy..............................He fought a lot. he loved too.

stephew
09-04-2007, 08:48 PM
by "on topic", i mean the original one.

TonyIvey
09-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Please note that there are many postings of fraudulent advertisement of CMU in their attempt to trick applicants in their scam. The consumers may file complaints to the Federal consumer fraud section against RLand CMU which is operating from his one bedroom apartment and cellphone but using a fictitious address in W. Higgins. Applicants who feel they have been deceived through false ads are best advised to file a complaint against this scam. Here is the link:https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq (https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq)$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01
your link is not complete or it does not work

superhumper
09-10-2007, 09:56 PM
your link is not complete or it does not work

Hi All,

It does, it does work. Try this one, and please, please promise to use it

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

SH

TonyIvey
09-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Hi All,

It does, it does work. Try this one, and please, please promise to use it

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

SH
The good thing is tht my experience is real and I have proof of it to back it up.cmu only cares about the financial gain of opening up a schol and does not care anything about the students and if they have a shot at being succesful .if he did he would have made sure the school was legit before accepting tuition.i might even move to get my application fee back becasue they took it knowing their promoses were bogus

maximillian genossa
09-10-2007, 10:26 PM
...let me get this straight, you, an SJSM rep. as your avatar says is asking people to file a complaint of fraud against a competitor? Very nice. Let me make my position clear, I am not in favor or against anyone here, neither CMU or SJSM but it is a little bit far fetched your request (regardless if the allegations of fraud and scam are true or not, as of now they remain allegations from a legal point of view, and I don't like the fact that CMU has no charter, but INTENT of fraud must be proved) , especially coming from a competitor, and a competitor by definition is ANY medical school in the Caribbean region, and you, by simply looking at your avatar can be considered as being a competitor. It wouldn't look as conflicting as it does if your suggestion if it would have come from a regular student. It adds gas to an already burning fire and raises doubt on the legitimacy of your claims, it does not help your case neither, nor as much as it doesn't help CMU's case not having a charter. This forum has sunk to an all time low. Please!

Just that, my .02 c.

Cheers Max.

withSJSM

TonyIvey
09-10-2007, 10:31 PM
...let me see this, a SJSM rep. is asking people to file a complaint of fraud against a competitor? Let me make my position clear, I am not in favor or against anyone here, neither CMU or SJSM but it is a little bit far fetched your request (regardless if the allegations of fraud and scam are true or not, as of now they remain allegations from a legal point of view) , especially coming from a competitor, and a competitor by definition is ANY medical school in the Caribbean region. It wouldn't look as conflicting as it does if your suggestion would have come from a regular student. It adds gas to an already burning fire and raises doubt on the legitimacy of your claims. Just that, my .02 c.

Cheers Max.

withSJSM
I choose to take advantage of the information he posted, the history between him and cmu is between them.who better to offer up the weapon to maim an opponent than his enemy:twisted:
lets face it he knows where to kick him to get the most pain

eastern2western
09-10-2007, 10:32 PM
I think people should just quit beating a dead horse because there is nothing happening in here.

TonyIvey
09-10-2007, 10:32 PM
genossa why do you always edit your posts? just wondering

maximillian genossa
09-10-2007, 10:34 PM
because I am adding more into it.

genossa why do you always edit your posts? just wondering

TonyIvey
09-10-2007, 10:35 PM
because I am adding more into it.
yeah i noticed, ah back on topic

maximillian genossa
09-10-2007, 10:37 PM
...his enemy, one competitor trying to put another one out of business. Nice clean fight I guess.

I choose to take advantage of the information he posted, the history between him and cmu is between them.who better to offer up the weapon to maim an opponent than his enemy:twisted:
lets face it he knows where to kick him to get the most pain

TonyIvey
09-10-2007, 10:39 PM
obvioulsy sjsm and cmu officials have a bitter history and know each other.maybe i should go and catch up on their posts.may help to understand this essense of this thread in particular. i wonder if they worked together at some point

TonyIvey
09-10-2007, 10:41 PM
...his enemy, one competitor trying to put another one out of business. Nice clean fight I guess.
hahaha it may be the laws of the caribbean medical schols.grab each others students and slander each other.small wonder any of them have time to focus on the students

maximillian genossa
09-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Thats very possible tony, it is not uncommon in the Caribbean medical school business former employees working for one school, part ways one opens a competing school, etc. It happened with Milik SOM, that doc. M. worked at AUA now competes with them. Who knows!

obvioulsy sjsm and cmu officials have a bitter history and know each other.maybe i should go and catch up on their posts.may help to understand this essense of this thread in particular. i wonder if they worked together at some point

maximillian genossa
09-10-2007, 10:43 PM
thats what separates the good schools from the not so good and the not so good from the real bad ones :shock:

hahaha it may be the laws of the caribbean medical schols.grab each others students and slander each other.small wonder any of them have time to focus on the students

TonyIvey
09-10-2007, 10:46 PM
thats what separates the good schools from the not so good and the not so good from the real bad ones :shock:
that i have to agree with. i have much more respect for schols who their officials stay out of the mudslinging.their forums are usually busy with student conversations,sharing and getting along.nothing like this here

maximillian genossa
09-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Indeed, that is true.

that i have to agree with. i have much more respect for schols who their officials stay out of the mudslinging.their forums are usually busy with student conversations,sharing and getting along.nothing like this here

TonyIvey
09-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Indeed, that is true.
They see it mainly as a business opportunity instead of realizing that it is a service to students,family,and community.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.