PDA

View Full Version : Clinical Rotations

claudia555555
09-01-2007, 11:55 AM
I read somewhere that Xavier through GMC does not provide "green book rotations" in Atlanta. Is it true? Are there any Xavier students in clinical rotations that can provide some information.

claudia555555
09-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Wow!!! no comments. Are there no students in clinical rotations at Xavier with the information?

IMG Reality
10-26-2007, 08:31 PM
I heard from the chief academic officer Dr. C that green book rotations through GMC were only possible if the student had passed step 1 first. To my knowledge Xavier students can rotate without passing which is why I speculate some don't rotate green book???

students
01-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Will my clerkship be inpatient (hospital setting) or outpatient?

Your rotations will take place primarily in outpatient settings such as community clinics and urgent cares. However depending on the location of the clinical rotation (i.e. Atlanta, Georgia), your attending physician and the hospital policies with regards to IMG, you may find access to hospital wards and be able to follow your patient while admitted, under the direct supervision of your attending physician.
The Greater Medical Center Dedicated to International Medical Students and Graduates (http://www.gmcgroup.org/GraduateFAQ.html#Anchor-14210)

Does it mean that GMC sends XSOM students to outpatient clinics to do rotations and not hospitals? Are they considering ACGME (green) or blue?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.